Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is Trot a favorite of the public?

2»

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,726Registered Users

Nope, that rat who needs to bathe is not a fav.
    Neither is rakarth the borelord.
    Thanquol and Malus though?
    Yep definite favorites.
    I'm telling yah Malus vs Thanquol.

Thanquol still lives in AoS, Malus is dead.

The G&F novels (which feature Thanquol) are still printed and written, Malus' novels are out of print since 2006.

Sorry, I see only ONE actual fan favorite.

• ItanusItanus Posts: 61Registered Users

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

For me the only thing that is nice about a future inclusion of Throt is his starting position. Which for me is probably the most interesting Skaven one currently in game. Not to diss Skavenblight which is close to a lot of different enemies of course but I’m not Ikit’s biggest fan either.

Apart from starting position the whole Moulder flesh crafting never appealed to me. They are absolutely my least favourite Great Clan. So getting a representative for them is a bit meh.

But at least CA are good at getting me to enjoy stuff I wasn’t keen on and Throt could be the same.

The thing for me is that ever since Skaven were known to be in game I have been hoping for Thanquol. No Thanquol at release coupled with a long time of having no mechanics that quite fit (only fixed since Prophet and the Warlock) and an equally long time of the most glaring unit omissions (jezzails and ratling guns) has taken it’s toll though. Skaven, initially thought to become a firm favourite of mine, haven’t quite worked out and now having played them a fair bit the only hope to revitalize my interest in them is to get a Legendary Lord I can really get into. And at this point only one can do. And that isn’t Throt.

It is actually a bit sad. I think more than any other race in game I’ve really wanted to enjoy the Skaven but it’s been a real struggle.

They need a fresh coat of paint definitely, I want Thanquol more than Throt, but dont diss Throt yet, for all we know he could be the best and most fun Skaven lord CA releases, it all depends on the implementation.

Thanquol not on release was so weird tho, hopefully CA makes him justice for making us wait for so long
    Yeah Throt could be loads of fun. It’s far from impossible. But I am generally speaking at a point where it is hard to see any character bar a well implemented Thanquol salvaging my Skaven experience.

I really think the Under Empire thing is a good mechanic and the loyalty is okay (although it was broken for the longest while) but Skaven on release didn’t feel at all like I thought they would. The Skaven are in an alrite place now. But when you got most of your playing in before they had the Under Empire, loyalty dilemmas didn’t pop and Jezzails and Ratling Guns were missing you should be forgiven if your love for the Skaven isn’t quite where it could have been. If I had never played Skaven and only just now did I think I would be much more appreciative of them.
    Right now they are the worst WH2 race in terms of mechanics I would say, cant believe we got the under empire so late on release, either way I agree with you, CA did skaven dirty, but its not too late to redeem skaven
    I am sorry,but where do you get the idea about the mechanics?

HE:
    - influence: gained by either cheesy way with nobles spam or random events you have no control over and you use it to mostly gain better traits.There is a possibility of making some factions like or hate each other,but it costs way too much most of the time and is kind of useless anyway(apart from confederation that you don't have trouble to do anyway).
    - martial prowess: on units that are already good is a bonus,on others like white lions makes them just a horrible unit when you lose it.Not to mention that it is only a bonus for melee combat,where is the bonus for shooting or magical capabilities?
    - rite that gives you items: not even comparable to what dwarfs or tomb kings have,rest of the rites are basic bonuses.
    - gates: better garrison?
    - trading visibility: kinda useless,but it is still a mechanic

Undercity alone is more that that,even food and loyalty is probably more.

LM:
    - geomantic web: do we even count that?
    - rite of awakening: unbalanced powerful army
    - blessed spawnings: that is actually a really cool one,but they should be more different than normal units,like in sfo for example.

In terms of roster they are the most developed faction,but in terms of mechanics they suck.

DE:
    - black arks: underdeveloped,especially with all the pirates that will kill it early on
    - slaves: you just get more money with it and get access to rites,hellebron expands on this front more,but i am not counting dlc right now.
    - murderous prowess: fairly interesting,one of my favourite from this faction
    - loyalty

Come on dude,how any of those three have more or better mechanics than skaven?Sure before undercities and fixes to food/loyalty,but right now by far they are the most developed faction out of 4 core factions of wh2.
    Itanus said:

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

For me the only thing that is nice about a future inclusion of Throt is his starting position. Which for me is probably the most interesting Skaven one currently in game. Not to diss Skavenblight which is close to a lot of different enemies of course but I’m not Ikit’s biggest fan either.

Apart from starting position the whole Moulder flesh crafting never appealed to me. They are absolutely my least favourite Great Clan. So getting a representative for them is a bit meh.

But at least CA are good at getting me to enjoy stuff I wasn’t keen on and Throt could be the same.

The thing for me is that ever since Skaven were known to be in game I have been hoping for Thanquol. No Thanquol at release coupled with a long time of having no mechanics that quite fit (only fixed since Prophet and the Warlock) and an equally long time of the most glaring unit omissions (jezzails and ratling guns) has taken it’s toll though. Skaven, initially thought to become a firm favourite of mine, haven’t quite worked out and now having played them a fair bit the only hope to revitalize my interest in them is to get a Legendary Lord I can really get into. And at this point only one can do. And that isn’t Throt.

