Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Optimisation/Graphics/All that jazz

Qwerty55Qwerty55 Posts: 5Registered Users
So I got this game on my PC and well.... I have most of the recommended specs but for some reason I am only scraping by the lowest graphics settings? Any reason why the hell this game is only running on the lowest of the low, when recommended keeps saying I can play 'high'?

Comments

• darkgaia01darkgaia01 Posts: 162Registered Users
    never trust the in game recommend settings always customise it your self and as you said most of the recommended specs it would help to tells us what your specs are it would help us to tell what wrong.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 595Registered Users
    Check out this website (or google for tww2 performance breakdown)

https://www.game-debate.com/news/23804/total-war-warhammer-2-pc-performance-breakdown-and-most-important-graphics-options

It oughta help you see what takes the most performance so what to disable.

If you really can not play it at all even on lowest (and i assume 1920*1080 resolution) post your hardware specs here and what is your OS.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,376Registered Users
    Recommended specs are probably for 30 fps or 720p only. There is no way you are getting a satisfying 60+ fps on high settings with those specified recommended specs on WH2.

• Qwerty55Qwerty55 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Okay my specs are

CPU:
    Intel Core i5 4690 3.50 Ghz

Ram:
    8gb

Graphics:
    GTX 750 ti

Motherboard:
    ASRock B85 Killer

Operating System:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

And other unimportant things, but I am only getting like 30-45 fps on lowest settings, and I have no idea why.
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 252Registered Users

Recommended specs are probably for 30 fps or 720p only. There is no way you are getting a satisfying 60+ fps on high settings with those specified recommended specs on WH2.

Recommended specs are 60 fps on high settings 1080p monitor ….. Grace did an article about it ;) uhh i mean total war hyvemind presented us with an article explaining indepth what you could expect. I guess the only exception to the rule could be the Mortal empires campaign since the recommended settings adress only both the campaigns found respectively with warhammer one and two ( belief me … you will cheer if you look at a mini campaign such as the elves in warhammer one and be destroyed by the requirements for the mortal empire campaign )

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
    Qwerty55 said:

Okay my specs are

CPU:

Ram:
    8gb

Graphics:
    GTX 750 ti

Motherboard:
    ASRock B85 Killer

Operating System:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

And other unimportant things, but I am only getting like 30-45 fps on lowest settings, and I have no idea why.

your 750 ti is very weak

• 42konyo42konyo Posts: 775Registered Users
    Qwerty55 said:

Okay my specs are

CPU:

Ram:
    8gb

Graphics:
    GTX 750 ti

Motherboard:
    ASRock B85 Killer

Operating System:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Your GPU is most likely the bottleneck (even when assuming it's the 4gb edition and not 2gb), also if it's not already, turn off SSAO and AA & texture filtering when upping the settings, then you could probably raise the settings to at least medium.
    42konyo said:

Qwerty55 said:

Okay my specs are

CPU:

Ram:
    8gb

Graphics:
    GTX 750 ti

Motherboard:
    ASRock B85 Killer

Operating System:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Your GPU is most likely the bottleneck (even when assuming it's the 4gb edition and not 2gb), also if it's not already, turn off SSAO and AA & texture filtering when upping the settings, then you could probably raise the settings to at least medium.
    yo cônô you really think those are enabled…

to depress the op more …. you need a gpu that's at least 500% better …. ( available today for only 350 euro's ) if you want decent quality graphics. I wouldn't be surprised if that thing would fit nicely into your desktop though you might get psu problems

i even have a so good as brand new rog strix 1050Ti lying around if your interested. you can come and pick it up in the Netherlands for only 125 euro's

• 42konyo42konyo Posts: 775Registered Users

42konyo said:

Qwerty55 said:

Okay my specs are

CPU:

Ram:
    8gb

Graphics:
    GTX 750 ti

Motherboard:
    ASRock B85 Killer

Operating System:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

yo cônô you really think those are enabled…
    Those get enabled if you up the settings which is what the OP is trying to do.
  • brago90brago90 Posts: 256Registered Users
    Total war has always been fatally optimized.
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thanks for the helpful advice everyone. Yeah the issue is VRam, for some reason Warhammer Total war is 99% horny for VRam and ignores all other specs of the computer. Feels like VRam is literally the only damn thing that matters for running the game.

Still going to play this wonderful game though.

Warhammer Fantasy lives on!
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Posts: 886Registered Users
    GPU seems too weak and 8 GB RAM is not much. Probably the game will use virtual RAM which will slow it down massively even if you have a SSD... and if you don't, it'll absolutely kill performance.

Nobody needs 60 fps in a game like TWW, it's not a shooter. 30 fps is plenty.

I play on ultra settings in 2560x1440 and it runs very well. I have some older i5 CPU and a GTX 1060, and 16 GB RAM. My rig is about 3 years old and the components were already kinda outdated even when I bought them - always much more cost-effective to go back one or two generations. So I can't really complain that TWW is demanding in terms of hardware.