Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New detection event for Under-Cities and Pirate Coves

MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 369
edited October 2019 in Feedback & Suggestions
I always felt that the player has not enough interactions with Under-Cities and Pirate Coves.
The new Empire event asking the player to help an Elector Count by sending him an army gave me an easy-to-implement idea to improve the impact of these hidden lairs on the campaign.

Note : This post assumes that the detection mechanic is expended to and balanced for Pirate Coves (reduction of the cost and of the cooldown when you establish a cove).

When an Under-City/Pirate Coves is detected, a 4 decisions event pops ups with the following choices:

1- Send the garrison : The player has to fight the garrison of the under-city with its own garrison. If an army is based in the city, it joins the fight. The size of the garrison depends on the location of the Under-City/Pirate Cove (major or minor settlement). A defeat only means the UC/PC stays (and your garrison/army suffers losses).

2- Hire mercenaries : For a certain amount of gold, the lair is automatically destroyed (this is equivalent to the already implemented way to get rid of an Under-City).

3- Do nothing/Deny the threat : Nothing happens (or public order penalties/bonuses)

4- Accept a bribe : The player earns a certain amount of gold. The corruption (Skaven/Vampiric) increases during X turns.

If the city is not destroyed, the event will pop up again in Y turns.

I think the last two options add flavor to the game (especially if you want to ally with Skavens - which is a bit useless even with Dark Elves for the moment - or if you want to roleplay the Empire).

A nice addition to this event would be 4 new maps : Major Under-City/Pirate Cove and minor Under-City/Pirate Cove. These maps could look like siege maps without walls. So a lot of "buildings" forcing the player to split the front line and fight for the streets.

Optional : The "reversed" idea could also be implemented when you own an under-city/cove and an "accidental" discovery happens.

PS : This is the corrected and improved version of a post originally in "General Discussion". I decided to post it here thanks to the approval and the insights of some members of the forum (original link : https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/252710/suggestion-new-detection-event-for-under-cities-and-pirate-coves#latest)

PPS : Another link to a comparable idea I had with, in addition, propositions on how to improve Aranessa Saltspite campaign (https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/247803/pirate-coves-aranessa-update#latest)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file