Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Goblin cost reduction

WanadWanad Posts: 1Registered Users
Goblins aren't as cost effective as they should be (IMO vs lore and tabletop)

Maybe they should have a -50 cost reduction?

As in common goblins cost 250, night goblins cost 350?

Also, I don't see why there isn't a vanilla common goblin unit (handweapons) and one with spears that actually is anti-large. Many units from other factions (Bretonnian men at arms, clanrats, Saurus warriors, skeletons) have both handweapon and spear variants like in TT, but goblins (which have both variants in TT) have only one type in total war.

Comments

• Green0Green0 Posts: 5,160Registered Users
    edited November 2
    Goblins need cost increase, not cost reduction.
  • another505another505 Posts: 992Registered Users
    They have spears that make them able to poke at regular size targets. Men at arms and even skavens are average human height to allow them poke bigger targets.

I think Gobbos are fine, i see them used quite a lot.

I think ork boys need a bit of help. maybe HP
  • zer0zer0 Posts: 302Registered Users
    Yeah goblins trade with eternal guard under waaaagh and make excellent screening troops with silver shields for only 300 gold.
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Posts: 4,423Registered Users
    goblins are an exceptionally good unit.
  • ChaunChaun Junior Member Posts: 63Registered Users
    All greenskin infantry units are quite cost effective. Unless Wagh gets changed I dont think they should get any buffs.
  • glosskilosglosskilos Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    Goblins are fine the way they are, no buffs or nerfs needed. Please don’t try to fix things that aren’t broken.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,097Registered Users
    eumaies said:

goblins are an exceptionally good unit.

Yeah.... Don't they have some of the best stats of any chaff unit.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• hanenhanen Posts: 347Registered Users
    edited November 3
    Any sort of cost decrease should come with a big nerf.

For 50g the silver shields should go away and probably some stats.

I think they are fine as they are.
  • ystyst Posts: 6,054Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

Whatever it is, completely negated by the seriously low ld. Pretty much on par with clan rats and man at arms.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • Theo91Theo91 Posts: 973Registered Users
    I think goblins are priced fine. I wouldn’t object to weapon variants though. The only issue with that is it’s only really useful for mp so probably not a hugely smart use of CA resources
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,622Registered Users
    Give them longer spears and proper +4-+6 BvL.

Or leave their stats as they are but remove the spears and give them handweapons.

VISHOOL DISKONNECC!

• WitchbladeWitchblade Posts: 323Registered Users
    Extensive testing by Tzu shows all goblin variants perform well for their gold cost. That's even without the Waagh and taking silver shields into account, which altogether make goblins a great unit. Personally, I would like to see Waagh nerfed and goblins made cheaper, but as it stands, goblins do not deserve buffs.
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Posts: 691Registered Users
    Goblins do well as far as chaff goes in 1 vs 1 situations and have extra perk of silver shield. So def do not deserve 250g cost.

What does deserve a cost increase is the eight peak loonies which for 600 are too cheap.
  • OrkLadsOrkLads Posts: 1,375Registered Users

Goblins do well as far as chaff goes in 1 vs 1 situations and have extra perk of silver shield. So def do not deserve 250g cost.

What does deserve a cost increase is the eight peak loonies which for 600 are too cheap.

The 8 peak loonies are too cheap at 600 imo. Too much of an autoinclude in too many builds. They could use a +50
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Posts: 691Registered Users
    I think they maybe should stay at 600 but lose the fanatics. (though lore wise they suit them)

and then the other ROR night goblins should get the fanatics and cost 600g as well
  • OrkLadsOrkLads Posts: 1,375Registered Users

I think they maybe should stay at 600 but lose the fanatics. (though lore wise they suit them)

and then the other ROR night goblins should get the fanatics and cost 600g as well

Nah, they definitely need to keep their fanatics that is a big part of the unit. They even have custom fanatics that are more powerful and have different balls so CA isn't going to change that.

I think just a price increase of either +25 or +50 would be enough. They are a good unit, no doubt, but statwise they are just goblins at the end of the day and there is a limited amount of problems they can cause.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,097Registered Users
    yst said:

OdTengri said:

Whatever it is, completely negated by the seriously low ld. Pretty much on par with clan rats and man at arms.
    Except not.... Since low leadership penalties are brought on by things like "loosing engagement" and "Damage Sustained"

Higher stats means that they are less likely to be "loosing engagement" and lengthens the amount of time before "Damage Sustained" starts to kick in.

I rather like Goblins.... I think they are very efficient for their cost. If anything I think they are under costed.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Posts: 218Registered Users
    Reduce the waagh and then goblins can get reductions.

Waagh's MA buff is just too high at the moment.

CB and leadership should really be what it offers Imo, then goblins can be reduced in price.
  • sonofabhorashsonofabhorash Posts: 78Registered Users
    The gobbos are fine the waagh makes them very viable
    The orcish cav could be revised -the spider riders have basically pushed the boar cav out of game
    Im no loremaster but did the boar cav really sucked that much?
  • The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Posts: 218Registered Users
    Yeah they were never any good
  • another505another505 Posts: 992Registered Users

The gobbos are fine the waagh makes them very viable
    The orcish cav could be revised -the spider riders have basically pushed the boar cav out of game
    Im no loremaster but did the boar cav really sucked that much?

If GS heavy cav gets buffed, the light cavs need to be nerfed.
    Currently, those light cavs are too cost effective in controlling the battlefield. GS got so much already.
  • glosskilosglosskilos Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    They don’t need waaagh to be viable they’re an amazing chaff unit without it.
  • tzurugbytzurugby Posts: 262Registered Users
    I could definitely get on board with another goblin variant, unshielded and even cheaper. I also would not mind seeing a forest goblin infantry variant or two. Hopefully with the Greenskin rework they will flush them out enough to go deeper still on themed armies.
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Posts: 1,355Registered Users
    edited November 4
    OdTengri said:

yst said:

OdTengri said:

Except not.... Since low leadership penalties are brought on by things like "loosing engagement" and "Damage Sustained"

Higher stats means that they are less likely to be "loosing engagement" and lengthens the amount of time before "Damage Sustained" starts to kick in.

I rather like Goblins.... I think they are very efficient for their cost. If anything I think they are under costed.
    Eh, at 44 LD night gobbos have one of the worst LD's of any living melee unit barring a few pure chaff units, and the worst LD of any living unit in their price range except peasant bows and night gobbo archers. A rear charge+terror can easily be enough to throw them into rout.
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw
  • ystyst Posts: 6,054Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

Where u get higher stats, of clanrats, men at arms, ungors, goblins the worst of the worst of them. Thats why they r priced the cheapest because theyre the worst of the pack
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/