Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

where do you buy games ?

SilvanaGamerSilvanaGamer Posts: 4Registered Users
Everyone here is probably waiting for the release of new games such as Total War Troy.
But not everyone can afford to buy them. They cost a lot.

Tell us where you buy the games at good prices ?

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,390Registered Users
    Mostly order them on Amazon or buy them at local retailers. The biggest ones here in Germany are Saturn and Mediamarkt. It’s always cheaper there than on steam
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 230Registered Users

Everyone here is probably waiting for the release of new games such as Total War Troy.

Well most of the time i tend to purchase total war games at full price. Though i made and exception for Warhammer with all the extra dlc packages. Last wkend i bought the last 3 dlc i missed for around 24 euro's and now i am complete. I agree with you the games are very expensive but if you are honest and see how much time you have played, i mean most people spend well over 500 hours in those games and where in the world can you buy 500 hours of fun for 50 euro's ( yea yea you can import a poor china girl )

Other options on steam are

A: wait for the good sales ( since most of the time after a year or 2 prices during sales will drop significantly and lets be honest here, if you don't have money for warhammer then you don't any money either for a good p.c. )

B: watch a wholekey seller such as HRK games for example that offer those for a slight discount, up to 20% during launch while later on they stay around 5% under the lowest steam sale price up to date. This of course can be also not a very good course of action since there have been key sellers known to obtain keys through criminal ways.
    Its just like using drugs. If you use drugs you also support the whole drug trafficking network and abuse so think carefully about what YOU want to do

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • DragantisDragantis PolandPosts: 190Registered Users
    I usually order a physical copies in locale online shops as they are usually a little cheaper than digital version on steam. Unfortunately for each DLC I have to pay full price. If you can't afford full price wait for sales instead of buying it on release or try to got you copy on a giveaways, there are many Twitch or YouTube channels that are doing giveaways upon game release.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 1,295Registered Users

I agree with you the games are very expensive but if you are honest and see how much time you have played, i mean most people spend well over 500 hours in those games and where in the world can you buy 500 hours of fun for 50 euro's ( yea yea you can import a poor china girl )

The beach costs me nothing and is less than 30 min walk for me :D
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 1,295Registered Users
    I generally buy games off of steam. I will pre-order some games over December and January using birthday and Christmas money. For other games normally either me or my daughter buy them. She buys some of my DLC's for TW games too :D
  • united84united84 Posts: 603Registered Users
    edited October 23

Certainly not me lol. Thrones is way better than Troy (1st trailer impression anyways, not gameplay).

Best platform to buy games is probably steam for Non-western consumers because steam's regional pricing is cheap. As for Westerners, I heard fanatical offers quite competitive pricing.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,278Registered Users
    Steam. The last physical copy for me was Shogun 2. After that, the only retail shop near I live closed down so starting with Fall of The Samurai until Three Kingdoms I have bought all my games from Steam. With regional pricing, the games are not that expensive though. About half USD price.
  • SilvanaGamerSilvanaGamer Posts: 4Registered Users
    In my opinion best place is g2troll.com simply because it does the job (inform about all the deals) and you are getting free steam giftcards for uing them. You only need to upvote deals that you like, they give you points, you exchange points to free giftcards. seems cool
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 230Registered Users
    @markp27

uhu..... surfs up dude .. i'm glad you catched my drift...

In our days we spend days outside without any thing to play with…

but daaad if i go outside these days there all all these immigrants searching for food in the nature looking at our girls on the beach i rather stay at home

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’