Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

About bad fps / performance on ryzen 5 3500u?

devastationbgdevastationbg Junior MemberPosts: 5Registered Users
Hello, i bought Ryzen 5 3500u With Vega 8 graphics and only 8gb ram is it possible that vram affects my performance in game like Total War warhammer 2 and if i upgrade to one more stick of 8gb will improve it?

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,327Registered Users
    If you're playing Warhammer II with the integrated graphics, it's going to be bad.

Another stick might actually improve things, but a lack of memory isn't really your problem, no video card is.
  • devastationbgdevastationbg Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    psychoak said:

If you're playing Warhammer II with the integrated graphics, it's going to be bad.

Another stick might actually improve things, but a lack of memory isn't really your problem, no video card is.

Well i can confirm that Total War Attila is running great!
    That makes sense. Attila is much easier on the video requirements. It's the old 32 bit engine, so it can't use more than 4GB of ram either.
    psychoak said:

That makes sense. Attila is much easier on the video requirements. It's the old 32 bit engine, so it can't use more than 4GB of ram either.

So is there any hope if i upgrade to one more stick with 8gb to get reasonable fps on everything low.
    Reasonable is a bit loaded, but more memory "may" be a significant boost to how much ram your integrated gpu can utilize. By the time you get to the GTX 480, in 2010, you're already blowing away what that Vega is capable of.

8 GB, especially with it being shared ram for the gpu, is definitely pretty minimal for the newest TW games.

Compare yours to this:

If you're in the crapper compared to that, you've got room for upward movement. You're never going to get decent performance even at normal unit sizes, not off a Vega 8. To run modern games, you have to have modern gaming hardware. As good as the new Vega stuff is, it's still a long, long ways away from actual discrete graphics cards. Ten years away.
    edited October 26
    psychoak said:

Reasonable is a bit loaded, but more memory "may" be a significant boost to how much ram your integrated gpu can utilize. By the time you get to the GTX 480, in 2010, you're already blowing away what that Vega is capable of.

8 GB, especially with it being shared ram for the gpu, is definitely pretty minimal for the newest TW games.

Compare yours to this:

If you're in the crapper compared to that, you've got room for upward movement. You're never going to get decent performance even at normal unit sizes, not off a Vega 8. To run modern games, you have to have modern gaming hardware. As good as the new Vega stuff is, it's still a long, long ways away from actual discrete graphics cards. Ten years away.

Man i think problem its not in me its in Creative Asembly they do NOT optimize their games...
    Sorry dude, but integrated graphics are ****, always have been ****, and probably always will be ****.

Vega is actually the first iteration that mostly works for playing video games from AMD's side. While it's impressive, it's only impressive compared to the rest of the integrated graphics market. Being 70% faster than the Iris Plus 650 is a big positive, but it's still just as much slower than the 1050 Ti you'd want as a bare minimum mobile graphics processor for playing current games.

As I said, they're ten years behind high end cards.
    psychoak said:

Sorry dude, but integrated graphics are ****, always have been ****, and probably always will be ****.

Vega is actually the first iteration that mostly works for playing video games from AMD's side. While it's impressive, it's only impressive compared to the rest of the integrated graphics market. Being 70% faster than the Iris Plus 650 is a big positive, but it's still just as much slower than the 1050 Ti you'd want as a bare minimum mobile graphics processor for playing current games.

As I said, they're ten years behind high end cards.

Ok.. Will see you cant compare trashy Intel graphics with AMD bye.