Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Diplomatic missions in RTW2 are godawful.

MarvinGomesMarvinGomes Posts: 1Registered Users
Whatever character in the politics you pick and send a mission, it will just give you random result that may be slightly affected depending on the relations you and the faction have.

But still, even your wife/son/brother sent to an ally, can "betray you" for no reason.

Even worse, sometimes the faction will kill your diplomat, which has a descent chance of happening even with yellow factions, which again is insane, it will even kill your wife/son/brother.

Now look, I get this happened in real history, but it had some actual circumstantial context, what never or rarely happened is a ruler killing randomly another rulers son on a diplomatic mission, or a rulers closest family just for no reason betraying him on this one diplomatic mission. If my son betrays me it should be a part of something, not just a random dice roll.

This is just typical lazy CA, they just put some half-baked mechanic so you have things to click in the character screen, and they can call it a feature, when its a bare skeleton of one.

Comments

• markp27markp27 Posts: 1,297Registered Users
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,700Registered Users

Whatever character in the politics you pick and send a mission, it will just give you random result that may be slightly affected depending on the relations you and the faction have.

But still, even your wife/son/brother sent to an ally, can "betray you" for no reason.

Even worse, sometimes the faction will kill your diplomat, which has a descent chance of happening even with yellow factions, which again is insane, it will even kill your wife/son/brother.

Now look, I get this happened in real history, but it had some actual circumstantial context, what never or rarely happened is a ruler killing randomly another rulers son on a diplomatic mission, or a rulers closest family just for no reason betraying him on this one diplomatic mission. If my son betrays me it should be a part of something, not just a random dice roll.

This is just typical lazy CA, they just put some half-baked mechanic so you have things to click in the character screen, and they can call it a feature, when its a bare skeleton of one.

Calls CA lazy, can't even be bothered to post in the correct forum. Oh the irony.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,657Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin