Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dark Elves prediction by process of elimination, Rakarth Vs Moulder.

Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
Ok, i made a previous post about Dark Elves Location problem.
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/253081/the-dark-elves-lls-location-problem/p1

Majority of the answer were very complete and some offer some starting locations in Southland for Rakarht but unlike RikRiorik Said "Lets just agree that none need to go on the continent of Naggaroth. This dreary hellscape." which i agree so hard.

So the next problem i see whit Emo Elfs, is what can they offer?? let see the lords that we have and use process of elimination again. that how i became pretty sure that Dark Elves Vs Skaven wil be the Festag.

Dark Elves Vs Skaven
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/251079/i-am-pretty-sure-next-dlc-its-going-to-be-skaven-vs-dark-elves#latest

Why i think it's Clan Eshin.
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/252897/predictions-clan-eshin-and-clan-moulder-is-for-wh3/p1

I thought it was going to be Clan Eshin, but if it Rakarth it makes tons of sense that the next one is Clan Moulder.

Malekith-Upkeep -50% for Black Guard of Naggarond, Dreadspears, Bleakswords, Darkshards (lord's army).
Morathi-Discount on heroes and Diplomatic relation whit other Dark Elves.
Hellebron--50% upkeep for Witch Elves, Sisters of Slaughter and Har Ganeth Executioners (Lord's army only).
Lokhir--50% upkeep for Black Ark Corsairs and Black Ark Corsairs (Handbows) (lord's army). also there a rite that makes Kharibdyss better

So now we have the following units that wont be part of the next Emo Elf lord Black Guard of Naggarond, Dreadspears, Bleakswords, Darkshards,Witch Elves, Sisters of Slaughter and Har Ganeth Executioners, Black Ark Corsairs and Black Ark Corsairs.

Units that a coming lord can specialize in.
Shades(an its variants)
All cavalry Cold Ones, Dark Riders.
Monsters Manticores, Black Dragons,War hydras, Harpies, Kharibdyss, .

Missing units-Please tell me, if i miss some.
Medusae (and the shrine)
Hight Beastmaster
Black Ark Fleetmaster
Scourgerunner Chariots

Now if we look at the two list we can assume there room both from Malus and Rakarth..... however i do think that Rakarth is the most likely of the two and can start somewhere else other than Naggaroth.

Rakarth the Most likely candidate.
Rakarth would specialize in beasts. as such would get bonus to to Feral Manticores,Black dragons, War Hydras. his new units can include

Hight Beastmaster as a lord choice
New Units in the form of: Bloodwrack medusae, Bloodwrack Medusae Shrine an Scourgerunner Chariots.

Also the most important point many assume is Moulder i however think is Eshin but now that i think about is if its Rakarth it makes 100% sense it would be Moulder. Beastlord Vs Beast Creator (i know the tittle sucks you guys come up whit better tittles) also due to his Beastlord way he has more chance of being settles somewhere else other than Naggaroth. whih is a welcome start for Dark Elves Players we are tired of Naggaroth Dark Elf civil war followed by the Invasion of Ulthuan.

I have no clue about Malus but he does love his cold one mount so i am guessing he could specialize in Cavalry and Cold Ones. however Rakarth seems to have the upper hand for a DLC. since 4 of the missing units fit whit his lore and character.

BTW

Lorkhir i think should specialize in Kharibdyss also maybe in the future he will get Black Ark Fleetmaster lord choice? and Morathi should specialize in Shades since nobody has them.

Dark Elves Vs Skaven

It will be one of the two, now that we narrow it down. it can go either way.

Rakarth Vs Moulder.

or

Malus Vs Eshin.

I made my case and said, what do you guys think???? also am i missing something? an can someone clarify Malus on tabletop? what was his specialty?

Comments

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 2,165Registered Users
    As far as I remember Morathi has special skill for Shades.
  • brago90brago90 Posts: 247Registered Users
    Shadowblade could improve the shadows in case they decided to ignore the rules of assasins.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    brago90 said:

Shadowblade could improve the shadows in case they decided to ignore the rules of assasins.

I was thinking the same. but other than that he a hero not a lord. i would like yo see him thought don't care much about the LL left.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    edited October 19

As far as I remember Morathi has special skill for Shades.

Really? mannn why dint they add some Shade bonus to her on WH2? if it on tabletop? or WH2? i never played Morathi never caught my attention due to positioning and i just dont like the magic she wields.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,666Registered Users
    brago90 said:

Shadowblade if he comes at all is pure LH material, just like Snikch. Also, Shadowblade is in the Vortex cutscenes, so don't expect him.

• UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 146Registered Users
    Curious as to if there is a reason for Malus to fight Eshin. They don't seem very compatible for a LP.
    Also side note was Rakarth mentioned in the 6th, 7th & 8th Edition Dark Elf Army Books? Not trying to start the Great War again, just interested in more sources for him.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,666Registered Users

Curious as to if there is a reason for Malus to fight Eshin. They don't seem very compatible for a LP.
    Also side note was Rakarth mentioned in the 6th, 7th & 8th Edition Dark Elf Army Books? Not trying to start the Great War again, just interested in more sources for him.

