Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Grom vs Tor Yvresse starting positions

IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,509
Hello, Grom deniers. While we wait for a DLC we are not so sure of, lets talk about the one after it.
Specially Grom¡s starting position.

Theres a chance they replace Top Knotz with Grom so they can sail *via-quest to Tor Yvresse
Like here:

Or they could start with one minor settlement in here and just conquer Tor Yvresse and continue with all of Ulthuan, maybe ally with Dark Elves for some extra power.

This is only Vortex campaign, if you think Grom SHOULD start somewhere else, go ahead and show us but plesae include a map and the faction they would replace or settlement they would occupy.
*Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
*Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
*Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
*Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 25,215
    He should start in the southlands.

The story:
    After his Ulthuan invasion failed he managed to flee to the southlands. There he took over a local tribe and preparing for his next try to invade Ulthuan.

The Southlands need another starting position.
    In ME he Would start in the new GS settlement, the black pit. The faction is the same like the GS faction in the Southlands next to Tiktacto.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    Somewhere in Cothique, maybe.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,509
    Important thing is that Ulthuan needs an initial challenge, strating IN Ulthuan spices the brawl and brings a new race to the fight so we can stop the minor DE vs legendary HE Ulthuan fight for power.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,071
    Somewhere in Naggaroth.

Important thing is that Ulthuan needs an initial challenge, strating IN Ulthuan spices the brawl and brings a new race to the fight so we can stop the minor DE vs legendary HE Ulthuan fight for power.

Ulthuan should be a fortress. It already is besieged by Noctilus, Manlinessa and minor DE. And if CA really need to add someone then I might allow the Dark Elves or Skaven.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,377
    Couldn't he start on Albion in the Vortex?
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,509

Couldn't he start on Albion in the Vortex?

Yes, altough he would have to pass trough Tyrion's land before getting to Yvresse.

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,818
    I thought that it was stated that it wasn't clear what happened after he disappeared. He could be anywhere.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,823

Somewhere in Naggaroth.

Ulthuan should be a fortress. It already is besieged by Noctilus, Manlinessa and minor DE. And if CA really need to add someone then I might allow the Dark Elves or Skaven.
    bretonia and dawi should rule ulthuan
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,132
    Eltharion should be in the Southlands Badlands.

Grom in west Ulthuan.

They're both in position to fight across Ulthuan like that.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,818
    Crossil said:

Grom in west Ulthuan.

I really hope they don't railroad him quite as much as they did Markus.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his campaign a lot, but it would be nice to go attack the Dark Elves as the Empire once in a while without a near 100% guarantee that the Lizardmen are going to pay me a backdoor visit.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,687
    Sephlock said:

Crossil said:

Grom in west Ulthuan.

I really hope they don't railroad him quite as much as they did Markus.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his campaign a lot, but it would be nice to go attack the Dark Elves as the Empire once in a while without a near 100% guarantee that the Lizardmen are going to pay me a backdoor visit.
    the whole "aggression" mechanic is a decent idea but hte execution was only half way done... It should only affect attacks on Lizardmen, not taking on Skaven, Dark Elves or Vampire Coast...
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,966

*looks at current campaign where Lothern is #3 to Naggarond's #2, and Malekith hasn't even absorbed Morathi yet*

I keep hearing about High Elves always being on the top behind the player's faction, but I'm just never seeing it...

If you really want him to start off as an immediate threat to Ulthuan, the Ruins of Sardenath would probably be the logical place to put him.

Outside of that... I'm somewhat inclined to say eastern Naggaroth. Fluffwise, there's supposed to be greenskins in Naggaroth, and it would be nice to see that represented in-game. He can be given a hefty relationship penalty with High Elves so that after he establishes himself, he's more likely to pick fights with High Elf factions and head east rather than duke it out with the Druchii for control of Naggaroth.
    edited November 2019
    Draxynnic said:

*looks at current campaign where Lothern is #3 to Naggarond's #2, and Malekith hasn't even absorbed Morathi yet*

I keep hearing about High Elves always being on the top behind the player's faction, but I'm just never seeing it...

If you really want him to start off as an immediate threat to Ulthuan, the Ruins of Sardenath would probably be the logical place to put him.

Outside of that... I'm somewhat inclined to say eastern Naggaroth. Fluffwise, there's supposed to be greenskins in Naggaroth, and it would be nice to see that represented in-game. He can be given a hefty relationship penalty with High Elves so that after he establishes himself, he's more likely to pick fights with High Elf factions and head east rather than duke it out with the Druchii for control of Naggaroth.
    High Elves are the most consistent race as far as reaching top 3 goes as long as the player doesn't mess with them in every single update thus far(aside from Vortex VP update but ME didn't change even then). Every time their island gets united without fail. At least DE have a potential to collapse early game or are occupied by enemies in their homeland for more than 20 turns.

