Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

"Rome: Total War failed to find DirectX 9"

KezzerKezzer Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi there!

This is my first post in this forum and, ordinarily, I wouldn't join a forum to get help on just one problem.
Usually, enough hunting around the web leads me to a solution, but this time I'm really stumped!

Any help you can offer is much appreciated! :)

So, the issue:
Recently, I've been playing Rome: Total War on a perfectly capable Laptop, with Windows 10 installed.
I've been playing for the better part of a year, but took a little break from gaming, a few weeks ago, so I haven't launched the game in a while.

Now, when I try to launch the game, I get a pop-up box telling me:
"Rome: Total War failed to find DirectX 9, which is required for the game to run. Please reinstall DirectX"

I should mention a few things before I finish this post (cry for help?) that may be of some use.
Firstly, I am running Windows 10, as a mentioned previously, and as such have DirectX 12 installed.
Secondly, RTW isn't the only game that has bit the dust, recently.
A few other games that I've been playing, that worked perfectly before, have now thrown up similar faults, but with different error messages, which I will post, if needed.

That's it!
Hopefully, some people more knowledgeable than me can help sort this problem.

Thanks.