Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rakarth Unlikely - Explained

2»

Comments

• WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,917Registered Users
    By this logic Gor-Rok should have been the paid content and Nakai the FLC because the former had TT rules and the latter didn't. But that's not what happened, CA went with the biggest lizard for the theme of Hunter vs Beast. Gor-Rok was FLC even though he's an 8th edition character and Nakai was half of the DLC draw, even though he had absolutely no TT precense in any edition.

Ergo there's nothing stopping them from going a Rakarth vs Throt DLC with Malus Darkblade as FLC.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • AzurianAzurian Posts: 702Registered Users

The consensus is that Malus is totally going to be the next DLC lord. The question is why would they choose Rakhart over Thanquol as FLC??

Thematically Rakhart Vs Throt fits the monster vs monster but well.

We still don’t know who they really chose.

• UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 166Registered Users
    edited October 21
    Lizardmen 8th Edition Army Book. Page 40

• Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 906Registered Users
    Personally I think Malus is 100% going to be the DLC lord. He’s a popular character with a lot of lore behind him. Someone that can easily be considered a fan favorite. CA also has a predisposition towards 8th Edition lords for sure.

However, CA has thrown us curveballs in the past. There’s a very small chance it could be Rakarth as the DLC lord. I highly doubt it but it’s possible.
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
    I don’t know why FLC Rakhart over Thanquol to be honest. Model-wise Thanquol is more interesting than Rakhart.
  • JycceJycce Posts: 120Registered Users
    edited October 21

I don’t know why FLC Rakhart over Thanquol to be honest. Model-wise Thanquol is more interesting than Rakhart.

CA said no Skaven FLC this time. That's why. I think Thanquol will be implemented like Gotrek in TWW3.
  • JycceJycce Posts: 120Registered Users
    Mallus and Rakarth are both the best contenders as the next LLs for the DE. The former because of his popularity, the latter because of his gameplay/thematic relevance.
    The only thing to figure out is to know which one will be the DLC Lord and which one will be the FLC IMO. Mallus doesn't really have a thematic to fit in but giving him as a FLC could be weird so wait and see.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,429Registered Users
    Bonutz619 said:

Personally I think Malus is 100% going to be the DLC lord. He’s a popular character with a lot of lore behind him. Someone that can easily be considered a fan favorite. CA also has a predisposition towards 8th Edition lords for sure.

However, CA has thrown us curveballs in the past. There’s a very small chance it could be Rakarth as the DLC lord. I highly doubt it but it’s possible.

The 8th edition thing is all he really has going for him. CA tend to pick based on theme and Rakarth fits a theme far better.

Generic's rivalry is with himself. While he'd be a good add and is certainly one of two good candidates he is hard to do in an LP against anything except the HE.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,109Registered Users

Bonutz619 said:

The 8th edition thing is all he really has going for him. CA tend to pick based on theme and Rakarth fits a theme far better.

Generic's rivalry is with himself. While he'd be a good add and is certainly one of two good candidates he is hard to do in an LP against anything except the HE.
    Malus rival is chaos
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,429Registered Users
    Seldkam said:

Bonutz619 said:

Malus rival is chaos
    Nope.

His rival is the Demon inside himself. While that Demon is technically a Chaos entity it's still strictly himself. Everything else is secondary to his rivalry with himself.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,500Registered Users
    I have long since stopped applying my own sense of logic to the releases and implementations of this game. CA are too good at breaking the mould or following their own logic for me to put any faith or stock in my own or anyone else’s predictive powers. To me speculation in it’s predictive form and trying to apply any prescriptive elements is an exercise in futility.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 906Registered Users

Seldkam said:

Bonutz619 said:

Malus rival is chaos
    Nope.

His rival is the Demon inside himself. While that Demon is technically a Chaos entity it's still strictly himself. Everything else is secondary to his rivalry with himself.
    Ahh yes. CA’s true motivations all along. Malus Darkblade vs Malus Darkblade. Each Malus Darkblade gets the same units except they’re a different shade of color depending on which Malus you use 😂.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 794Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

I have long since stopped applying my own sense of logic to the releases and implementations of this game. CA are too good at breaking the mould or following their own logic for me to put any faith or stock in my own or anyone else’s predictive powers. To me speculation in it’s predictive form and trying to apply any prescriptive elements is an exercise in futility.

