Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If we don't get Rakarth, then besides Malus, who would the second DE LL even be?

Comments

• FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,225Registered Users

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:
    Eltharion - Caster/Combat hybrid lord, Unique mount (Griffin), fights with unique weapon (Lance & sword), launched very first High elf assault on Naggarand when elves did nothing, saved all of Ulthuan from Greenskin invasion who without him would of been destroyed, respects his people and isn't an arrogant idiot, goes to genocide Greenskins, learns it was a mistake, repairs waystones to heal Ulthuan, is 8th edition Lord.

Imrik - Has Dragon, has lance no sword, is arrogant like all other elves, sat in caledor and did nothing except get mad, wakes dragons that in WII player can spam 20 star dragon stacks, has no magic, not 8th Edition Lord (or 7th lol), came back in end times, launches crusades without thinking/learning of repercussions, gets mad at Bretonnian King for "stealing" kills.

Someone needs to make a "Chad Eltharion vs Virgin Imrik" meme.
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Posts: 239Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:
    Eltharion - Caster/Combat hybrid lord, Unique mount (Griffin), fights with unique weapon (Lance & sword), launched very first High elf assault on Naggarand when elves did nothing, saved all of Ulthuan from Greenskin invasion who without him would of been destroyed, respects his people and isn't an arrogant idiot, goes to genocide Greenskins, learns it was a mistake, repairs waystones to heal Ulthuan, is 8th edition Lord.

Imrik - Has Dragon, has lance no sword, is arrogant like all other elves, sat in caledor and did nothing except get mad, wakes dragons that in WII player can spam 20 star dragon stacks, has no magic, not 8th Edition Lord (or 7th lol), came back in end times, launches crusades without thinking/learning of repercussions, gets mad at Bretonnian King for "stealing" kills.

if you wanna meme Maedrethnir into oblivion at least tryto be original....
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Posts: 1,132Registered Users

Besides Beastie Boy and Generic there's no other good candidates.

Shadow would expressly not want to be a general and the other two are underlings.

Underlings? Kouran is the only one, apart from Malus, who is known for being an excellent general. He kept united Naggaroth until the return of the Witch King from the Chaos Realm. Tullaris, on the other hand, is the Chosen of Khaine, the most important deity for the Dark Elves. They have a lot of personality, and they would bring diversity as foot LLs for the DE. They are more important, more different, and cooler. Do you want a cool armor? Don't worry, Kouran and Tullaris have a cool armor.

What can be said about Rakarth? That he is a beastmaster? Surprise, beastmasters will come one way or another, they aren't Rakarth exclusive (as hero options, hopefully). He once tamed a Black Dragon? Something very few can do. Oh, wait, it seems any Dreadlord or Supreme Sorceress in the lore and in the game can do that without any problem.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,280Registered Users

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

His only grace is that he is somewhat a hybrid lord. His mount might be unique but Stormwing is no Minaithnir. Lore wise Imrik too carries a sword. He at best saved Yvresse. Grom only managed to invade Ulthuan because Eltharion and his army were far away. The Pounch lost the very moment he met something more than a bunch of militia. He was no threat. And then there is Eltharion's faction. More of the same.

Excuse me but I won't dignify that with a proper response. I suggest not to base your information on a poorly written wiki. But please, elaborate, what do you mean by 'launches crusades without thinking/learning of repercussions'?

Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

You can make it. But eh.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    edited October 21

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    edited October 21
    I'd pick Tullaris over both he seems more of an interesting character to me and could have his own unique mechanic around sacrificing others in Khaines name. but I look forward to whoever we get, most of my fav DE have already made it in game

Bies said:

Imrik would be an excellent choice, so all 3 other base factions get a lord.

I doubt it. He is DLC material.

ohhhh the salt, all that wonderful salt :lol:
    What am I salty about Comrade? I'm just saying the other two options are heros and not very good lords. Aislinn could be very compelling, but with Lokhir's lacklustre implementation I don't see the point.
    Oh, my bads, I was meaning the peoples would be salty when it got announced that Imrik would be it. :lol:
    I didn't mean that you would or were being salty.

You know.... I'm sure there will be 1 person in particular who will be very happy. Maedrethnir I imagine :)
    Considering that Imrik is one of the most popular, if not the most popular missing HE character then... yes, I hope there will be much salt, for his is a rich addition to the game.

He must be DLC character for me to be truly happy!

ohhhh the salt, all that wonderful salt :lol:
    What am I salty about Comrade? I'm just saying the other two options are heros and not very good lords. Aislinn could be very compelling, but with Lokhir's lacklustre implementation I don't see the point.
    Oh, my bads, I was meaning the peoples would be salty when it got announced that Imrik would be it. :lol:
    I didn't mean that you would or were being salty.

