Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please rework Gotrek and Felix mechanics...

angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 768Registered Users
I am a fan of them but I really do not like their implementation in this game.

I made this thread so people could give some ideas for CA on how to change them for the better
Soon

Comments

• Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 2,270Registered Users
    just increase the number of turns they stay with you....

or increase the percentage chance of them popping up.

If it is pretty Rare to see them pop up for you.
  • cjmstatecjmstate Posts: 61Registered Users
    Just make them both legendary heroes. Also give them a % chance to show up in siege defense.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 110Registered Users
    I would give them a skill tree they share between each other, that can be leveled up by the player while under their control and when they leave the AI can level them up, leading to a penultimate option of a "stay permenately" option which converts Gotrek into a LH just like Felix.
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,292Registered Users
    I'm seeing the same gripes for G&F that I saw for Green Knight. Just make them permanent (or until they die and that can reset their quest/spawn mechanic)

Or wait for a permanent mod to come out. Which should be soon, if it's not out already.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    Kelefane said:

I'm seeing the same gripes for G&F that I saw for Green Knight. Just make them permanent (or until they die and that can reset their quest/spawn mechanic)

Or wait for a permanent mod to come out. Which should be soon, if it's not out already.

With Felix maybe. But Gotrek lord, without Red skills. His army just weak.

And 15% upkeep cos suply lines doesn't make him work even as alone army.
  • NariacNariac Posts: 230Registered Users
    they'd be so much better if they were both heroes.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,367Registered Users
    Also make Gotrek a bit fatter & taller than other dwarf leadership and increase the price & power difference between him and Felix.

Vanilla:

Mod:

• RubzyRubzy Posts: 92Registered Users
    Gotrek needs work on the battlefield aswell. He gets punted around Mazdamundi on Zlaaq and a Plague priest on screaming bell mount without getting any hits. Some ultimate monster slayer. The screaming bell is particularly humiliating since it can be much cheaper than Gotrek if you don't take any spells vs 1800 fully kitted Gotrek, yet it would still beat his ass. In my test the only reason why Gotrek beat Kroq-Gar on Carno is because the stupid thing insist on using the tail slap animation over and over, which doesn't knock him over and allows him constantly to get rear hits.

Carno animations should be looked at and Dwarf characters like Gotrek, Ungrim and Grombrindal shouldn't be so terrible in these matchups considering their cost.
  • kondenadokondenado Posts: 382Registered Users

I am a fan of them but I really do not like their implementation in this game.

I made this thread so people could give some ideas for CA on how to change them for the better

I didn't played yet but this is something that has keep me playing mount and blade. After empire undivided fiasco and the fact that gotrek and felix are just temporal, I am not eager to play again.
  • FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 1,064Registered Users
    I'm decidedly "unjazzed" about getting a temporary lord that will suck up xp then bugger off at a potential crucial moment.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Posts: 49Registered Users
    Skill tree, items!