Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hard crash no CTRL-ALT-DEL

gecko1969gecko1969 Posts: 2Registered Users
ATM I am running the latest Nvidia drivers, installed with the clean install option as of 11/0402019 on 780Ti card. Disabled all MODs. Game is able to start, choose New Campaign, select ME, next screen loads to allow me to select faction/LL, can start to scroll for a moment, then screen freezes, audio plays for a bit longer, then goes silent. Can not CTRL-ALT-DEL, or ALT-TAB. Hard freeze requiring a hard reboot/or reset. No error codes, no info in the Windows logs. Win10 Home.
Tagged:

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,054Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Try going to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2 and delete the following folders:

advice_history
    army_setups
    battle_preferences
    fx_cache
    ui_cache
    Scripts

Then clear your Steam download cache and verify the game cache. Then try a fresh campaign with no mods.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • gecko1969gecko1969 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Did as you advised. No errors on validation. Made the same steps in OP, same result. Seen others have uninstalled the game and Nvidia drivers. Should I take this route? Should I run something like CCleaner after uninstalling? Last time the game worked right was about three weeks ago. How do I roll back to a stable version of this game? Thanks for the help so far.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,054Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    You could have a go at uninstalling, but don't forget to remove the Appdata folder after backing up any saves/replays you want to keep. Ccleaner would probably be good as well.

If you'd prefer to roll back the build, I'd suspect it shows as public beta in the appropriate preference area on Steam. That should be the last one before a recent update.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file