Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Could CA break our expectations on the Upcoming DLC?

Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior MemberPosts: 2,279Registered Users
Everyone is in generall agreement that the next DLC will be Skaven vs Dark Elves.

As for the Skaven LL, the vast majority agree that its going to Throt the Unclean.

And for the Dark Elves LL, some are expecting Malus (i will be disappointed, he needs to come in Part 3 to reach his full potential) or Rakarth (the most likely option.)

But what if CA Troll us?

It wouldn't be the first time.

What if CA decides F this, lets create a dual Assassin Lord Pack. Shadowblade vs Deathmaster Sniktch. Besides the units they would specialize are already in-game. So its just a matter of buffing their stats and maybe added a few Elite variants and Lord Versions.

Personally i would be disappointed if this is the case. But i cannot deny it happening either.

Comments

  • kitekazekitekaze Posts: 254Registered Users
    Or, they can decide to F new world factions and then do Dwarf vs Undead on Vortex.

    Didn't they only deny cross-factions lord pack right?
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,045Registered Users

    Everyone is in generall agreement that the next DLC will be Skaven vs Dark Elves.

    As for the Skaven LL, the vast majority agree that its going to Throt the Unclean.

    And for the Dark Elves LL, some are expecting Malus (i will be disappointed, he needs to come in Part 3 to reach his full potential) or Rakarth (the most likely option.)

    But what if CA Troll us?

    It wouldn't be the first time.

    What if CA decides F this, lets create a dual Assassin Lord Pack. Shadowblade vs Deathmaster Sniktch. Besides the units they would specialize are already in-game. So its just a matter of buffing their stats and maybe added a few Elite variants and Lord Versions.

    Personally i would be disappointed if this is the case. But i cannot deny it happening either.

    No, everyone is most certainly not. That's just what you want to believe, and some vocal ratbois want to believe.

    Other people think it's high and dark elves.

    Some think it's Amazons because they're fully delusional.

    Honestly, the most common thread between everything is an expectation for Dark Elves to get something.

    No "versus" has any great consensus.
  • PandajacketPandajacket Posts: 60Registered Users
    My expectations were broken when I found out there were no dwarves
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,623Registered Users

    My expectations were broken when I found out there were no dwarves



    It'd be great if we got a little tidbit of news... preferably something along the lines of, "The 3K dlc is coming out right at the beginning of December, which means that the WH2 DLC has to be coming in early to mid November! Also we changed our minds and its Dwarfs vs Skaven with massive reworks!"
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 793Registered Users
    They already broke my expectations with no crossover lord pack... dark elves are so boring to me so not much hype for this one except for the skaven part

    The only way for CA to break my expectations again will be for the Skaven LL to not be Throt which I highly doubt
    Soon
  • AzurianAzurian Posts: 700Registered Users

    Everyone is in generall agreement that the next DLC will be Skaven vs Dark Elves.

    As for the Skaven LL, the vast majority agree that its going to Throt the Unclean.

    And for the Dark Elves LL, some are expecting Malus (i will be disappointed, he needs to come in Part 3 to reach his full potential) or Rakarth (the most likely option.)

    But what if CA Troll us?

    It wouldn't be the first time.

    What if CA decides F this, lets create a dual Assassin Lord Pack. Shadowblade vs Deathmaster Sniktch. Besides the units they would specialize are already in-game. So its just a matter of buffing their stats and maybe added a few Elite variants and Lord Versions.

    Personally i would be disappointed if this is the case. But i cannot deny it happening either.

    You're right, developers rarely go the obvious way.

    Interestingly, are you just 100% sure that they are dark elves against the skavens? In August, everyone was sure that if crossover happened, it would be goblins and high elves, well, in the most extreme case, the Skaven against the Empire. I can’t talk about anything with confidence.

    Tankuol most likely will not.



