Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire Counts deserve to be playable on Vortex

rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
Empire on Vortex ok. Greenskins on Vortex ok. But Bampire Counts need to have at least 1 starting position on Vortex. Red Duke would be ok near Mazdamundi.

I hope we don’t leave WH2 without one of the most important races in the WH universe in the Vortex context.

Comments

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,642Registered Users
    Yes please. The Vampire Counts desperately needed a new start position for quite some time now. Moving Kemmler helped, but letting them face the newer races would be ideal.

Not sure how you'd justify the Red Duke being all the way in Lustria though...

Why not move Ghorst? He's a nobody. Just say Mannfred sent him off to get some milk from the corner store or something.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 474Registered Users
    Red Duke and Ghorst.

Would Neferata not make the most sense? Then again I guess her main rival is already in game so crossover LP would be weird.
  • ZafrasZafras Posts: 109Registered Users
    Buffs or attention to my favourite faction, count me in.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 166Registered Users
    Can we just purge Ghorst and replace him with a better Vampire? Seriously there are so many better options and his inclusion was a mistake.
    I would save Neferata and the Lahmians for game III and add a Necrarch LL like my man Zacharias the Everliving or the lesser W'soran/Melkhior. Both can easily be justified being in the New world and we could finally have a not awful Necrarch model.
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
    People would love this move: Unlock Red Duke. Make him appear near Mazdamundi or near Settra. Give him 1 new unit (the datamined one). EVERYONE will be more than happy with that. FLC .
  • sieahsieah Posts: 495Registered Users
    Make Duke playable, turn Ghorst into a Follower for Manfred.

This might be controversial but actually Manny is the one whod make sense to start in the New World. Hes always looking for new knowledge and ancient text, the nerd.
    Ghorst should stay where he is. We don’t need to remove in order to add. Move maybe nut remove never. I like Ghorst.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,045Registered Users
    Uhm. Why? Their lands aren't in the new world.

You literally have Noctilus --- one of Vlad's own spawn and a Von Carstein that you can play.

You also have Harkon, who's... well... something.

You have vampires in the new world already. One of them could even make a claim to Sylvania if Vlad weren't around - and isn't Noctilus older than Mannfred? So his claim stronger?
    vampire Coast is not the same as vampire counts. Theres a vampire rafction near araby coast.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 166Registered Users
    @Itharus
    Ew Von Carstein are literal worst bloodline. Empire isn't in Lustria as well so that doesn't mean much anymore. Also that's like saying we shouldn't want a Wood Elf lord in the Vortex campaign because we already have High/Dark elves everywhere.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,506Registered Users
    What does the Red Duke have to do with anything?

You want a Vampire Count on the map you smack down one that belongs to either the Necrarch Brotherhood or the Strygos Empire. The Red Duke needn’t apply for an ill fitting crowbar treatment.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,151Registered Users
    Never gonna refuse another vamp brother but one that's representing another bloodline would be cool.

Also @Itharus you realise they are two different factions that has 2 playstyle literally the opposite of each other... By your logic might as well strip out one of the elves, enough with one around.

BTW where did you get that Noctilus is older then Mannfred?
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Eh, the OP's justification is that the vampires are important to the setting.

That's something I've always considered overblown: you could actually remove undead from the setting entirely and outside of the End Times the biggest change is likely to be that there'd be a stronger human civilisation in the Southlands. However, if that is the justification, then I think that there being an entire New World-themed vampire race is sufficient justification. Yes, Vampire Counts as a faction are different in feel, but this is a regional distinction: Vampire Counts represent what you'd expect out of vampires showing up in or near a terrestrial human civilisation where there are barrows, graveyards, and battlefields to exhume. Vampirates, by contrast, represent what happens when the main source of corpses are the dead of the sea.

Considering that there aren't many locations of long-term human occupation in the Vortex campaign, I'd be inclined to say that any vampiric faction that cropped up in the New World would likely end up as a vampirates faction simply because that's what they have available. Or they'd end up using mostly corpses from the local races, which would still result in a different list (albeit one not supported by Games Workshop) than the classic Vampire Counts list.

Putting Zacharias the Evarlasting in as a LL for the Necrarch Brotherhood? Sure. I could even extend as far as a dragon-hunting Blood Dragon expedition. But I think it is reasonable to say that the vampirate list is the regional variant of vampires, while Vampire Counts is the regional variant for the Old World and surrounding regions.

(Similarly, there are a few other races which should have regional variations in the New World. The O&G army book mentions regional variations of greenskins in Naggaroth, and basically every Beastmen faction in the Vortex campaign really should be a regional variation rather than the goatmen and minotaurs of the Old World and northern Chaos Wastes. Now, neither of these variations had a list (even in White Dwarf) so I don't see any of them actually being made, but I wouldn't call it short-changing the original race if these regional variations were to be included.)
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 912Registered Users
    Naa. I’m good. I’ve had enough undead. The only two DLC races for Game 2 were both undead. What more do you need?
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,151Registered Users
    Bonutz619 said:

Naa. I’m good. I’ve had enough undead. The only two DLC races for Game 2 were both undead. What more do you need?