CA are so unpredictable that brings someone to think that they are doing it deliberately, really, when has someone predicted what CA does?
    Soon
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,704Registered Users
    Seldkam said:

Bonutz619 said:

Malus rival is chaos
    LoL, no, it's either the one daemon he foolishly got possessed by or...everyone else because POWER OF HATE!

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,361Registered Users
    Malus is better as FLC, he has nothing in common with Clan Moulder nor the Dark Elf units left.
  • RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 350Registered Users
    @Yitterbum

The Vampire Coast doesn't have a 8th edition at all let alone 8th edition lords. That is why they use alternate sources because there is no 8th edition options xD.

They have made quite a few 8th edition heroes like Isabella into lords before and it is numerically clear that this method is
    the first alternate if there is a lack of lords.

Nakai perhaps is the one guy who I didn't explain in the original post but that makes him the exception, not the standard :D.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 960Registered Users

Look at the units remaining. They fit Rakarth far better than any 8e counterpart.

The 8e choices are generic who is in a feud with himself and two underlings. Rakarth may not come but he's definitely possible.

All empire characters are underlings of Karl Franz. All dark elves are underlings of Malekith. TTT is a direct underling of Mazdamundi. Being an underling has never prevented a LL from being in the game, or from leading their own factions.

Riskafish said:

@Vildvarg
    52 named lords and heroes from 8th edition in the game so far.
    2 lords Alberic and Herman have only be added because there is no 8th edition alternatives.
    CA specifically said at launch they were basing it off 8th edition

How is it "shaky grounds" to dismiss him based on the official statements and actions of CA, the company who are making the lords xD.

Mr Blobby and the Sugar Puff Monster have almost the same chance of making the cut as Rakarth xD.

Is Rakarth in 8th edition?
    Nope. Not only does he not have rules, he isn't even mentioned in a single lore text within the whole book. He's less 8th edition than Nakai.
  • ShaddShadd Junior Member Posts: 372Registered Users
    The logic is simple.

Assuming CA want to sell a new DE lord type, like they have for the past lord packs, creating new Lords based off one of the new LL's....

To split a new Beastlord/Beastmaster skeleton/animation/assets between DLC and FLC makes no sense.

We get Rakarth as FLC, but Malus is DLC w/ new Beastmaster lord types? Then no need to buy DLC, just borrow the assests from the FLC and mod in a Beastlord/master.

If no Beastlord/Beastmaster, what new lord type is packaged with Malus? Melee focused male Dreadlord? Not particularly exciting to draw in the buyers.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,704Registered Users

<
    Nope. Not only does he not have rules, he isn't even mentioned in a single lore text within the whole book. He's less 8th edition than Nakai.

He's mentioned in this game however which is 1000000% more important.

• MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    U are really contradicting yourself it is funny while leaving out a lot of important stuff.

U are saying there are other Lords that are not 8th edition and left out some like Cylostra Direfin ( made from scratch )
    ( so it happened plenty of times for good reasons )

Then u state the possible options next to Malus that is guaranteed and call that all hero's and that leaves who? Exactly: Rakarth.

- Rakarth already has a model
    - CA already stated when doing FLC they would do less known characters or easy to implement ( Its FREE after all )

I have not seen u talk about '' Themed '' or '' Starting positions '' or what bring what to the game in SP and MP ?

I hear people joking around Rakarth borelord taming a horse, good point if u look at it close minded.

While if u look at it professionally, u would see Rakarth as being a Lord who can have a Themed option vs Throt ( BeastLord vs Creator of Beasts ) While Malus can start in Norsca / Chaos territory (lore based)

- Rakarth can also have themed units that are not in the roster right now.
    - Rakarth can have the fastest ground mount in the game.
    - Rakarth brings Beastmasters as hero option in the game
    - Rakarth brings generic BeastLords in the game
    - Rakarth can be a very unique Lord for SP and MP with things like:
    - Rakarth has plenty of good starting positions and could be horde as well.
    - SP: Beasts Hunts, Fighting mini bosses and taming them as a RoR unit.
    - MP: Summon beasts, Remove rampage or give enemy beast rampage, Mind control enemy beast, Buff beasts the list goes on.