Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bretonnia and the next QoL patch

FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,212Registered Users
So since we know that the next patch will be mostly about fixing some QoL changes, I hope you'll reconsider adding some replenishment options for Bretonnia. This is a major problem for them since they barely have any options to improve the replenishment of their troops.

I'm asking this because the last we've heard was someone at CA (I think it was CA_Duck?) saying that at the time when they were doing the Bretonnia rework they did not think it was an issue, but many Bretonnian players have since noted this annoyance (waiting 14 turns to get your full stack up to par is never amusing). I myself have kept quiet because I thought this problem would have been fixed with the rework.

Whether it's through a tech or a lord/hero skill, it would be nice to have more options.

Comments

• UagrimUagrim Posts: 656Registered Users
    Replenishment as a hole needs to be looked at for sure.

It can't be right that a dying of race that needs to abandon its cities simply due to a lack of population can replenish in one turn from the most grievous loses. While faction like GS need to wait multiple turns to have their stack up to full strength.

Post battle option are another thing that should be looked into, all faction should always have 3 options.

I would also add a blue line rework for the old world factions to that list.
  • another505another505 Posts: 992Registered Users
    The whole peasant economy doesnt make sense when HE is a dying race and uses conscription too....
    honestly, whatever, the lore representation ingame is pretty off.
  • GeorgeTrumanGeorgeTruman Posts: 13Registered Users
    Honestly maybe it ought to be the opposite. Maybe too many factions have access to too much replenishment. It sort of makes sustaining losses in battle insignificant.
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,212Registered Users
    edited October 28

Honestly maybe it ought to be the opposite. Maybe too many factions have access to too much replenishment. It sort of makes sustaining losses in battle insignificant.

I understand the reasoning behind that, but you must also take into account the fun factor. No one enjoys skipping turns just so your armies can be fully replenished. HE may have too much healing, but Bretonnia has too little. A just balance would be better, but If only given the choice between these two models, the Bretonnian way is much more frustrating to play.
  • FerrousTarkusFerrousTarkus Posts: 525Registered Users
    Yup, there is nothing fun Skipping turns because there is nothing to do or waiting on your army to replenish. Its also completely ridiculous as you stated that villagers take longer to recruit than high elves or lizards, two dying races.

Skill trees are completely out of balance and artificial buffs to AI because its too dumb by itself is pretty bad too.

Honestly I don't understand how people can enjoy single player that much.
  • sandercohensandercohen Posts: 171Registered Users
    Replenishment needs to be reworked in two ways:

1. On a unit basis. Elite infantry should replenish faster than chaff
    2. On a faction basis. Skaven/VC/Greenskins should get faster replenishment than Helves, but not to the point helves need to wait five turns after each battle just to replenish.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,622Registered Users
    edited October 31

Replenishment needs to be reworked in two ways:

1. On a unit basis. Elite infantry should replenish faster than chaff

No, the exact opposite needs to happen, chaff needs to replenish faster than elites. That elites and regulars replenish at an equal rate right now is one of the main reasons doomstacking is so obnoxiously effective in this game.

• Hanzo11Hanzo11 Posts: 22Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

I understand the reasoning behind that, but you must also take into account the fun factor. No one enjoys skipping turns just so your armies can be fully replenished. HE may have too much healing, but Bretonnia has too little. A just balance would be better, but If only given the choice between these two models, the Bretonnian way is much more frustrating to play.
    This is my belief too. Faction lore and overall balance aside, no enjoys camping in their city multiple turns because game mechanics dictate it. I understand some limitations for the sake of creating consequence to taking heavy losses , but if the primary purpose its serving is to increase the games difficulty, that's problematic. I'm sure there are better ways to accomplish that without sacrificing the overall enjoyment of the game.