Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Text on event-choices is not showing up & Avelorn start-missions bug (unmodded game)

CeldaricCeldaric Posts: 8Registered Users
Hello, this will be a lengthy explaination but hopefully it will all make sense. And just to start of with saying, the game is completely unmodded and completely reinstalled since 3 days ago, and all the graphic-drivers are up to date as well :)

The build-version of the game is: 12104.1770049 , and v1.7.2. Save.game-file and modified.log is included at the bottom.

Firstly, the missing text on event-choices.
When you get events pop up that are both general ones or race-specific, and which have choices, they would all show the different options in the form of colored bars (color changing due to faction). Underneath each of the bars would be a symbol of some kind, symbolizing the reward. Hovering over this symbol would display a small text telling what the reward was, but that is not the problem I am experiencing.

The problem is that the text which would appear when you hover over the different choices, no longer show up. This text would be kind of a lore-related explaination behind the choice, not so much as telling about the reward but more of the motive behind this particular choice.
I included a screenshot from an Avelorn-playthrough in the Vortex Campaign which had one of the race-specific events pop up (sorry for slightly pixelated text but it happened when I reduced the size of the image). The mouse-cursor did not show up in the screenshot for some reason, but you can see that I had it hovering over the top-left choice, Employ The Messenger, which is highlighted.
If you have seen the text that is supposed to accompany the choices in these kind of High Elf-events, you know that it is all about either political powergames or how the Phoenix King can basically do whatever he wants ;)

I have had this kind of issue in both Vortex and Mortal empires campaigns as different races and factions, and I can only remember it having been an issue since The Hunter and the Beast patch (1.7), although I cannot say for certain if it is tied to that one or the 1.7.2 balancing-patch.

Secondly, the bug with the starting-missions for Avelorn.
In the second screenshot I have the settlement-panel for Avelorn up, along with the mission, Enhance Perfection. The objective of this mission is to construct a Tower (a level 3 settlement-building) and you automatically get it at turn 2 I think. As you can see in Tor Saroir, I have the level 3 Settlement, built since many turns ago, but the mission has not completed.
Not shown in the screenshot is The Shrine of Khaine-settlement, where I have also constructed a Tower but it did not complete the mission either.
I remember this mission not completing since the launch of The Queen & The Crone DLC. It has however been a fair few months since I last played Avelorn so maybe it got fixed at some point but now is broken again?

Thirdly
The first mission you get as Avelorn to capture a settlement belonging to the Scourge of Khaine faction, which triggers right after the introductory narration done by Alarielle. This mission did not proc on this campaign I took the screenshots from, and not from another one which I started seperately to test. The mission has always procced when I last played as Avelorn, but that was a long time ago, before patch 1.7 at least. As the other playthroughs I have done lately, these kind of start-missions come up and is completed without any issues.

Hope this information helps, and that it was okay-ishly written. Thanks in advance for looking into this issues :D

Tagged:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file