Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

MUST WATCH ! Gotrek is complete and utter garbage and unusable

2»

Comments

• ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,543Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

Meh.

To be honest I didn't care at first -> Read one of the books -> Got into them -> Am okay with whatever.

I do agree that they could use some tweaking, and I feel like they should both have been heroes, but it isn't the end of the world.

No news on the Festag DLC? That IS the end of the world.

Please, CA... please...

Were you expecting to hear any so soon? I'd not expect it until late November!
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,523Registered Users

CA seems to have learned little from the criticism about the green knight.

Somehow they implemented Gotrek worse than that. Makes no sense.

Good video by legend.

Yes, and that's also why the blue knight is more useful than the green knight.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,016Registered Users
    I hope someone s able to mod them somehow, make both LHs and give them both skill tress to increase there strength further

• ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Posts: 87Registered Users
    But Gotrek is about gobbla sized so idk I still think it's better than lord and hero. They're meant to be a package deal.
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Posts: 87Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

Riskafish said:

They could make Gotrex a Dwarf Hero and Felix a Empire Hero. The it would be a reward for people who are playing co-op campaigns.

It's "Gotrek AND Felix" not Gotrek, Felix. It's a package deal.
    I suggested elsewhere that Gotrek and Felix should have been put in as a single unit (a la Skarsnik and Gobbla) as a legendary hero. You would get double bang for your buck and it would be easy to justify adding them to one of your armies.

PS Gobbla's 'ungry!
    It would also look clunky. Did you notice how odd it looks when Skarsnik and Gobbla turn around? I'd prefer G&F stays as separate units personally.
    Just give Felix the gobbla deepthroat animation. Easy :D
  • Gerra3295Gerra3295 Posts: 39Registered Users
    I like how the link is removed but I know the video and he doesn't say anything. Anything offensive/swear/bad/inappropriate. Except just how bad gotrek and felicia are. But then again who cares. They are free and only people who are cosplay(ing) will use them. As it should be. I see no reasons to complain. CA added something for free and we complain about it, seems super ... To me.
  • 42konyo42konyo Posts: 774Registered Users
    Gerra3295 said:

I like how the link is removed but I know the video and he doesn't say anything. Anything offensive/swear/bad/inappropriate. Except just how bad gotrek and felicia are. But then again who cares. They are free and only people who are cosplay(ing) will use them. As it should be. I see no reasons to complain. CA added something for free and we complain about it, seems super ... To me.

Criticizing content is perfectly fine and encouraged as long as it isn't abusive, how else did you think we got those Bretonnia reworks?
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,212Registered Users
    Gerra3295 said:

Incorrect. Legend drops the f and s bombs several times. The world is a silly place to consider some sounds to be offensive, but that is the norm.
  • Gerra3295Gerra3295 Posts: 39Registered Users
    Still disagree with the removal of the link. F bomb?and S bomb. Wow. Walk outside. Go out to a market and hear how people talk. I agree that players can critisize but look at OP title. There is another post from bretonia pov and there it is structured normally.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,398Registered Users

Gerra3295 said:

Incorrect. Legend drops the f and s bombs several times. The world is a silly place to consider some sounds to be offensive, but that is the norm.
    It is indeed a weird world. I can watch someone knock someone unconscious but if they swear after it? Got to censor that.

Anyway I'd like Gotrek and co to be better. They should be better.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,674Registered Users
    edited October 21
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5577227/Why-mind-language-People-swear-seen-dishonest-intelligent.html

As a general rule i dont like censorship.

Legends swearing etc certainly has given him problems. I guess he doesnt get that. Not my problem though.

When it comes to my perception of those swearing it is that they show weakness and insecurity. What they say isnt strong enough so they need to use swear words to add strength to their words (which makes their statements look weaker imo)
    Post edited by Tennisgolfboll on
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,652Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited October 22
    Let's discuss the thread topic folks. The forum has an international forum base spread over a great many countries with various laws. The Forum & Conditions attempt to address this while still allowing a varied discussion of viewpoints on any topic. Profanity is not allowed, in any form, for these reasons.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,066Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    An off-topic conversation removed. The topic here is Gotrek's viability in TW Warhammer 2, please stick to discussing that.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • endurendur Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    I like Gotrek & Felix. My #1 recommended improvement would be to give the player visibility for their character screens, so I can see what traits, followers, and items they have. I would also like them to be able to get their magic items in campaign.