Giants were buffed a couple times now, getting mostly cost reductions. However, they're still bad for the same reasons as before:
- They're quite slow
- They get staggered or knocked over easily, especially by other monsters that can outpace them and which they can't escape
- They're very vulnerable to missiles
- They take a lot of damage if surrounded and not saturated within their own troops, which means you have at least 1800 gold occupying a very small space of the battlefield and will most likely be overwhelmed elsewhere, unless you can afford to blob, which you can't really do against factions with missiles.
Cost reductions barely help them with any of this, since losing a 1500 gold unit to cheap archers before it gets to do much is still not something you can afford. Effectively the only thing this really achieved was buffing them against factions with no or limited missiles, Vampire Counts in particular, where giants were already a viable pick even when they used to cost more.
Therefore I'd suggest to give them following buffs:
- Increased speed
- Less chance to get staggered / knocked over
- Missile resistance (15 percent should be enough)
In return, increase their cost again.
Doing this will make them a more viable pick in match-ups where they're rarely seen (which is pretty much any match-up) while avoiding making them OP against Vampire Counts (which they already may be at this stage, notice how none of the weaknesses I described apply to the VC match-up).