Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What does the "Distrusts the Empire" trait actually do?

42konyo42konyo Posts: 774Registered Users
edited October 21 in General Discussion
So now that the Empire update has been patched I figured i'd give it a go and see if it's as good as the patch notes made it seem, however i'm a dozen turns in and only just now realized that every Empire faction with the exception of Middenland and the golden order have the "Distrusts the Empire" trait.
From the dipliomatic screen you can see that it does apply a minor penalty to your relations with those factions but supposedly it also means that those factions are harder to confederate/interact with, however I've never seen actual stats on this, does anyone know what it changes in raw numbers/percentages?
getting the AI to accept offers on VH is already tedious enough in most scenario's, and since I was planning to play a bit lorefully this time around without just conquering the majority of Empire factions it'd be good to know if this run is doomed from the start and if I should just restart to see if I get a bit luckier with the faction traits.

Comments

• RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 331Registered Users
    I think it is just the relations penalty. Relations are needed to confederate so having a lower one also makes it harder to confederate.
  • kitekazekitekaze Posts: 254Registered Users
    FYI, Positive relationship boost Fealty.
    50=>1 Fealty
    100=>1 Fealty (2 in total)
    150=>1 Fealty (3 in total)

I don't know if negative relationship reduce fealty or not, but "Distrust the empire" hinder that province a lot. (you can't reach to non-aggression, trade, military access pact, which can increase relationship), especially as you grow larger.

Late game, pretisge overshadows all so it doesn't matter.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,126Registered Users, Moderators
    Distrusts the Empire seems to make them more likely to say no even if they seem to like you.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • 42konyo42konyo Posts: 774Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Distrusts the Empire seems to make them more likely to say no even if they seem to like you.

That's the thing i'd like to know, if there's an actual modifier for that, for example a 33% higher relations needed before accepting a deal or if it's something that requires something else altogether, it's frustrating how little we as players are told about the game, older TW titles used to be a lot better in breaking down aspects of the game.
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 3,058Registered Users
    it just gives an aversion penalty of 15 AFAIK

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)