It is actually a bit sad. I think more than any other race in game I’ve really wanted to enjoy the Skaven but it’s been a real struggle.

They need a fresh coat of paint definitely, I want Thanquol more than Throt, but dont diss Throt yet, for all we know he could be the best and most fun Skaven lord CA releases, it all depends on the implementation.

Thanquol not on release was so weird tho, hopefully CA makes him justice for making us wait for so long
    Yeah Throt could be loads of fun. It’s far from impossible. But I am generally speaking at a point where it is hard to see any character bar a well implemented Thanquol salvaging my Skaven experience.

I really think the Under Empire thing is a good mechanic and the loyalty is okay (although it was broken for the longest while) but Skaven on release didn’t feel at all like I thought they would. The Skaven are in an alrite place now. But when you got most of your playing in before they had the Under Empire, loyalty dilemmas didn’t pop and Jezzails and Ratling Guns were missing you should be forgiven if your love for the Skaven isn’t quite where it could have been. If I had never played Skaven and only just now did I think I would be much more appreciative of them.
    Right now they are the worst WH2 race in terms of mechanics I would say, cant believe we got the under empire so late on release, either way I agree with you, CA did skaven dirty, but its not too late to redeem skaven
    I am sorry,but where do you get the idea about the mechanics?

HE:
    - influence: gained by either cheesy way with nobles spam or random events you have no control over and you use it to mostly gain better traits.There is a possibility of making some factions like or hate each other,but it costs way too much most of the time and is kind of useless anyway(apart from confederation that you don't have trouble to do anyway).
    - martial prowess: on units that are already good is a bonus,on others like white lions makes them just a horrible unit when you lose it.Not to mention that it is only a bonus for melee combat,where is the bonus for shooting or magical capabilities?
    - rite that gives you items: not even comparable to what dwarfs or tomb kings have,rest of the rites are basic bonuses.
    - gates: better garrison?
    - trading visibility: kinda useless,but it is still a mechanic

Undercity alone is more that that,even food and loyalty is probably more.

LM:
    - geomantic web: do we even count that?
    - rite of awakening: unbalanced powerful army
    - blessed spawnings: that is actually a really cool one,but they should be more different than normal units,like in sfo for example.

In terms of roster they are the most developed faction,but in terms of mechanics they suck.

DE:
    - black arks: underdeveloped,especially with all the pirates that will kill it early on
    - slaves: you just get more money with it and get access to rites,hellebron expands on this front more,but i am not counting dlc right now.
    - murderous prowess: fairly interesting,one of my favourite from this faction
    - loyalty

Come on dude,how any of those three have more or better mechanics than skaven?Sure before undercities and fixes to food/loyalty,but right now by far they are the most developed faction out of 4 core factions of wh2.
    HE and DE have broken economies. Skaven don't. HE and DE can spread wherever they liike, whenever they like, Skaven have a softcap on expansion. HE and DE can spam armies as much as they want, Skaven have a softcap on that too. HE and DE replenish lighnting fast, Skaven replenish slowly.

Sorry, but Skaven were botched from beginning to end.

• ItanusItanus Posts: 61Registered Users
    That is a balance problem and not mechanics,besides undercities can generate you a lot of money without even conquest.
    Itanus said:

That is a balance problem and not mechanics,besides undercities can generate you a lot of money without even conquest.

You are completey wrong. Yes, it's a mechanics problem. The mechanics are botched and force one to play them like Elves, while the actual Elves can be played like Skaven. Also, undercities have been nerfed hard, so you're wrong again.

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 805Registered Users
    Azurian said:

Azurian said:

Thanquol though?
    Yep definite favorite.

I do not exclude that the plans could change, from the moment I mentioned to you, however, this somewhat reduces the chances of Tankuol.
    I sincerely doubt it.
    Mentioned what to whom?
    I answered you in several other topics about the fact that 5 months ago, the developers did not plan Tankuol.
    Isn't that comment like almost a year old?
    Soon
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 805Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

still, Thanquol not at release was so weird
    Soon
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users

Azurian said:

Azurian said:

Thanquol though?
    Yep definite favorite.

I do not exclude that the plans could change, from the moment I mentioned to you, however, this somewhat reduces the chances of Tankuol.
    I sincerely doubt it.
    Mentioned what to whom?
    I answered you in several other topics about the fact that 5 months ago, the developers did not plan Tankuol.
    It is
  • AzurianAzurian Posts: 714Registered Users

Azurian said:

Azurian said:

Thanquol though?
    Yep definite favorite.

I sincerely doubt it.
    Mentioned what to whom?
    April.
    And the developers did not say anything to him. I really don’t think that after the September DLC, they thought and decided “You know, the time has come”, they think on a different scale, it counts for us every day, and in their understanding “Not in the near future” = “Not in the second part for sure "

• AzurianAzurian Posts: 714Registered Users

Azurian said:

Azurian said:

Thanquol though?
    Yep definite favorite.

I sincerely doubt it.
    Mentioned what to whom?
    It is
    Upon leaving the Prophet and Warlock, the developers said Tankuol is possible, but do not expect it any time soon. It was only six months ago. Tankuol fans are waiting for him so much that they have already come up with a whole theory according to which the “near future” is the next after the announcement of the DLC. And immediately after it, the statement will be considered null and void.

I assure you that there will not be any Tankuol in this Lordpack.