Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If we don't get Rakarth, then besides Malus, who would the second DE LL even be?

KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,300Registered Users
Are there even any good prospects? Seems to me, the rest are all hero types. Tullaris, Kouran and Shadowblade.

Is it possible that the DE might even get the short end of the LL stick? And Malus is the 5th and final DE LL? If that is the case, and assuming its Malus vs Whatever Skaven, who would the FLC LL be? I suppose its possible it *could* be a High Elf.

Comments

• UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 159Registered Users
    Imrik would be an excellent choice, so all 3 other base factions get a lord.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    edited October 21

ohhhh the salt, all that wonderful salt :lol:
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game

What am I salty about Comrade? I'm just saying the other two options are heros and not very good lords. Aislinn could be very compelling, but with Lokhir's lacklustre implementation I don't see the point.
    edited October 21

What am I salty about Comrade? I'm just saying the other two options are heros and not very good lords. Aislinn could be very compelling, but with Lokhir's lacklustre implementation I don't see the point.
    Oh, my bads, I was meaning the peoples would be salty when it got announced that Imrik would be it. :lol:
    I didn't mean that you would or were being salty.

You know.... I'm sure there will be 1 person in particular who will be very happy. Maedrethnir I imagine :)

Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Let the Games Begin!
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 459Registered Users
    I was actually thinking about making a post similar to this.

Rakarth is fine mechanics wise but he seems a little boring as an LL. He is gonna be another melee Lord and if we do actually get Malus, then will have 4 melee lords. Like is there no range or another mage Dark Elve? That also make 3 Dark Elve lords that have Dragon mounts.

So yea I am curious if there are any other options.

Oh, my bads, I was meaning the peoples would be salty when it got announced that Imrik would be it. :lol:

You know.... I'm sure there will be 1 person in particular who will be very happy. Maedrethnir I imagine :)
    It's all good friend, I was just confused because my propsal sounds like something everyone can agree on. It's one of those things that just fits perfectly in line with CA's practises. Take a fairly generic character and make 'em FLC.
    Also his items are in-game already much like Lokhir who was also FLC, so no need to apologise meine gut brüder.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,599Registered Users

Rakarth is fine mechanics wise but he seems a little boring as an LL.

By that logic why make any more Dark or HIgh Elf content at all? Why not stick with Dwarves, Skaven, and fill out the Lizardman roster?

The Lizardmen are bound to still be boring because Saurus are so good, and everything that isn't a Saurus or a Dinosaur (or a Slaan, nowadays) may as well not exist at all, but at least it'll be cool to have more Dinosaurs.

#JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
    edited October 21
    Sephlock said:

By that logic why make any more Dark or HIgh Elf content at all?

You have to remember though that Rakarth the borelord is the guy who's greatest achievement in his entire two paragraph life was that he tamed a horse.

Its no surprise people think that Rakarth the borelord would make a boring LL.
    And visually he's basically another dude with a mask.

Let the Games Begin!

Sephlock said:

You have to remember though that Rakarth the borelord is the guy who's greatest achievement in his entire two paragraph life was that he tamed a horse.

I mean, Ghorst got in...
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,392Registered Users
    Besides Beastie Boy and Generic there's no other good candidates.

Shadow would expressly not want to be a general and the other two are underlings.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,146Registered Users
    Honestly they might make Rakarth a hybrid ranged Lord like the generic male dreadlords. There, not just another melee Lord.

Anyways, if I were to guess, the 4 core races will get 6 LL by the end of game 2 so none of the core feels left out.
  • Blackstar1Blackstar1 Posts: 79Registered Users
    Well if we go by the Army Book then besides Malus there are only 3 special characters left. Kouran Darkhand, Tullaris Dreadbringer and Shadowblade. Kouran is interesting enough character wise but his claim to fame is as Malekith's lackey, so it'd be weird to put him in a different faction. If he were added he'd be better as a legendary hero character for Naggarond. Tullaris is basically the same story only as Hellebron's lackey rather than Malekith's. Shadowblade of course is an assassin who has no business leading an army (iirc there was even a rule on the tabletop that meant he couldn't do so) and of course he's already in the game as a story character. It's possible CA could dig up more obscure characters but none of the ones I see people bring up seem all that interesting. Anethra Helbane for example (a character whose presence in the lore can be summed up as a single blurb in the 7th edition army book) would basically just be discount Morathi. There was also an old hag queen special character named Malida from an old tabletop campaign called tears of Isha IIRC, but she'd basically just be discount Hellebron. I've seen people also bring up Malekith's old champion Urian Poisonblade, but he's 200 years dead by the time of TWW and these aren't vampires who can just be hand waved back to life. And before someone brings up Azhag, yes he was indeed alive at the time TWW is supposed to begin. So bacially Malus and Rakarth are the only sensible choices.
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 459Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

By that logic why make any more Dark or HIgh Elf content at all? Why not stick with Dwarves, Skaven, and fill out the Lizardman roster?

The Lizardmen are bound to still be boring because Saurus are so good, and everything that isn't a Saurus or a Dinosaur (or a Slaan, nowadays) may as well not exist at all, but at least it'll be cool to have more Dinosaurs.

Okay.....interesting reaction. It's not like I am saying Rakarth should not be in game. I am just curious if he really the best/only option.
    Also your whole Lizardman reply does not seem really relevant since I am only talking about LL here and not units.