    In fact, both an assassin and a shadow blade are much less likely, it would be the same as supposing that there would be Korhil or Imrik instead of Eltharion. Not with him, but instead of him. Malus is one of the few things that I'm sure a little more than 60%

  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
    edited October 21
    I really hope is Throt. the other Skaven, the assasin one, seems kinda boring. Units look boring too. Moulder has a great map start in ME and brings the big monsters.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited October 21
    Nope. Malus vs thanquol.
    Fan favs before the lame names rakarth the borelord and the rat who needs to bathe. :)
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

    They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

    Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • AzurianAzurian Posts: 700Registered Users

    Nope. Malus vs thanquol.
    Fan favs before the lame names rakarth the borelord and the rat who needs to bathe. :)

    Tankuol will not be with a probability of 90%

  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    Azurian said:

    Nope. Malus vs thanquol.
    Fan favs before the lame names rakarth the borelord and the rat who needs to bathe. :)

    Tankuol will not be with a probability of 90%
    That was like more than 6 months ago! :lol:
    I even came up with the question and asked someone on here if they'd post it for me and it got responded to.
    Yeah. So I'm the reason we even got that answer :lol:

    I want thanquol!!!!!
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

    They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

    Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • AzurianAzurian Posts: 700Registered Users

    Azurian said:

    Nope. Malus vs thanquol.
    Fan favs before the lame names rakarth the borelord and the rat who needs to bathe. :)

    Tankuol will not be with a probability of 90%
    That was like more than 6 months ago! :lol:
    I even came up with the question and asked someone on here if they'd post it for me and it got responded to.
    Yeah. So I'm the reason we even got that answer :lol:

    I want thanquol!!!!!
    I don’t think that in 5 months the plans have changed radically and they decided to urgently give the fans of Tankuol. And I do not think that such phrases cover only the period until the next DLC.

  • BardicInquisitionBardicInquisition Posts: 854Registered Users
    Oh they certainly already have judging from what most expect, and MOAR.
  • Kapika96Kapika96 Posts: 109Registered Users
    It's certainly possible. I fully expect to be disappointed though. So if they can exceed my expectations... that would be great!
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,682Registered Users
    I have been disappointed since no more races was announced.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,500Registered Users
    They could. So it’s best not to attach oneself to a specific end result. The road to hell on this forum is paved with rigid expectations after all.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,386Registered Users
    kitekaze said:

    Or, they can decide to F new world factions and then do Dwarf vs Undead on Vortex.

    Didn't they only deny cross-factions lord pack right?



    Putting two Old World races in a DLC featuring for game#2 would still be a cross-game DLC.

    Just accept that the next DLC will feature two (2) New World races, which will be picked from the four core races there [since there are no plans for DLC for DLC]. And we still can cross Lizards off that rather short list, since the chances of them getting the third DLC in a row after they are already the top dogs, is pretty much zero.

    Highelves VS Darkelves
    Highelves VS Skaven
    Darkelves VS Skaven

    Accompanying FLC LL will not be Skaven.
    One of the three LLs showing up might be a "fan favourite". Which one, and if fan favourite for CA means the same as for fans, is up to debate.

    ------Red Dox
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,623Registered Users
    Or the ideal: Skaven vs Skaven!

    YEEEESSSSS!
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 507Registered Users
    edited October 21
    People expect one option and then they are disappointed. We have many options for next Lord pack even if Skaven vs Dark Elves are sure thing.

    Dark Elves characters:
    Malus Darkblade
    Shadowblade
    Kouran Blackhand
    Tullaris Dreadbringer

    Also, we have two interesting characters from 5th Edition:
    Beastlord Rakarth
    Mengil Manhide

    Skaven characters:
    Thanquol
    Throt the Unclean
    Deathmaster Snikch
    Skweel Gnawtooth
    Screech Verminking

    I see many options for Lord pack. If CA want for example Shadowblade vs Deathmaster Snikch in next Lord Pack. They can make weak clones of them for new generic lord option(or just add High Beastmaster lord with them), one new assassins unit for them and add others missing units.

