Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which is your fav game?

KimmbrownKimmbrown Posts: 1Registered Users
Rome 1, Shogun 1, Med 1+2 - Visually they are old, AI is not great, many generic factions, rebels...but if you are into modding and like big overhaul mods. Especially Med 2 offers quite good mods, it was possible to edit campaign map. But there are still issues that no mod can fix and honestly if you are not into old games, they won´t satisfy you probably.

New stuff: Empire, Napoleon - Before Empire I would bet that TW with fire arms cannot be made. Empire offers large campaign map, many factions, added naval combat which for some is hard but some it. I will say one example, as Britain you can start focusing on dominance in Carrabean (navy, pirates) or North America (indians, colonies) or start with Europe wars..(taking Gibraltar, land wars with France,Spain...) or even star with expedition into India (melee native troops and elephants :D)...Empire is offering special theatres for exotic resources, accesible only with fleets. In all other games fleets are operating around coast, Empire is only game with deep water/ocean naval warfare. Except lower FPS in sieges there are no major bugs contrary to popular belief. Napoleon is on smaller scale, with some improvements in many aspects. However on other hand, scale is limited just to EU, every campaign is very same.

Comments

• markp27markp27 Posts: 1,295Registered Users
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 230Registered Users
    I guess Warhammer 2 Mortal Empires High Elf campaigns.. Teclis, Aladriel i guess are my most favorite places to be in Total War.

If i'm done with those campaigns i'm returning to my rebel three kingdoms campaign.

To be honest i find most fun in exploring the worlds CA present us with. It is like watching a semi oke serie on Netflix. You love the first 10 episodes but then the inspiration expires and your off to watching nonsense ( the point where you stop )
    Sometimes you need 3 seasons to reach such a point and with others you are done after watching the first episode ( 16 year old cute girl in a mini skirt can only hold the attention so long right ;) )

Series you watch to the end are rare but do have one thing in common!

I hope CA will find their due too

especially because it is Mass Effect as a Trilogy that remains my number one choice and not any of the wargames i did like to play since i was young

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,053Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,390Registered Users
    Favourite games in general?

1. Witcher 3: The best game of all times

3. Mass Effect 3: Just epic

4. Fallout 4: my most played non total war game

6. Total War Rome 2: my favourite total war game, 2500 h played, still enjoying it from time to time.

5. Farcry 3: A game that completely changed the gaming industry, with an awesome story and unique side quests. Burning a weed plantation while listening to Skrillex was just epic.

6. Skyrim: similar reasons like fallout 4
  • mrgrtt123mrgrtt123 Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 10
    Personal preference will be the following:

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    2. The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim
    3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    4. Resident Evil IV
    5. The Last of Us
    6. The Phantom Pain

I usually play these at night after seeing my beagle asleep on his dog-bed as I can easily be distracted with the noise that he makes if he is awake.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • CanuckroyalCanuckroyal Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    Favorite Total War game is Shogun 2 and its spin off FoTS. Why?

I am a military officer in real life and am particularly interested in 18th-19th century warfare.

I used to love Empire TW and have many hours in the game but tbh, it has not aged well. Similarly, I love Napoleon TW but it has low replayability due to lack of depth in the campaign side of the house.

Shogun 2 has aged incredibly well and while I've completed a number of campaigns in the base game, my real love is FoTS.

I've completed campaigns with every single faction and most recently am completing a VH/VH Nagaoka campaign where I am siding with the Shogunate and am the only faction left that is still Shogunate. It's a dog fight right now.

Shogun and FoTS is just very slickly made. The game is well optimized, the game has excellent mechanics with the right amount of complexity and the systems work really well together.

Agents, character skill trees, tech trees, the map, outstanding naval warfare, the different play styles depending on the faction. Excellent gunpowder mechanics.

It is CA's finest game and is the most polished of any in the series. I am genuinely surprised that more people don't still play it.

I've been disappointed with CA's trending away from Historical Strategy towards Fantasy Strategy but I think it's a sign of the times. They can make more money off Warhammer, etc and if they are able to make Warhammer players cross over to their other games, they will be even more successful.

I also think the present political climate doesn't lend itself towards historical strategy. I would love an Empire TW 2 or 19th-early 20th century TW but I don't think the game would be made due to not wanting to touch on issues like Slavery, Imperialism, Colonialism, etc. I cannot imagine CA releasing a "Warpath Campaign" in todays political climate.