The logical place for Grom is almost any coastal Outer Kingdom settlement. I actually propose Salvation Island or the ruined Tor Anroc. So if we have Eltharion in the east they will eventually come to clash across Ulthuan. Putting Grom on Naggaroth just takes his attention away from Ulthuan if he's in AI's hands and that is counterproductive imo.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,448
    For the Vortex Campaign it should be Grom in Yvresse with Eltharion on campaign in the Naggrond. Eltharion would be in control of Yvresse but without the ability to field new armies until returning to Yvresse, or something along those lines.

Grom Start Pos

Eltharion Start Pos

Mortal Empires is a little more complicated, Eltharion should either start in the Badlands in one of two places. Potentially moving Wurzzag South to the Southern Jungles.

Grom on the other hand its hard to say.... Maybe Massif Orcal? Leading the Skull Smashas? Sounds like an interesting start pos, Close enough to the Elves to try to reconquest the isles of Ulthan but far enough away to provide a separate play experience.
    Yeah I'd Say that for ME Grom should Start here.

• FredenFreden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 403
    Im just worried CA will give whatever settlement Grom starts in an orc model settlement. For example I would hate to see for example Tor Anroc (Lets just pretend Grom would start there) on the campaign map be an orc model settlement.
    Taking over Tor Anroc from Grom as the high Elves, and forever see it in the shape of a stinking orc settlement on the campaign map will ruin my immhurshun!
    Freden said:

Im just worried CA will give whatever settlement Grom starts in an orc model settlement. For example I would hate to see for example Tor Anroc (Lets just pretend Grom would start there) on the campaign map be an orc model settlement.
    Taking over Tor Anroc from Grom as the high Elves, and forever see it in the shape of a stinking orc settlement on the campaign map will ruin my immhurshun!

But we already have factions starting in settlements that are visibly of other race's models.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,973
    edited November 2019
    Sardenath island look like good place for Grom in both campaign. CA can easy add this island to ME.
    Ulthuan will be more interesting with Greenskins Legendary Lord in both campaigns.
    Also, We need Dark Elves Legendary lord in West Ulthuan for both campaigns.

Eltharion should start in Galbaraz in Badlands for both campaingns. It will be interesting to have High Elves campaign focus to fight against Greenskins and Tomb Kings. But If you want, you can go back to Yvresse.

We have dynamic start positions option. If you play Grom and/or Aranessa Saltspite, Eltharion should start in Yvresse.
    Post edited by Labria on
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    #JusticeforTzeentch
    Labria said:

Sardenath island look like good place for Grom in both campaign.

I think it would be more interesting if Grom starts in Yvresse only in the Vortex, with Eltharion in Naggrond. That way you can play Groms invasion of Ulthan narrative.

Then in Mortal Empires, you play as Eltharion in the Badlands exterminating Orks like he did after defeating Groms Waaah with Grom off somewhere rebuilding for a 2nd invasion of Ulthan.
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 809
    The best way to improve the ME campaign, for all factions, is to incorporate Lore events in the form of invasions. I'll give HE's and Grom as an example.

Rather than have multiple Choas respawns, you could space them out, and have a Grom Waaaa event, where a big 5 stack goblin and orc horde appears off the east coast of Ulthuan, around turn 25.

Later, a dark elf incursion, headed by Malekieth, again 5/6 stacks on the west coast.

Then later, a Choas invasion.

For Dwarf's, it would be Skaven, Goblins etc...

For me, Grom should land on the east coast. Elthrorian will be in the north fighting DE's. But he can't be too far away as some have suggested, or he will never make it back in time to save the city.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,968
    PTree said:

The best way to improve the ME campaign, for all factions, is to incorporate Lore events in the form of invasions. I'll give HE's and Grom as an example.

Rather than have multiple Choas respawns, you could space them out, and have a Grom Waaaa event, where a big 5 stack goblin and orc horde appears off the east coast of Ulthuan, around turn 25.

Later, a dark elf incursion, headed by Malekieth, again 5/6 stacks on the west coast.

Then later, a Choas invasion.

For Dwarf's, it would be Skaven, Goblins etc...

For me, Grom should land on the east coast. Elthrorian will be in the north fighting DE's. But he can't be too far away as some have suggested, or he will never make it back in time to save the city.

That goes into the whole end game crisis discussion. I agree whole heartedly as long as it's never predictable or the same thing twice.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!