Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Old Character Intro videos

Subr1185Subr1185 Posts: 18Registered Users
CA, don't you think it's time to update the old character presentation videos? I mean the small videos that play when you pick a starting legendary lord at the start of the game. The new ones are so cool and full of action: Nakai, for example, starts by walking menacingly towards the camera, then he roars at the temple in the distance, and the camera takes different angles, and the sound of the roar changes accordingly. Or Luthor Harkin, who pulls out a pistol and shoots the camera :D Contrast that with Karl Franz, Mannfred, Grimgor, or any other lord from game one - they just stand there motionless, while the camera zooms on to various parts of their equipment. It was OK for a while, but now it really falls short. Please look into that, thanks.

Comments

• ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,578Registered Users
    I don't disagree, but the effort spent on updating them could be spent on other stuff.

Maybe that'll be one of the QOL improvements we're getting, your guess is as good as mine for that.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • kevManiackevManiac Posts: 423Registered Users
    I agree. It was OK when WH1 came out, but CA itself also noted that it couls be better. I believe Vlad already has the newer character intro.

But as much as I'd like an updated intro, there are many things I'd like, which I prefer to this, like an expanded ME map or something. But yes, I'd love to see the character intros of Karl, Mannfred, Azhag etc changed.
  • GunKingGunKing Posts: 578Registered Users
    For consistency's sake I want them. I also want Wulfrik and Throgg's intro vids to not have that bizarre Playstation 1 level pixellation/fuzziness in their vids.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 3,174Registered Users
    There's plenty of footage from trailers and announcement videos that it shouldn't be too much of a pain to update some of them. It's funny, I too only just noticed this trend a couple days ago and thought to myself that it seemed odd. But it's definitely not the most pressing issue at the moment.

For example they could use footage from any of these videos:

Thorgrim poring over the Book of Grudges (1:55, 3:06)

Mannfred's "Are you not entertained?!" (1:21)

Grimgor doing his signature Waaagh!! (2:30)

Karl Franz dramatic walk (2:08)

Kholek's Roar (1:06)

Archaon's dramatic turn (0:42) or looking into the distance (1:15)

Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,539Registered Users
    edited October 20
    Yeah, the original 8 + WoC 3 should be changed. Pretty much everyone after release of game 1 has a relatively good intro video.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • ChristianT82ChristianT82 Posts: 53Registered Users
    I love Vlads intro and he is game one. Hate that they deleted the von Carsten intro and put in the regular Vampire Counts intro instead :/

I love Vlads intro and he is game one. Hate that they deleted the von Carsten intro and put in the regular Vampire Counts intro instead :/

What Von Carstein intro is that? Are we talking about the same thing; the portrait cinematics in the campaign selection screen?
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• kitekazekitekaze Posts: 254Registered Users
    Ol_Nessie said:

There's plenty of footage from trailers and announcement videos that it shouldn't be too much of a pain to update some of them. It's funny, I too only just noticed this trend a couple days ago and thought to myself that it seemed odd. But it's definitely not the most pressing issue at the moment.

Sigvald has none, as usual lol.
    kitekaze said:

Ol_Nessie said:

Lol, very true. Sigvald, like the other secondary LLs of the original 5 races (Gelt, Ungrim, Kemmler, Azhag), just didn't appear in any trailers or campaign intro cinematics. It's just a lucky coincidence that Kholek had a cameo in the WoC trailer. I suggested using these videos since it could be a cost-mitigating method for doing an update along these lines; CA already has the footage they need for these 6 LLs, so it would be significantly less work to cook something up for the remaining 5. At the end of the day though, this isn't going to affect my enjoyment of the game at all.

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    edited October 21
    kitekaze said:

Ol_Nessie said:

Maybe when Slaanesh is available in game three he will get a rework, and new intro smiling surrounded by deamonettes

• JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Posts: 883Registered Users
    Seems wasted effort for something I see for about 0.0001% of my playing time...

The only one I have seen for like hours is Tyrion because it's the default, and also maybe the most annoying one :/
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Posts: 402Registered Users
    I gotta say, while im perfectly aware that its very far from being a pressing issue, i've always been very annoyed for some reason, by the disparity between the styles and quality of the vanilla LL's intros, and all the remaining (far superior) ones, from the BM DLC onwards.
    I just hate seeing all these badass intros that portray way more character and interest, and then Grimgor's gigantic pixelated face that looks like its from 2 total wars ago.

Hopefully one day CA finds a quick way to update these very old intro videos that 100% zoom into pixelated equipment and faces before giving you a good overview of the lord and its surroundings.