Well the idea is to get a playable LL for every old world race in the vortex campaign. That would be ideal if you ask me.

Imagine a dwarf expedition starting at either the Southlands or in Lustria.

Greenskins are almost guaranteed so that leaves out the stunties and the corpses.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,362Registered Users
    Itharus said:

Uhm. Why? Their lands aren't in the new world.

You literally have Noctilus --- one of Vlad's own spawn and a Von Carstein that you can play.

You also have Harkon, who's... well... something.

You have vampires in the new world already. One of them could even make a claim to Sylvania if Vlad weren't around - and isn't Noctilus older than Mannfred? So his claim stronger?

Vampire Coast =/= Vampire Counts.
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,212Registered Users
    Rikis said:

Bonutz619 said:

Well the idea is to get a playable LL for every old world race in the vortex campaign. That would be ideal if you ask me.

Imagine a dwarf expedition starting at either the Southlands or in Lustria.

Greenskins are almost guaranteed so that leaves out the stunties and the corpses.
    An expedition looking for Karak Zorn perhaps? It would be nice. So would a bunch more LLs and an Araby Campaign Pack.

As it is, I will make do. Drax makes an excellent point above. Technically it was always going to be a stretch even to include two game 1 races lore-wise and CA budget-wise. I will be grateful enough if that comes to pass, as people seem to think it will.
  • Cadia101Cadia101 Posts: 241Registered Users
    Why only them ? Any faction could have a new LL with that logic, beastmen, wood elves, chaos, dwarves, Bretonnia... So why only them ?
    Cadia101 said:

Why only them ? Any faction could have a new LL with that logic, beastmen, wood elves, chaos, dwarves, Bretonnia... So why only them ?

Why not a surprise Necron LL?
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,292Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

What does the Red Duke have to do with anything?

You want a Vampire Count on the map you smack down one that belongs to either the Necrarch Brotherhood or the Strygos Empire. The Red Duke needn’t apply for an ill fitting crowbar treatment.

Yeah lets get Zacharias the Everliving up in there fighting mummies!
  • Cadia101Cadia101 Posts: 241Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

Cadia101 said:

You mean tomb king ?
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,212Registered Users
    Cadia101 said:

Because budget and timetable, I reckon. How many DLC LPs were they looking to do after P&W? It seems they have slimmed down from a potential four to a mere three this way. That can only be because of business constraints. If it was easy money, of course they would do it.

Who knows...? Maybe there will be a VCounts vs. Dwarfs pack at the end. I doubt it though.
    Cadia101 said:

Sephlock said:

Cadia101 said:

You mean tomb king ?
    How about Tyranid ;)?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,102Registered Users
    Would love to see Neferata or Zacharias, would preffer Neffy but if she is being saved for Nagash Zacharias would be awesome.
  • UagrimUagrim Posts: 666Registered Users

Cadia101 said:

Because budget and timetable, I reckon. How many DLC LPs were they looking to do after P&W? It seems they have slimmed down from a potential four to a mere three this way. That can only be because of business constraints. If it was easy money, of course they would do it.

Who knows...? Maybe there will be a VCounts vs. Dwarfs pack at the end. I doubt it though.
    Third one will likely come with a GS lord so vamps chances are slim.

If they made a fourth one we could see two old world races against eachother in the vortex.

It would leave dwarfs, vamps and Bretonnia for the core races. And any of these machup could be a thing.
  • dchip1dchip1 Posts: 521Registered Users
    Nefereta in Lahmia would be cool
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    edited October 21
    I'd love to see a vamp in vortex I'd also love to see each blood line represented with an LL.

I think Strygo make most sense starting in the east in southlands, maybe Ushoran or if boarder Princes become a thing Gashnag

If the necros are represented Zacharias, wouldn't want any more undead presents in lustria tho it's cramped enough as it is

• TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,525Registered Users
    The Vampire Counts are fine, the Red Duke has nothing to do with Lustria.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,102Registered Users
    Timpeyo said:

I'd love to see a vamp in vortex I'd also love to see each blood line represented with an LL.

I think Strygo make most sense starting in the east in southlands, maybe Ushoran or if boarder Princes become a thing Gashnag

If the necros are represented Zacharias, wouldn't want any more undead presents in lustria tho it's cramped enough as it is

To my knowledge Ushoran isn't a Strigoi Ghoul King though, isn't he a more normal vampire, his get being the ones who become the monstrosities?

But personally think a Necrarch or Lhamian is the way to go - Necrarch would allow CA to fix the really rather unfortunate Bloodlin Lord, and Neffy is probably the most important Vamp left to add.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Timpeyo said:

To my knowledge Ushoran isn't a Strigoi Ghoul King though, isn't he a more normal vampire, his get being the ones who become the monstrosities?

But personally think a Necrarch or Lhamian is the way to go - Necrarch would allow CA to fix the really rather unfortunate Bloodlin Lord, and Neffy is probably the most important Vamp left to add.
    Not sure but I think he was the lord of the Strigoi ppl so would prob fit. Nefereta is Def one they should add but I'm unsure where she would fit best in vortex