Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Need Help with Vampire Coast

HunchoHuncho Posts: 1Registered Users
I can't seem to get any kills with vampire caost in particular with my handgunners and deckhands, I try to position my handgunners so they arent obstructed but it always ends badly for me, they awlays sub 20 kills.

Comments

• RikisRikis Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    Basically what works for me in the early game as Count Noctilus is have Noctilus himself and his starting necrofex jump into the enemy with a few deckhands. This way the enemy gets bogged down and your gunners keeps shooting, with a bit of repositioning here and there.

Make sure to have your flanks covered and prioritize getting mortars, your real damage dealers in my opinion.

Of course, with tech and skills involved your gunnery line melts everything charging at them.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    edited October 19
    Made your army position in checkers formation. AI very dumb with melee units, he all time going to attack closest enemy that going to attack them.

That why when you properly place your gun lines you are easly with very low micro win battle even on VH.

VP had one of the strongest roster, yes it need micro, but they lack of cavalry, so it depends.

The easiest VP factions is Cylostra and Aranessa.
    Cylostra can get banshee with 90% phys resistance, example basic syrens had 75% phys resistance.
    So unit with 90% resistance is x2.5 had more effective hp than unit with 75%. Kind imbalanced but it campaign.

Aranessa had living units with perfect vigor and she very strong fighter. But since port building that recruting units, Aranessa had problem with rebellions. So with nerf to ground income from ports, i recomend expande into empire, and ofc you need catch Isabella to get Aranessa regeneration, cos Aranessa count as living unit and can't be heal with lore vampire.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    edited October 19
    U need to have holes in your front line that and make them fit in there or have them at the front and then move infantry in font of them when enemies get too close. another way is to have them in the flanks behind infantry and try to keep everything busy while moving to the side / or the back of the enemy line and start firing.
    Remember, a lot of infantry can fire while moving.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,381Registered Users
    edited October 19
    It’s important that your melee units don’t block the line of sight of your gunnery mobs. That’s why monsters are better to blob the enemy.

My formation was always like that:

1. Line: Big Monsters, 2 heroes, LL
    2. Line: gunnery mobs
    3. Artillery + infantry

Maybe keep some units at the flank for protection.
    But with this formation enemy units will blob around your charging monsters and heroes while your gunnery mobs have a free line of sight to fire at them.
    For the worst case you still have your Depth Guard/deckhands in the back for a flexible Defense force.

Note:
    It’s important to play defensive and use magic to summon Zombies and rotting prometheans. Don’t use to much Melee infantry, they are just there for the worst case and the enemy gets to close. Your Arty, Gunnery mobs and Deck Gunners do the main job.

My midgame Noctilus Army:
    Noctilus
    Gunnery wight
    Fleet captain (deep)
    4x Depths Guard
    2x Deck Gunners
    2x gunnery mob (hand cannons)
    3x gunnery mob (handguns)
    2x carronade
    2x prometheans gunnery Mob
    Necrofex Colossus
    Queen Bess

My late game Noctilus Army:
    Noctilus
    Gunnery Wight
    Fleet captain (deep)
    3x Depths Guard
    2x Deck Gunners
    2x gunnery mob (hand cannons)
    2x gunnery mob (handguns)
    2x carronade
    3x Necrofex Colossus
    2x Rotten Leviathan
    Queen Bess

Hope this will help you. The vampire coast plays extremely different in battle but if you managed it it’s super powerful and fun to watch.

• Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    Vampire coast one of two DLC i regret buying. best you can do is return it while you can.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,359Registered Users

Vampire coast one of two DLC i regret buying. best you can do is return it while you can.

Why is that? They are a strong and capable faction.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,372Registered Users
    I hijack the topic for a Pirate Cove question.
    I pummeld a settlement, and then build my first cove there withe the 200g income thing (minor settlement).
    After that, I send a hero around to build a cove in a large settlement (this time with the percentage income, which was of course better for that settlement).

After that I wanted to plaster the entire Lustria coast with coasts but could not not build more (Noctilus, only Graveyard Capital). Money is no problem but no matter which coast or which settlement, it does not work. Anyone a idea what restrictions I do not see? Must I have now new settlements on my own to build more coves?

-------Red Dox
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,381Registered Users
    @Red_Dox

After building a cove with your hero you need to wait some turns for the next cove. The price to establish one increases up to 200% so you could still build one if you wanna spend that much money. This only happens when you build a cove with a hero. The cool down is 11 turns if I remember it right.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

@Red_Dox

After building a cove with your hero you need to wait some turns for the next cove. The price to establish one increases up to 200% so you could still build one if you wanna spend that much money. This only happens when you build a cove with a hero. The cool down is 11 turns if I remember it right.

Wait... You can bypass the wait time with heroes by paying a bit more?! How do you do it?

Btw, to answer Red Fox, there is a 15 turn wait time between coves for heroes. The timer is on the bar on the top of the screen, you need to hover your mouse over one of the icons.

When it comes to establishing a cove with an army however, there is no limit and it doesn't reset the hero cove timer.