Malus can be pitted against anyone, his whole backstory doesn't feature prominent rivals or enemies other than the demon possessing him. Eshin is a clan with mysterious and opaque motives and can also fight against anyone for whatever reason because of this.

That's however exactly why wouldn't want either to be the DLC, they're better off as FLC.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,258Registered Users
    Two destruction races during Christmas season? Why would CA hinder their sales by releasing two less played races during such a hot market time? In December you tell stories about good vs. evil.

I expect the High Elves in the next LP. I'll be surprised if there won't be order representation.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Something I always wonder with you, what makes you confident they would not choose Best-Elf Eltharion if he wasn't pitted against Best-Gobbo Grom?

• LabriaLabria Posts: 507Registered Users
    edited October 19
    If Malus is FLC. Why not just Mengil Manhide for Lord pack? He is from Clar Karond like Rakarth. He can start almost everywhere. He has own unit(Manflayers) and he doesn't look like Malakith's clone. :p
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Mengil_Manhide's_Manflayers
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 902Registered Users
    edited October 20
    CA has stated that there will be a fan favorite coming with this DLC. They have also stated that the FLC lord will not be the fan favorite or a Skaven.

From this info, we can safely assume the fan favorite will be part of the DLC, not the FLC. Now, of the fan favorites left for Game 2 races, there’s Malus Darkblade, Eltharion the Grim,
    and Thanquol.

Eltharion I believe is going to come with the Greenskins LP next year because his matchup with Grom is iconic and makes the most sense.

Thanquol I believe they’re saving for Game 3 for an End Times expansion. CA has also stated that Thanquol will not come for a very long time.

So that pretty much narrows it down to Malus Darkblade. But who would he face against? I could see either Throt the Unclean, Prince Imrik of Caledor, or Deathmaster Snikitch.

Since the HE vs DE lord pack has already been done. I highly doubt that CA will go with that theme again. So let’s cross off Imrik.

Of the two Skaven lords, Throt would make the most sense to me since most of the Clan Moulder units are missing from the game. Clan Eshin already has all of its units in the game so Deathmaster Snikitch would make a poor DLC choice but perhaps a good FLC choice down the road. Either way, the odds favor Throt the Unclean as the other DLC lord.

Based on this logic, I think the next LP will be Malus Darkblade vs Throt the Unclean.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,377Registered Users
    If we look at the DE units coming then Rakarth fits those far better than any other candidate. It's that simple.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.

Something I always wonder with you, what makes you confident they would not choose Best-Elf Eltharion if he wasn't pitted against Best-Gobbo Grom?

It's because he is not the best elf. And we already have Lothern and Nagarythe. What's the point of more archers and spearmen focused factions.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited October 20
    Malus will be the Dark elf Legendary lord in the dlc.
    Its that simple. Complain as you will, but it is he that fits the bill.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 788Registered Users
    Bonutz619 said:

CA has stated that there will be a fan favorite coming with this DLC. They have also stated that the FLC lord will not be the fan favorite or a Skaven.

From this info, we can safely assume the fan favorite will be part of the DLC, not the FLC. Now, of the fan favorites left for Game 2 races, there’s Malus Darkblade, Eltharion the Grim,
    and Thanquol.

Eltharion I believe is going to come with the Greenskins LP next year because his matchup with Grom is iconic and makes the most sense.

Thanquol I believe they’re saving for Game 3 for an End Times expansion. CA has also stated that Thanquol will not come for a very long time.

So that pretty much narrows it down to Malus Darkblade. But who would he face against? I could see either Throt the Unclean, Prince Imrik of Caledor, or Deathmaster Snikitch.

Since the HE vs DE lord pack has already been done. I highly doubt that CA will go with that theme again. So let’s cross off Imrik.

Of the two Skaven lords, Throt would make the most sense to me since most of the Clan Moulder units are missing from the game. Clan Eshin already has all of its units in the game so Deathmaster Snikitch would make a poor DLC choice but perhaps a good FLC choice down the road. Either way, the odds favor Throt the Unclean as the other DLC lord.

Based on this logic, I think the next LP will be Malus Darkblade vs Throt the Unclean.

If they are going to make Clan Moulder and Throt part of the lord pack you better believe they are going to pair him Rakarth, not Malus
    Soon
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited October 20

It's because he is not the best elf. And we already have Lothern and Nagarythe. What's the point of more archers and spearmen focused factions.
    Yeah, whats the point of Imrik anyways :lol: (joking)
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
    edited October 20
    edited October 20
    @Bonutz619
    I'd agree with that if they didn't just choose Nakai, a character with less lore, no artwork and never had table top rules over Gor Rok who had those things.

Oh, and his literal species can't communicate properly so it also creates lore contraditions by him being a general, which contradicts the little lore he had.

@Bonutz619
    I'd agree with that if they didn't just choose Nakai, a character with less lore, no artwork and never had table top rules over Gor Rok who had those things.