Anyway. Looking at the HE LL for example, we have 2 mages, 1 melee lord and 1 range lord currently. If we were to get Imrik and Eltharion that would be another 2 melee lords but one rides a dragon and the other a Griffon. So they still stand out from Tyrion in a certain way. That to me seems diverse enough.

Now going back to the DE. We have 1 mage, 1 Hybrid with a Dragon and 2 melee with one also being on a dragon. So now if we get Malus and Rakarth that is another 2 melee lords and 3 lord on a dragon.
    See what I am getting at? While I would not be upset at all if we do get Malus and Rakarth (I already have my fav DE LL's), Rakarth just doesn't not stand out as much as the other lords when it comes to him personally. Does not help that CA gave Lokhir a dragon mount. Not to mention that if Rakarth is the FLC lord, he would not get a big faction mechanic which would mean he would have to stand even more as a lord.

So as I said, I am just curious if Rakarth is really only/best option or if perhaps there might be 1 or 2 other DE to consider.

Also your whole Lizardman reply does not seem really relevant since I am only talking about LL here and not units.

Whatever you add to the Lizardmen- LLs, units, etc... probably won't change the issues the Lizardmen have.

So as I said, I am just curious if Rakarth is really only/best option or if perhaps there might be 1 or 2 other DE to consider.

Rakarth or Malus, most likely. And Since Malus is almost certainly the "fan favorite"...

Well, we'll have to see.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,728Registered Users
    Mengil Manhide

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• mkaluzamkaluza Posts: 114Registered Users
    edited October 21
    I always thought it would be nice to let Malus fight against a Norscan or Chaos Undived LL.
    But i don't think it will happen.

DE vs. HE would be to boring.

As second LL i would like to see an Assassin DE LL.
    THWH3 needs Monogods Factions and the Chaos Realms. Without it it's not Warhammer.
  • DrakoonisDrakoonis Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    Though I have no problem with Rakath and Malus (I expect him for TW:3), how about creating a new unique lord like Cylostra Direfin?
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,993Registered Users
    Bies said:

Mengil Manhide

this

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,078Registered Users
    Rikis said:

Honestly they might make Rakarth a hybrid ranged Lord like the generic male dreadlords. There, not just another melee Lord.

Anyways, if I were to guess, the 4 core races will get 6 LL by the end of game 2 so none of the core feels left out.

I don't think they will, I think Skaven will probably be at 5 LLs at the end of the game, but will be getting a X-LP with Verminlords in in game 3.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,361Registered Users

Sephlock said:

You say that like Malus did anything.
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 678Registered Users
    Amonkhet said:

Sephlock said:

#FORGHORGON
  • Theo91Theo91 Posts: 974Registered Users

Patience. HE will bet their chance vs GS

Amonkhet said:

Sephlock said:

No, edgy emo **** doesn't count.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,220Registered Users
    Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Sephlock said:

It does count. Pretending that Malus is not important would just be a lie. That dude is one of the more important Dark Elf character. He has to come to Total War - and at the very least, he has to taking precedence over all the flock of nobodies that's left in the DE roster.
    Fossoway said:

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Sephlock said:

It does count. Pretending that Malus is not important would just be a lie. That dude is one of the more important Dark Elf character. He has to come to Total War - and at the very least, he has to taking precedence over all the flock of nobodies that's left in the DE roster.
    He'd be better suited at a mercenary hero like Gotrek/Felix and not a lord.
    Theo91 said:

Patience. HE will bet their chance vs GS

Oh I agree, just think tossing another faction a bone instead of one getting two LLs at once would be more fair.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,220Registered Users
    Amonkhet said:

Fossoway said:

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Sephlock said:

He'd be better suited at a mercenary hero like Gotrek/Felix and not a lord.
    Hell no. Malus is a leader. He's the one that led the invasion of Ulthuan during the End Times, and he's the lord of Hag Graef and one of the general of the Witch King's armies. He's well deserving of the title of Legendary Lord.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,264Registered Users

I doubt it. He is DLC material.

Considering that Imrik is one of the most popular, if not the most popular missing HE character then... yes, I hope there will be much salt, for his is a rich addition to the game.

He must be DLC character for me to be truly happy!

It's all good friend, I was just confused because my propsal sounds like something everyone can agree on. It's one of those things that just fits perfectly in line with CA's practises. Take a fairly generic character and make 'em FLC.
    Also his items are in-game already much like Lokhir who was also FLC, so no need to apologise meine gut brüder.
    If Imrik is generic then Eltharion is a king among the generic kind. Volkmar, whose items were in the game prior to his release, is a DLC character.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:
    Eltharion - Caster/Combat hybrid lord, Unique mount (Griffin), fights with unique weapon (Lance & sword), launched very first High elf assault on Naggarand when elves did nothing, saved all of Ulthuan from Greenskin invasion who without him would of been destroyed, respects his people and isn't an arrogant idiot, goes to genocide Greenskins, learns it was a mistake, repairs waystones to heal Ulthuan, is 8th edition Lord.

Imrik - Has Dragon, has lance no sword, is arrogant like all other elves, sat in caledor and did nothing except get mad, wakes dragons that in WII player can spam 20 star dragon stacks, has no magic, not 8th Edition Lord (or 7th lol), came back in end times, launches crusades without thinking/learning of repercussions, gets mad at Bretonnian King for "stealing" kills.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,819Registered Users
    edited October 21