Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Aspiring Champions need rework

alpaca2alpaca2 Posts: 20Registered Users
Aspiring Champions basically have same stats with Chosen(shield) , they have 50% more hp per unit but cost 120% more gold per unit than Chosen(shield). Aspiring Champions are underpowered , they need reworks to make them competitive and different from Chosen(shield).
My Suggestion : increase hp per unit to 396(4752 total HP), increase WS to 90(38AP and 52Base Damage), remove Vanguard Deployment, add Perfect Vigor, increase cost to 1100g. Unit cap: MAX 2.

Comments

• tank3487tank3487 Member Posts: 1,356Registered Users
    edited November 1
    alpaca2 said:

remove Vanguard Deployment

This is bad suggestion. There is plenty of elite infantry in Chaos already. While i do think that AC need some buff. Vanguard has some role in roster and it is quite cool option to drop on top of enemy armored elite infantry.
  • UagrimUagrim Posts: 656Registered Users
    tank3487 said:

alpaca2 said:

This is bad suggestion. There is plenty of elite infantry in Chaos already. While i do think that AC need some buff. Vanguard has some role in roster and it is quite cool option to drop on top of enemy armored elite infantry.
    Aspiring Champions don't rely have units to support in the vanguard area.

Warhounds and skirmish cav don't do well being combined with a 12 men heavy infantry unit.

Maybe a price increase and give them another buff to units around them beside encourage?
  • alpaca2alpaca2 Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited November 1
    tank3487 said:

alpaca2 said:

WoC should be a faction with some elite infantries. Chosens(all) are too pricey, bring them to a MP game is not a good idea,most WoC players will not use them.
    Aspiring Champions are too slow to be a vanguard unit, they can not escape when they are found by the enemy,vanguard them means feed a slow and helpless 550g to your enemy.
  • hanenhanen Posts: 347Registered Users
    edited November 1
    - Vanguard
    +12 LD aura instead of Encourage(like the relique in the Brets roster)
  • OrkLadsOrkLads Posts: 1,375Registered Users
    A bound ability could be a good fit for them, even with a cost increase.
  • alpaca2alpaca2 Posts: 20Registered Users
    OrkLads said:

A bound ability could be a good fit for them, even with a cost increase.

Exactly, they need some tools to make them useful.
  • The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Posts: 218Registered Users
    hanen said:

- Vanguard
    +12 LD aura instead of Encourage(like the relique in the Brets roster)

Really like this
  • SarmatiansSarmatians Posts: 3,229Registered Users
    Why would you touch my Aspiring Champions? :(

I'm having so much fun vanguarding them into unsuspecting enemies...
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Posts: 1,355Registered Users

Why would you touch my Aspiring Champions? :(

I'm having so much fun vanguarding them into unsuspecting enemies...

Exactly, mass chaos vanguard is the best strat!
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw
  • sonofabhorashsonofabhorash Posts: 78Registered Users
    The WoC as a whole lacks a lot of things and this wont save them they are soo much lackluster
    I have already made a peace with my soul and will be waiting for the Warhammer 3 cause you know.. the end times is commin, right?
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 2,959Registered Users
    They need other units to have vanguard, such as marauder infantry. If not, then remove the vanguard trait and give them a price drop.

They need other units to have vanguard, such as marauder infantry. If not, then remove the vanguard trait and give them a price drop.

You have dogs, you have horsemasters, you have Aspiring champions. Chaos can field whole army in vanguard if needed. And it is works if map are good for vanguard and enemy are not prepared.
    I do think that AC can have a buff, but removing vanguard from them are just not fun.
  • UagrimUagrim Posts: 656Registered Users
    tank3487 said:

You have dogs, you have horsemasters, you have Aspiring champions. Chaos can field whole army in vanguard if needed. And it is works if map are good for vanguard and enemy are not prepared.
    I do think that AC can have a buff, but removing vanguard from them are just not fun.
    Are aspiring champions worth it in large groups?

Cause their stats are comparable to chosen but they suffer from low model count and if you have enough of them to equal one unit of chosen you have enough funds to buy 2 basic chosen and have some spare change.

And both hounds and horsemasters are focused on mobility, aspiring champions might be fast for infantry but they aren't fast enough to fight alongside hounds.
    Uagrim said:

Are aspiring champions worth it in large groups?

There is working antiSkaven build that involve Aspiritng champions, horsemasters and direwolves all placed in vanguard.
    Uagrim said:

And both hounds and horsemasters are focused on mobility, aspiring champions might be fast for infantry but they aren't fast enough to fight alongside hounds.

Key thing are that aspiring champs mow down/tie infantry. While dogos and horsemasters find gaps to kill range fast. After you get rid of range you can finish tought targets with horsemasters fire.
    It is very map dependant and rely on surpsrise factor, but working option.
  • SarmatiansSarmatians Posts: 3,229Registered Users
    Aspiring champions are also quite resilient to charges from mid tier, non AP cav, due to a combination of very high MD and 120 armour.

And now that doggos can be vanguarded, you can have a decent vanguard force on some maps.