Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are blood knights too weak?

Tan_YuTan_Yu Posts: 22Registered Users
Okay, so I have played VC in MP for a while. BK and Terrorgheists have been acting as my only hope against the giant beasts under many occasions. However, while the giant flying bat works fine, BK does seem a bit ineffective for their cost ------ they still can do some pretty good job on harvesting chaff infantry, but when facing the monsters they just don't seem to do that much damage, even if they can get an isolated charge. Am I using them the wrong way, or do they just need a buff?

Comments

  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,729Registered Users
    Tan_Yu said:

    Okay, so I have played VC in MP for a while. BK and Terrorgheists have been acting as my only hope against the giant beasts under many occasions. However, while the giant flying bat works fine, BK does seem a bit ineffective for their cost ------ they still can do some pretty good job on harvesting chaff infantry, but when facing the monsters they just don't seem to do that much damage, even if they can get an isolated charge. Am I using them the wrong way, or do they just need a buff?

    NO they not, they probably bit too good for their cost to be honest, im not saying the need nerfs but they are overturned.
  • AsamuAsamu Posts: 581Registered Users
    No. Blood knights are fantastic.

    Monsters are just insanely good vs cavalry, because they get their full splash attacks, and cavalry units have half the models that infantry units do with higher hp/entity, so monsters are doing large amounts of damage consistently. Blood knights shred monstrous infantry units and are strong against most other cavalry.

    If there was a separate splash attack check vs cavalry with a lower target limit or something, it'd fix the problem, but that's not something that can even be modded in AFAIK.
  • Green0Green0 Posts: 5,160Registered Users
    u likely used them wrongly, in past metas when VC were super OP you could throw them into any engagement and heal cap them, now you need to actually use their CB wisely and disengage from bad fights.
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Posts: 1,356Registered Users
    Green0 said:

    u likely used them wrongly, in past metas when VC were super OP you could throw them into any engagement and heal cap them, now you need to actually use their CB wisely and disengage from bad fights.

    Despite all pluses that BKs has they are not that good vs armored Monsters. They are mostly nonAP cavalry that relies on charge. Without support, it is not so great vs armored SEMs if the enemy use something to prevent complete surround.

    TGs and banshees are the best tools that VC has if you want to deal with armored Monster.
  • Green0Green0 Posts: 5,160Registered Users
    tank3487 said:

    Green0 said:

    u likely used them wrongly, in past metas when VC were super OP you could throw them into any engagement and heal cap them, now you need to actually use their CB wisely and disengage from bad fights.

    Despite all pluses that BKs has they are not that good vs armored Monsters. They are mostly nonAP cavalry that relies on charge. Without support, it is not so great vs armored SEMs if the enemy use something to prevent complete surround.

    TGs and banshees are the best tools that VC has if you want to deal with armored Monster.
    which armored monsters are we talking about here? Because until 90-100 armor, Bloodknights do very well.

    They also beat Demigryph Knights 1v1, so I have to wonder vs which specific monster/target you're unhappy with their performance.
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Posts: 1,356Registered Users
    Green0 said:


    which armored monsters are we talking about here?

    Saurian, RoR Necrokitty, Those big TKs Colossus, RoR Necrofex. Such things are quite bad targets for BKs especially if you prevent surround.
    I do not say that BKs are bad or need buffs, they are not. But they do have limitations and you should not forget that they are nonAP. And in such cases TGs are better.
  • Green0Green0 Posts: 5,160Registered Users
    tank3487 said:

    Green0 said:


    which armored monsters are we talking about here?

    Saurian, RoR Necrokitty, Those big TKs Colossus, RoR Necrofex. Such things are quite bad targets for BKs especially if you prevent surround.
    I do not say that BKs are bad or need buffs, they are not. But they do have limitations and you should not forget that they are nonAP. And in such cases TGs are better.
    none of the monsters you mention have more than 100 armor though... I don't consider 100 armor impossible to crack with purely AL, non-AP cav. Especially since BK have 13 base AP + BvL which brings their AP to like 16-17, not bad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file