You know.... I'm sure there will be 1 person in particular who will be very happy. Maedrethnir I imagine :)
    It's all good friend, I was just confused because my propsal sounds like something everyone can agree on. It's one of those things that just fits perfectly in line with CA's practises. Take a fairly generic character and make 'em FLC.
    Also his items are in-game already much like Lokhir who was also FLC, so no need to apologise meine gut brüder.
    If Imrik is generic then Eltharion is a king among the generic kind. Volkmar, whose items were in the game prior to his release, is a DLC character.
    Its your lucky day/ milkandcookies will stream imriks campaing today / check it
    For a moment I thought that I have missed the most important announcement in me digital life! I doubt I will find time today. I'll watch its recording though.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 961Registered Users
    Both Kouran and Tullaris are known for leading armies. It is true that Kouran is a servant of Malekith, a loyal servant even. Still, this does not prevent him from being a LL in his own faction, as many underlings already have their own factions. TTT is a great example, but there are many. Also, Kouran managed to hold all of Naggaroth together for a hundred years in Malekith's absence, so he is clearly capable of ruling on his own.

As for Tullaris, he isn't really an underling of Hellebron. He listens to Khaine's words directly, and tolerates Hellebron as she too serves Khaine well. He also works under her as her position is formally the highest within the cult of Khaine, but Tullaris would betray her in a second if his god told him to. His lore has him leading armies on his own as far away as the empire and Khemri, so putting him as his own faction leader would be fine.

Both of these share the same problem Rakarth does though, which is that they are melee fighters first and foremost. With Malekith, Hellebron and Lokhir already in, and Malus extremely likely, either of these three options might seem redundant. As such, people have been speculating on other options. The main ones I've seen are Anethra Helbane as another pure caster, or Mengil Manhide as a ranged skirmish lord. I find the latter is likely if CA really wants more diversity in how the lords fight.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 166Registered Users
    Bies said:
    That’s amazing, what a Legend. Hope he’s doing it intentionally just to annoy the boards lol.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 166Registered Users

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

His only grace is that he is somewhat a hybrid lord. His mount might be unique but Stormwing is no Minaithnir. Lore wise Imrik too carries a sword. He at best saved Yvresse. Grom only managed to invade Ulthuan because Eltharion and his army were far away. The Pounch lost the very moment he met something more than a bunch of militia. He was no threat. And then there is Eltharion's faction. More of the same.

Excuse me but I won't dignify that with a proper response. I suggest not to base your information on a poorly written wiki. But please, elaborate, what do you mean by 'launches crusades without thinking/learning of repercussions'?

Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

You can make it. But eh.

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

You can make it. But eh.

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

You can make it. But eh.

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

You can make it. But eh.
    I didn’t use the wiki, never use it. I used the Army Books 6th, 7th and 8th Greenskins and High Elves. I’ll find you the glorious quotes later when I have more time.
    What I mean is Imrik uses violence to solve all problems without any consequences.
    Eltharion did twice and was punished twice. Assault on Naggarond, almost dies and can’t defend Ulthuan which results in his dad being killed. Launches genocide against Greenskins, which just ends up riling them up and becoming more of a threat.
    Also “somewhat” of a hybrid confuses me. Spellcaster + combat lord = Hybrid.
    Unless you mean the medallion rule from TT
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,709Registered Users
    Timpeyo said:

I'd pick Tullaris over both he seems more of an interesting character to me and could have his own unique mechanic around sacrificing others in Khaines name. but I look forward to whoever we get, most of my fav DE have already made it in game

So a repeat of the Cult of Sotek mechanic?

Rakarth is the only character that brings opportunities for unique mechanics with him.

• AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,015Registered Users
    If it has to be another DE Anethra Helbane could be interesting. Though she is kinda minor in lore.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,020Registered Users

Timpeyo said:

So a repeat of the Cult of Sotek mechanic?

Rakarth is the only character that brings opportunities for unique mechanics with him.
    No I mean any kind of mechanic but which is centred around his worship of Khaine. What unique mechanic for Rakarth? I know the missing units fit him best but what is his mechanic, just interested and haven't been on threads for a while

Abmong said:

If it has to be another DE Anethra Helbane could be interesting. Though she is kinda minor in lore.

One of the most popular options on this forum is Rakarth, who is even smaller in lore.
    edited October 21

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

You can make it. But eh.

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

You can make it. But eh.

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

You can make it. But eh.

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

Fossoway said:

@Maedrethnir Lol no
    Eltharion vs Imrik:

You can make it. But eh.
    I didn’t use the wiki, never use it. I used the Army Books 6th, 7th and 8th Greenskins and High Elves. I’ll find you the glorious quotes later when I have more time.
    What I mean is Imrik uses violence to solve all problems without any consequences.
    Eltharion did twice and was punished twice. Assault on Naggarond, almost dies and can’t defend Ulthuan which results in his dad being killed. Launches genocide against Greenskins, which just ends up riling them up and becoming more of a threat.
    Also “somewhat” of a hybrid confuses me. Spellcaster + combat lord = Hybrid.
    Unless you mean the medallion rule from TT
    Apologies then. Still, I have my doubts.
    Sorry, I still don't understand what do you mean by that. What alternative was there to violence?

