Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dark Elves, Repeater Bolt thrower multi shoot shooting thought trees?

Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
Just like the tittle says, i had a battle and lost because of that. the tree dint provide any kind of cover for the Repeater Bolt Thrower multishot.

Has any of you had that problem.

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,105Registered Users

Just like the tittle says, i had a battle and lost because of that. the tree dint provide any kind of cover for the Repeater Bolt Thrower multishot.

It's likely a tree problem. I had a game recently where someone hid in a forest and the bolt throwers definitely didn't go through trees
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,729Registered Users
    DE BT needs more range, and +1s reload while its being discussed.
  • Green0Green0 Posts: 5,160Registered Users

You know that a forest doesn't provide full cover yeah... it might be that according to the viewmodel you thought the bolt should have hit a tree but the actual tree hitbox was smaller hence the bolt went through. I also somehow doubt you "lost a game because of that" since it takes several minutes for a BT to do significant damage.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    Green0 said:

You know that a forest doesn't provide full cover yeah... it might be that according to the viewmodel you thought the bolt should have hit a tree but the actual tree hitbox was smaller hence the bolt went through. I also somehow doubt you "lost a game because of that" since it takes several minutes for a BT to do significant damage.
    I literally lost since i hid all my spearmen there to negate the advantage of cavalry. killed most the cavalry but the 2 Bolt throwers just shoot thought the tree none were blocked, both of them got enough to shatter whatever morale was left, also the battle was lengthy.

Nothing was blocked at the end i was losing, so i decided to look at the Multi Shot projectile none were blocked by the trees. i might mention that its was deep in the forest not on the hedge.

Green0 said:

I literally lost since i hid all my spearmen there to negate the advantage of cavalry. killed most the cavalry but the 2 Bolt throwers just shoot thought the tree none were blocked, both of them got enough to shatter whatever morale was left, also the battle was lengthy.

Nothing was blocked at the end i was losing, so i decided to look at the Multi Shot projectile none were blocked by the trees. i might mention that its was deep in the forest not on the hedge.
    well OK apologies it's hard to gauge based on a loose description, still as far as I'm aware, cannonballs get blocked I don't see why bolts wouldn't.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    Green0 said:

Green0 said:

well OK apologies it's hard to gauge based on a loose description, still as far as I'm aware, cannonballs get blocked I don't see why bolts wouldn't.
    Ok, might be a bug then.
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Posts: 4,167Registered Users
    Green0 said:

You know that a forest doesn't provide full cover yeah... it might be that according to the viewmodel you thought the bolt should have hit a tree but the actual tree hitbox was smaller hence the bolt went through. I also doubt you "lost a game because of that" since it takes several minutes for a BT to do significant damage.
    Well said.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Posts: 3,697Registered Users
    If you were just hiding in the trees this might have been a case of divine justice.
  • WitchbladeWitchblade Posts: 323Registered Users

Green0 said:

You lost while camping in a forest while the opponent had the range advantage?

:)
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,622Registered Users
    No buffs for elf artillery. HE BT need to be nerfed anyway and so they shouldn't even start on DE BT.

No buffs for elf artillery. HE BT need to be nerfed anyway and so they shouldn't even start on DE BT.

Care to write up reasoning why you think so?

I think HE BT is a good strong arty piece currently after recent buffs to it, why do you think it needs nerfs?

Before you start i think there are some arty pieces that needs buffs though, WLC (-50g), Trebs still in need of help, DE BT still crap.
  • OrkLadsOrkLads Posts: 1,375Registered Users

I think HE BT is a good strong arty piece currently after recent buffs to it, why do you think it needs nerfs?

Before you start i think there are some arty pieces that needs buffs though, WLC (-50g), Trebs still in need of help, DE BT still crap.
    Scream Skull Catapult deserves a mention in that category too.
    OrkLads said:

Scream Skull Catapult deserves a mention in that category too.
    Yes most defiantly, though i think SSC is easy fix, just +20% damage and its good.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,622Registered Users
    edited October 31

HE BT snipes artillery perfectly at a discount and can do so behind mountains and hills where most artillery pieces can't touch it. Artillery is less important for HE than it is for other factions, so this should come at a cost. +100g at minimum.

It's also way, way, WAY too tanky. Queen Bess routs a HE BT with on average six direct hits and sometimes these hits won't destroy even a single BT. It's three for about any other artillery piece. Its hitbox is very obviously bugged.

DE should not get this sort of broken BS.

HE BT snipes artillery perfectly at a discount and can do so behind mountains and hills where most artillery pieces can't touch it.

this has been proven to be false time and time again. The firing arc of a Bolt thrower is also not significantly different from, say, a Cannon.
    edited November 1

HE BT snipes artillery perfectly at a discount and can do so behind mountains and hills where most artillery pieces can't touch it. Artillery is less important for HE than it is for other factions, so this should come at a cost. +100g at minimum.

It's also way, way, WAY too tanky. Queen Bess routs a HE BT with on average six direct hits and sometimes these hits won't destroy even a single BT. It's three for about any other artillery piece. Its hitbox is very obviously bugged.

DE should not get this sort of broken BS.
    I have tested this numerous times and its a blant lie, have you taken the time to test it even once?

HE BT gets smashed in a duel vs cannons and has lower HP per model also so i don't see why you find it tanky.

I agree arty is less important for HE this is mainly due to BT being a waste of gold in most cases due to its realiance on opponent bringing ston thrower like arty for the BT to target.

HE one propably need -25g to be a good pick and DE one needs range buffs.
  • fierbali111fierbali111 Posts: 18Registered Users
    prob a tree bug, sometimes in replays you can definitely see bolts blocked by trees.