Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Empire Total War Laptop

stonewall1350stonewall1350 Posts: 7Registered Users
2.4 GHz Intel Pentium or greater or AMD Athlon equivalent CPU.
CPU SPEED: 2.4 GHz. Are the recommended requirements. I want a laptop because I have no REAL need for anything else. But does anyone know if I could find something that is about $300 or so that could play the game (with enough power so I could have square formations lol).

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,327Registered Users
    You can get a cheap Ryzen 5 2500U or 3500U laptop with Vega 8 integrated graphics in the $300-400 range. For just Empire, even a Vega 3 should work just fine, but it will be garbage by Shogun II.

That GPU wont be real hot for the newest TW games, but as far back as Empire, it should work perfectly fine. It's just as fast as the top end cards of the time were. Even Intel's still will work for that far back, but it's complete garbage for new ones.

To go cheaper than the 2500U, you'll need to get a refurb, and increasingly aged refurbs are going to come with serious downsides in their durability. You could check outlet stores for systems that were returned because of scuff marks, etc, pretty reliable.
  • stonewall1350stonewall1350 Posts: 7Registered Users
    psychoak said:

You can get a cheap Ryzen 5 2500U or 3500U laptop with Vega 8 integrated graphics in the $300-400 range. For just Empire, even a Vega 3 should work just fine, but it will be garbage by Shogun II.

That GPU wont be real hot for the newest TW games, but as far back as Empire, it should work perfectly fine. It's just as fast as the top end cards of the time were. Even Intel's still will work for that far back, but it's complete garbage for new ones.

To go cheaper than the 2500U, you'll need to get a refurb, and increasingly aged refurbs are going to come with serious downsides in their durability. You could check outlet stores for systems that were returned because of scuff marks, etc, pretty reliable.

I just don’t have much of a need for a laptop. I can game on them, and the only game I’d play is Total War Empire or MAYBE an FPS like swat 3 or Joint Ops. I don’t really play games anymore. I’d also need spreadsheets/Microsoft stuff for grading and stuff. I’d just like to be able to play ETW because it is my favorite.
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 230Registered Users
    https://www.windowscentral.com/best-amd-ryzen-laptops ( Lenovo idea pad )

ACER Aspire 3 - A315-32-C4Q2

It think these 2 are your options budget wise

both offer full hd and i guess both integrated gpu's are oke enough to run empire

if you love empire that much i would say, do yourself a favor and spend 200 bucks more ;)

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’