Yes, Talisman of Hoeth.
    Timpeyo said:

Personally I would like to see him as the Avatar of Khaine.

• GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 678Registered Users
    Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Sephlock said:

Rakarth is fine mechanics wise but he seems a little boring as an LL.

By that logic why make any more Dark or HIgh Elf content at all?

You have to remember though that Rakarth the borelord is the guy who's greatest achievement in his entire two paragraph life was that he tamed a horse.

Its no surprise people think that Rakarth the borelord would make a boring LL.
    And visually he's basically another dude with a mask.
    You say that like Malus did anything.

No, edgy emo **** doesn't count.

#FORGHORGON
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,097Registered Users
    Wait, is Imrik not 8th Edition? Haha, ok yeah he is FLC, with some bonus for Dragons and Dragon Princes... :lol:

Abmong said:

One of the most popular options on this forum is Rakarth, who is even smaller in lore.
    I would put Rakarth above Anethra. Rakarth had rules and model on TT in the earlier edition. Anethra has potential but only had a lore blurb in the army book.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,836Registered Users
    Abmong said:

Abmong said:

I would put Rakarth above Anethra. Rakarth had rules and model on TT in the earlier edition. Anethra has potential but only had a lore blurb in the army book.
    Her lore blurb was considerably longer than Nakai's, and her extended family got lore blurbs as well. She's also from a much more recent edition.

Abmong said:

He had a model and rules. Helbane had neither.

Abmong said:

I said smaller in lore. Rakarth had no mention in 8th edition, not sure about 6th or 7th although he definetaly did not have rules. That aside, Anethra was the ruler of Clar Karond, Rakarth never ruled anything. So yes, he is smaller in lore. If you disagree about a certain topic, then please use arguments to do so.

Abmong said:

I said smaller in lore. Rakarth had no mention in 8th edition, not sure about 6th or 7th although he definetaly did not have rules. That aside, Anethra was the ruler of Clar Karond, Rakarth never ruled anything. So yes, he is smaller in lore. If you disagree about a certain topic, then please use arguments to do so.
    Neither Skaven nor Bretonnia had 8th edition armybooks, so that point is wholly irrelevant.

• MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    I am not seeing a problem if Rakarth would be a Range lord.

Abmong said:

Neither Skaven nor Bretonnia had 8th edition armybooks, so that point is wholly irrelevant.
    No, but both skaven and Bretonnia were implemented based primarily on their most recent armybook. The dark elves have three armybooks without Rakarth, and CA have so far used 8th edition first and foremost. And even if we count all armybooks as equal, Anethra still has more lore significance than Rakarth, being the ruler of Clar Karond. Even in his older lore, Rakarth never ruled anything of note, let alone one of the six great cities.
    Goatforce said:

Wait, is Imrik not 8th Edition? Haha, ok yeah he is FLC, with some bonus for Dragons and Dragon Princes... :lol:

He is 8ed.

• KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,301Registered Users
    Only problem with Kouran and Tullaris is they're both essentially lackeys, of Malekith and Hellebron respectively. It would be strange to see either off with their own factions separated from their overlord.
    Kelefane said:

Only problem with Kouran and Tullaris is they're both essentially lackeys, of Malekith and Hellebron respectively. It would be strange to see either off with their own factions separated from their overlord.

Both Kouran and Tullaris are known to lead armies on their own. Kouran ran the state of Naggaroth for a hundred years, without dark elf society collapsing. Tullaris follows only the words of his god Khaine, and has been known to lead armies as far away as the empire or Nehekara.
    Kelefane said:

In the lore Malekith always knew that Tullaris is the Avatar of Khaine, he also knew that conflict is inevitable, that one day they will face each other. I think his inclusion can be based on it. Tullaris guided by Khaine is advancing his own agenda.

Abmong said:

That's factually wrong on 2 levels. Hubris Rakarth is the ruler of Karond Kar. Anethra on the other hand doesn't rule Clar Karond she merely lives there. She is problably the most notable person of Clar Karond but it's ruled by Venhil Chillblade not Anethra. Chillblade however is a nobody in lore so I wouldn't mind Anethra taking over Clar Karond instead.
    Abmong said:

Abmong said:

That's factually wrong on 2 levels. Hubris Rakarth is the ruler of Karond Kar. Anethra on the other hand doesn't rule Clar Karond she merely lives there. She is problably the most notable person of Clar Karond but it's ruled by Venhil Chillblade not Anethra. Chillblade however is a nobody in lore so I wouldn't mind Anethra taking over Clar Karond instead.
    I'll admit wrong about Helbane, but where does it say that Rakarth rules Karond Kar? I know he is from there, but no text I've seen mentions him as the ruler.