Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Clan Moulder or Clan Eshin for next DLC?

rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
edited October 21 in General Discussion
Who would fit vs Malus?

Eshin starts in an already Skaven crowded place. Moulder I dunno in vortex but in ME is Hellpit. One is a fat rat the other one is another sketchy assasin rat.

I feel Eshins units are not interesting whilst Moulder’s are giant monsters. (nude giant rats included)

Comments

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 794Registered Users
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 465Registered Users
    I thought Eshin got moved to to the Southlands in the Vortex campaign?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,429Registered Users
    Neither.

Generic's rival is himself.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 906Registered Users
    Far and away, I would pick Moulder over Eshin. Eshin’s units are complete and in the game already outside of Deathmaster Snikitch.
  • TempestWolfTempestWolf Senior Member Posts: 800Registered Users
    edited October 21
    If skaven... moulder... there is literally nothing they can add to eshin... their roster is already overfilled with original units... maybe snickh as a FLC sometime... but I suspect that honor is reserved for thanquol... if they don't add him Gotrek and Felix style
    We kill-slay all surface-things yes yes? Wait... no no... beard-things are not not surface-things... kill beard-things too... and surface things... yes yes.

I add this image of Ikit Claw to beak up the monotony that threads can fall into (except the screenshot one). I take no credit for it and the author seems to be watermarked on it.
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    Absolutely Moulder Clan, yes-yes.

Most (if not all) of the missing units are Moulder's creations.
    The only thing i'm worried is Verminlord~ big boi rat is darn important to be left out...however, the Exalted Verminlord (FW ed.) is perfect for a Moulder Themed DLC. But nothing stops CA to simply add the common Vermilord-versions.

In a way or another Malus can go against everything and everyone, lorewise~ ;)

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,212Registered Users
    Moulder cos they're actually missing units. Eshin would be cool, but I can't see anything thematic being eligible to fill out a DLC. So... Is this a trick question or something?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,097Registered Users

Absolutely Moulder Clan, yes-yes.

Most (if not all) of the missing units are Moulder's creations.
    The only thing i'm worried is Verminlord~ big boi rat is darn important to be left out...however, the Exalted Verminlord (FW ed.) is perfect for a Moulder Themed DLC. But nothing stops CA to simply add the common Vermilord-versions.

In a way or another Malus can go against everything and everyone, lorewise~ ;)

Well since Skaven aren't getting a FLC LL, I wonder whether they are being left open for game 3 for an X-LP, maybe they will get Thanquol with Verminlord and a few other missing bits and bobs (like Mortar), who knows, maybe Thanquol might be a FLC and Screech Verminking will be the DLC LL?
  • mdardismdardis Posts: 49Registered Users
    Neither. The only lore you can draw on in a WH2 Vortex context is his invasion of Ulthuan. He has absolutely no lore involving Skaven.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,709Registered Users

Who would fit vs Malus?

Eshin starts in an already Skaven crowded place. Moulder I dunno in vortex but in ME is Hellpit. One is a fat rat the other one is another sketchy assasin rat.

I feel Eshins units are not interesting whilst Moulder’s are giant monsters. (nude giant rats included)

Everyone fits since Malus is just evil and hates everyone.

• BorealBoreal Posts: 181Registered Users
    mdardis said:

Neither. The only lore you can draw on in a WH2 Vortex context is his invasion of Ulthuan. He has absolutely no lore involving Skaven.

You mean like the rivialy between Tehenhauin and Ikit, who have never even come into contact with each other in lore, skyre has nothing to do with lustria.

Or Wulfhart who hunts in the forests if the empire.
  • mdardismdardis Posts: 49Registered Users
    Boreal said:

You mean like the rivialy between Tehenhauin and Ikit, who have never even come into contact with each other in lore, skyre has nothing to do with lustria.

Or Wulfhart who hunts in the forests if the empire.

Tehenhuain at the very least had crossed swords with Skaven. Agree Markus vs Nakai was completely baseless, they just made something up to squeeze an Empire lore into a Vortex setting (which all DLC lords have to fit). But which Empire lord had a lore rivalry that fit?

So to match Tehenhuain you’d give Malus a HE opponent, but not necessarily a lord he faced. That would be exactly the same thing. In terms of Markus, there’s a difference between having to make something up and ignoring a rivalry that is genuinely available.

DE vs Skaven is only being touted because of Grom vs Eltharion. Because CA are ultra keen on lore friendly releases. But just not at Xmas, when they apparently dispense with lore considerations completely......

• MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    Neither would really fit facing Malus, that is why I hope Malus will not be the DLC and will be a Norsca or Chaos Cross over DLC
  • QuecoQueco Posts: 208Registered Users
    While Moulder is a better choice overall, CA said that the next dlc will not include skaven...
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
    Queco said:

While Moulder is a better choice overall, CA said that the next dlc will not include skaven...

NEXT FLC wont be Skaven. DLC still can
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,555Registered Users
    If it's Skaven (not confirmed btw), then Moulder would lend itself to more stuff than Clan Eshin.

Eshin's most famous member seems more of a mechanic than anything else, like the Hand of the Shadow Crown. Hire him to bump someone off with a 100% success rating using a rite or something.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."