Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nvidia Overlay, overly power consumptive with as things stand now?

Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 230Registered Users
Hey,

I just noticed in 2 seperate games, Nier Automata & Total War Warhammer 2, that enabling nvidia overlay increases loads on the gpu by almost a 100%!

With both games i had them set to use around 30% powerdraw which spiked to 60% ( continu ) if i enabled the Nvidia Overlay function ( Ansel and stuff )

This could lead too settings that suddenly work a lot different for you. For example i removed FAR and another graphical mod after noticing a lot of slow downs with Nier Automata earlier this day because of slowdowns that suddenly appeared.

When i booted up Warhammer just now, the OSD i normally use sprang into action revealing these abnormal figures. Abnormal because those figures where the reason i dropped a few settings so my p.c. stayed on a decent temperature level ( 40 degrees )

I certainly don't hope that this is the reason why i kept seeing different figures these past years. Blaming the whole world why my gpu's suddenly needed to use so much power etc etc etc

In any case, if your noticing the same results with and without let me know. It might be handy to check. 30% extra is not a small inconvenience unless you are using a 2080 or up

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,327Registered Users
    As a general rule, I murder overlays because they cause problems too often.
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 230Registered Users
    psychoak said:

As a general rule, I murder overlays because they cause problems too often.

That seems to be a wise decision. I've heard it before but this is the first time i actually found some ground to disable an overlay

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’