    Sure, Rakarth vs Throt the Unclean can be next Lord pack. But Clan Moulder/Hell Pit can be own race for pre-order bonus. They have enough material. They are on same level like Norsca or Vampire Coast.
    Skaven can live withnout moulder units. Next Skaven Lord pack can have just missing non-moulder stuff.

    We still missing four characters from 8th edition for Dark Elves. Why everyone is expecting Rakarth? We did not get Anethra Helbane because of missing Supreme Sorceress lord but Hellebron. :D

    Sure, we missing High Beastmaster lord but it does not mean we get Rakarth.
    Post edited by Labria on
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,361Registered Users
    Labria said:

    People expect one option and then they are disappointed. We have many options for next Lord pack even if Skaven vs Dark Elves are sure thing.

    Dark Elves characters:
    Malus Darkblade
    Shadowblade
    Kouran Blackhand
    Tullaris Dreadbringer

    Also, we have two interesting characters from 5th Edition:
    Beastlord Rakarth
    Mengil Manhide

    Skaven characters:
    Thanquol
    Throt the Unclean
    Deathmaster Snikch
    Skweel Gnawtooth
    Screech Verminking

    I see many options for Lord pack. If CA want for example Shadowblade vs Deathmaster Snikch in next Lord Pack. They can make weak clones of them for new generic lord option(or just add High Beastmaster lord with them), one new assassins unit for them and add others missing units.

    Sure, Rakarth vs Throt the Unclean can be next Lord pack. But Clan Moulder/Hell Pit can be own race for pre-order bonus. They have enough material. They are on same level like Norsca or Vampire Coast.
    Skaven can live withnout moulder units. Next Skaven Lord pack can have just missing non-moulder stuff.

    We still missing four characters from 8th edition for Dark Elves. Why everyone is expecting Rakarth? We did not get Anethra Helbane because of missing Supreme Sorceress lord but Hellebron. :D

    Sure, we missing High Beastmaster lord but it does not mean we get Rakarth.

    Add Ghoritch to the list, hes an LL on TT.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 507Registered Users
    Amonkhet said:

    Labria said:

    People expect one option and then they are disappointed. We have many options for next Lord pack even if Skaven vs Dark Elves are sure thing.

    Dark Elves characters:
    Malus Darkblade
    Shadowblade
    Kouran Blackhand
    Tullaris Dreadbringer

    Also, we have two interesting characters from 5th Edition:
    Beastlord Rakarth
    Mengil Manhide

    Skaven characters:
    Thanquol
    Throt the Unclean
    Deathmaster Snikch
    Skweel Gnawtooth
    Screech Verminking

    I see many options for Lord pack. If CA want for example Shadowblade vs Deathmaster Snikch in next Lord Pack. They can make weak clones of them for new generic lord option(or just add High Beastmaster lord with them), one new assassins unit for them and add others missing units.

    Sure, Rakarth vs Throt the Unclean can be next Lord pack. But Clan Moulder/Hell Pit can be own race for pre-order bonus. They have enough material. They are on same level like Norsca or Vampire Coast.
    Skaven can live withnout moulder units. Next Skaven Lord pack can have just missing non-moulder stuff.

    We still missing four characters from 8th edition for Dark Elves. Why everyone is expecting Rakarth? We did not get Anethra Helbane because of missing Supreme Sorceress lord but Hellebron. :D

    Sure, we missing High Beastmaster lord but it does not mean we get Rakarth.

    Add Ghoritch to the list, hes an LL on TT.
    Sure, Ghoritch can be Legendary Lord for Clan Moulder if CA will make them own race.
    If I know Clan Moulder have only three main characters: Throt the Unclean, Skweel Gnawtooth and Ghoritch. Do we have any other LL option for Clan Moulder?

    Ghoritch will be very strange choice for Lord Pack. If Clan Moulder will be in next Lord pack, Throt the Unclean is best choice for them. Throt and Ghoritch are like Saruman and Lurtz in Lord of the Rings. Ghoritch can be just legendary hero or special mechanic for Throt in Lord pack.
Sign In or Register to comment.