Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Southern Realms land mark building? Your thoughts?

Red11sgbRed11sgb Posts: 160Registered Users

While play through a Empire campaign I noticed that there is a strategic location for the southern realms? I thought no big deal and then looked at some other land mark icons. Oddly enough some other locations listed playable factions for land mark buildings. So I checked out Kislev and it didn't have "Kislev" listed as a strategic location for them, only listed the playable factions. So could this mean something important for the Southern Realms or a mistake on CAs end. I'm sure other people have noticed this and I apologize if some one already posted something similar to this. Just wanted to see what others thought. I should also point out I don't have any mods installed.

Comments

• DeathsDayOffDeathsDayOff Posts: 22Registered Users
    Probably just the penguins from the Madagascar series
  • RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 452Registered Users
    Miraglino is also a victory condition like most faction capitals
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Posts: 160Registered Users
    Yeah but that wouldn't explain why it says it has a landmark building for southern realms. Unless the AI Southern realms can only build a landmark building there, which could be the case. But if that is the case why doesn't it list kislev in the kislev capital.?
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,026Registered Users
    edited October 27
    That a old stuff from warhammer 1.

Maybe CA planned add TEB but it not happen.

But this description is still there. Idk why it not changed. But there one other example.
    Lahmia, it said it too had "landmark" i dont remember race, if I right VC, but outside special main building there nothing. Same in Miragliano.

Hm i just remembered. TEB had special named ports. It named Southern Realm port, it had a more income than other races. (pre nerf of ports atleast)
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,919Registered Users
    Pretty sure both empire clone civs (kislev and DoW) are coming.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Posts: 870Registered Users
    edited October 27

Pretty sure both empire clone civs (kislev and DoW) are coming.

It's pretty obvious that something like DOW will come because no way will CA leave those areas with bad Empire clones, they would stand out like a sore thumb when the game is finished.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • Poenix21Poenix21 Posts: 111Registered Users
    I stumbled over this too, some time ago.
    The special building for southern realms is the temple of myrmidia.

The whole southern realms thing is indeed an interesting case.

In the Vortex campaign every faction except kislev is represented. This includes southern realms.

What's extremely interesting is that this is not some form of leftover.

Before the hunter and the beast, we had one empire and one southern realms faction

New world colonies (sr) and suedenburg (e)

This got changed with the last dlc.
    Suedenburg got turned into southern realms.

• CrossilCrossil Posts: 5,011Registered Users
    Vampire Counts also say they have a landmark there. I think the statement that Southern Realms have a landmark there is just an outdated description that CA hasn't even bothered to change or the main settlement building is the supposed landmark.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 907Registered Users
    I hope this means that we will see Southern Realms and dogs of war. Having empire clones there doesn't feel right.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,381Registered Users
    the hints for DoW/Southern realms are well know, Those unique buildings and unique capitals have been around for a while.

The case for DoW is as strong as ever.

Problem is that we don't know if we get WH2 race as pre order bonus for Wh3.
    IF the answer is yes, then DoW look very good...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 1,942Registered Users
    The unique building in Miragliano is literally the main city building line. Every other faction just get an "Occupied Miragliano" building line, while Border Princes, Estalia and Tilea gets the normal "Miragliano".
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,725Registered Users
    I know Kislev's is the Bokha Palace, I checked that out myself at one point. Haven't been to Praag to see if you can get it's special walls.

Unsure if it means anything, to be honest. I'd like to think so, but could be merely a flavour thing.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,161Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

I know Kislev's is the Bokha Palace, I checked that out myself at one point. Haven't been to Praag to see if you can get it's special walls.

Unsure if it means anything, to be honest. I'd like to think so, but could be merely a flavour thing.

I think the landmark of Praag is the port.
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Posts: 146Registered Users
    DOW for WH3 preorder confirmed?
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Posts: 146Registered Users
    edited October 31
    (duplicate post sorry!)
    Post edited by ChesterMcGirr on
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 5,559Registered Users
    Poenix21 said:

I stumbled over this too, some time ago.
    The special building for southern realms is the temple of myrmidia.

The whole southern realms thing is indeed an interesting case.

In the Vortex campaign every faction except kislev is represented. This includes southern realms.

What's extremely interesting is that this is not some form of leftover.

Before the hunter and the beast, we had one empire and one southern realms faction

New world colonies (sr) and suedenburg (e)

This got changed with the last dlc.
    Suedenburg got turned into southern realms.

Sudenburg has always been Southern Realms in Total War I recall.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 1,036Registered Users
    I think it means one of three things.

1. CA is planning to add a playable Southern Realms to the game at some point. This one is the most likely in my opinion. A lot of hints point to SR/DoW coming at some point.

2. CA planned to add Southern Realms to the game but decided to change those plans. Left the text in there by mistake.

3. It’s just some flavor text for fun.
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Posts: 5Registered Users
    I just want the Southern Realms and Kislev to become unique factions. I mean southern realms wouldn't be that different visually. Literally have the normal empire roster but give everyone more morions than sallets and get new Italian-like voicelines. Obviously a bunch of new elite crossbow units or something too.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,050Registered Users
    SiWI said:

the hints for DoW/Southern realms are well know, Those unique buildings and unique capitals have been around for a while.

It's been a while- wasn't Aranessa thought to be a potential lord for them?
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Posts: 160Registered Users
    Bonutz619 said:

I think it means one of three things.

1. CA is planning to add a playable Southern Realms to the game at some point. This one is the most likely in my opinion. A lot of hints point to SR/DoW coming at some point.

2. CA planned to add Southern Realms to the game but decided to change those plans. Left the text in there by mistake.

3. It’s just some flavor text for fun.

I hop it's the first, but with that in mind none of the ones in kislev say anything about kislev land mark building so it could be just some text for added flavor
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,381Registered Users
    edited October 28
    Sephlock said:

SiWI said:

It's been a while- wasn't Aranessa thought to be a potential lord for them?
    not from me no.

DoW have the unique position that, because every famous unit has a prominent captain, they are pretty much throwing in character choices.
    Me personal always though Pizarro very likely due the fact that his flag is already in use in game.

But even without him, getting 4 names for the DoW is effortless.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Aranessa had nothing to do with Dogs of War, and they had plenty of characters anyway.