Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sieging Army Should NOT be Allowed to Reinforce

Harry_HoodHarry_Hood Posts: 12Registered Users
When an army sieges an enemy settlement, it shouldn't be able to reinforce another army while still sieging. Thinking about the logistics of it, the sieging army should be preoccupied with the siege and and containment of the garrison army, so they can't be in two places at once. In order for a sieging army to reinforce a nearby battle, they must lift a siege, thereby making it possible for the enemy garrison to reinforce. There should be no other options and no difference between AI and player in this regard.

At the current state, it doesn't make sense. I am sure this was discussed in previous posts but I am hoping CA addresses this in the upcoming December patch.

Comments

• Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 300Registered Users
    Lol, was that the only thing you can think of that doesn't make sense army strategical/tactical wise ;)

j/k support this request wholeheartedly!

Added a suggestion to make sieges more lifelike with the addition of camps on the tactical map many many years ago

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • Harry_HoodHarry_Hood Posts: 12Registered Users
    Aye, Aventus! But this in particular seems like a major oversight and doesn't appear like it would be a difficult thing to fix.

Yes, adding some more features for siege would be nice. I would like to see the ability to create siege catapults/trebs in addition to the rams and siege towers. Because you don't always have siege equipment in your army and sometimes you just want to blast the walls down instead! Also to take it a step further, give the sieged garrison army the option to create extra defensive features such as barricading fences to slow em down or tower mounted catapults. Because if sieging armies have time to prepare, so should those on defense. Maybe these extra features cost some money but not necessarily.
  • ferundalferundal Junior Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    Totaly agree.

I think there is three major changes shoud me done on global map:

1) Sieging army should not be allowed to reinforce

2) Ambush armyes shoud not be able to get reinforcements

3) After sudden strike army shoud not be able to reinforce or get reinforcements untill the end of this faction turn. (When turn come to other faction hands)
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Posts: 467Registered Users
    ferundal said:

Totaly agree.

I think there is three major changes shoud me done on global map:

1) Sieging army should not be allowed to reinforce

2) Ambush armyes shoud not be able to get reinforcements

3) After sudden strike army shoud not be able to reinforce or get reinforcements untill the end of this faction turn. (When turn come to other faction hands)

Also, armies on forced march shouldn't be able to reinforce. That would stop the good ol' attack with a proxy to pull in a marching army trick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file