In it's current state the Mortal Empires victory conditions are so boring and pointless that barely anyone ever finishes a campaign, personally I've probably finished only 1 out of 10 campaigns that I've started and the only reason for that is the lack of realistic and challenging victory conditions.
The main problems as I see them:
- Minor and major (short and long) victory conditions are exactly the same.
- Conditions are generic/shared across all factions.
- They do not promote faction specific (loreful) endgame/play style.
- They still force you to do certain things, taking away control from the player.
- Campaigns take too long to complete due to conflicting objectives.
Personally at the very least I'd like to see the short campaign objectives changed to something that that faction would want (besides world domination obviously) to give a few examples:Empire
: Unite the provinces, wipe out the VC, Skarsnik subfaction and optionally ally/defeat Bretonnia/Dwarf factions.
VC: Take control of all empire provinces and wipe out the Empire and all it's subfactions, maybe confederate/vassalize other VC factions.HE
: Confederate/take over Ulthuan and wipe out DE/VCDE
: Confederate/ally other DE factions and take over Ulthuan.
Of course this is just the most basic option that i'd like to see, working with what we already have only requiring minor changes that wouldn't really require too much effort on CA's part, ideally it'd be somewhat in line with the lore (which I know very little about admittedly)
What would you guys like to see changed about them, and how many out of your total ME campaigns have you completed so far?