Oh, and his literal species can't communicate properly so it also creates lore contraditions by him being a general, which contradicts the little lore he had.

Nakai was chosen because he was the more interesting character and he fit the DLC better. It's the same reasons they'd choose Rakarth over any other DE.

The only competition is really Generic whose only real rival is himself. He does have a claim by being an 8e lord and he is somehow popular. Still he matches up poorly as a DLC LL.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    Bonutz619 said:

. Now, of the fan favorites left for Game 2 races, there’s Malus Darkblade, Eltharion the Grim, and Thanquol.

That's the first time I see Eltharion named as fan favourite. With Grom I would agree judging by the number of fans he has but Yvressian Princeling? He has no more followers than Imrik. Maybe even less.

Yeah, whats the point of Imrik anyways :lol: (joking)

edited October 20

@Bonutz619

My post got screwed up somehow but as far as the DLC is concerned, Malus is what sells. The guy has tons of lore, tons of books about him, and is well known and well liked in the Warhammer universe. This alone is why he’ll be the DLC candidate.

In the case with Nakai/Gor Rok, the Lizardmen already had their most famous characters in the game prior. This is not the same case. Malus is really the only hugely famous character left for the Dark Elves so it’s pretty much guaranteed that he’s going to be in as the DLC. There’s virtually no chance that Rakarth takes the spot of Malus especially since CA said the FLC will not be the fan favorite aka Malus.
    Bonutz619 said:

@Bonutz619

My post got screwed up somehow but as far as the DLC is concerned, Malus is what sells. The guy has tons of lore, tons of books about him, and is well known and well liked in the Warhammer universe. This alone is why he’ll be the DLC candidate.

In the case with Nakai/Gor Rok, the Lizardmen already had their most famous characters in the game prior. This is not the same case. Malus is really the only hugely famous character left for the Dark Elves so it’s pretty much guaranteed that he’s going to be in as the DLC. There’s virtually no chance that Rakarth takes the spot of Malus especially since CA said the FLC will not be the fan favorite aka Malus.
    When was the last time CA picked a LL candidate because they where popular?

We haven't seen that be a reason in their picks ever.

You imply they would have to do that "if" they chose OBJECTIVELY BEST-ELF!!!! Eltharion. Why?
    Bonutz619 said:

It just reminds of when Gor Rok was "Guaranteed" to be FLC with Tehenhauin, or the Troglodon was "Guaranteed" to be coming with a second Lizardmen pack. CA likes to be unpredictable. Malus may be more famous, but so is Thanquol and who did we get first? Tretch of Clan Rictus.

You imply they would have to do that "if" they chose OBJECTIVELY BEST-ELF!!!! Eltharion. Why?
    Bonutz619 said:

It just reminds of when Gor Rok was "Guaranteed" to be FLC with Tehenhauin, or the Troglodon was "Guaranteed" to be coming with a second Lizardmen pack. CA likes to be unpredictable. Malus may be more famous, but so is Thanquol and who did we get first? Tretch of Clan Rictus.
    Because that's what Yvresse is about, that's how its main forces look like. More spearmen and archers.

Bonutz619 said:

@Bonutz619

Not ever? Now you’re just being disingenuous. You should probably rethink that statement.

Bonutz619 said:

Malus is guaranteed to be in the game at some point. He’s too big of a character. I would willingly eat crow if I turned out to be wrong but I don’t think I am. I’m pretty confident we’ll see him come Festag. Rakarth is a possibility too. I’m not saying he isn’t, I just think he’ll be a FLC at best. Either way, time will tell.
    Bonutz619 said:

Bonutz619 said:

@Bonutz619

Not ever? Now you’re just being disingenuous. You should probably rethink that statement.
    Name a time when they explicitly picked a DLC LL because of popularity.
    @Bonutz619
    He definitely will be, but I don't think being dead certain is a smart move with CA. Also this extreme Dark Elf LL debate is pretty funny, especially when you think that whoever is chosen there will be a meltdown, like when TTT or Tretch were revealed as the FLC lords for their respective factions.

@Vanilla_Gorilla
    I would say Nakai. I really doubt he would've been chosen over an 8th Edition character if his vocal support didn't exist.
    Would of been Ghorst 2 Electric Boogaloo.

@Vanilla_Gorilla
    I would say Nakai. I really doubt he would've been chosen over an 8th Edition character if his vocal support didn't exist.
    Would of been Ghorst 2 Electric Boogaloo.

I do remember the polling for that being neck and neck. Still I don't remember CA ever saying something along the lines of "We picked X LL because they're popular". They usually cite theme or rivalry. Nakai's standing absolutely may have been boosted by his popularity, but I'm not aware of CA ever saying they chose him because of it.

Looking at CA's picks it seems like a coincidence when the most popular is chosen. It's definitely an odd thing to not mention if that is the case. I'm happy to be wrong here, I've just never seen them say popularity is a determining factor. The only case is potentially now which would be fortunate because that's Generic's only real path to the LP.