Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

QoL patch realistic expectations

IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Posts: 109Registered Users
Realistic: Data clean up and saving armies formation, gor roks mace

Ideal: Turn times, portholes, performance graphic optimization, diplomacy improved , bigger map, fixed and lighter main menu.
, etc

Comments

• TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Posts: 853Registered Users
    Thanks for another thread on the QOL patch expectations. We can add it to the other 1000 that say more or less the exactl the same thing.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 630Registered Users
    edited November 8
    Given the information we were given is that it wouldn't be an immediately 'noticeable' change but something that will benefit the trilogy overall, I think realistically we wont even fully know what the main stay of these QoL changes will be. We will get a bunch of fixes in the patch notes, as usual, but i think the types of things they will be doing are the sorts of things they didn't do (but should have done) with Norsca and the release of Game 2, i.e. prepare the content of Game 2 to continue seamlessly with the content of Game 3 at launch.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Posts: 109Registered Users
    edited November 8

Thanks for another thread on the QOL patch expectations. We can add it to the other 1000 that say more or less the exactl the same thing.

You are welcome

Given the information we were given is that it wouldn't be an immediately 'noticeable' change but something that will benefit the trilogy overall, I think realistically we wont even fully know what the main stay of these QoL changes will be. We will get a bunch of fixes in the patch notes, as usual, but i think the types of things they will be doing are the sorts of things they didn't do (but should have done) with Norsca and the release of Game 2, i.e. prepare the content of Game 2 to continue seamlessly with the content of Game 3 at launch.

Yes but that looks more like WHs3 development than a WH2 fix/patch, specially if we are sticking to WH2 for at least 1 full year. I mean everything WH3 focused should stay in development and we should only get things that improve our gameplay not the implementation of the next game, that's not our problem.
  • markusasmarkusas Posts: 62Registered Users
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 1,011Registered Users
    QoL that is not visible is not QoL...
    steph74 said:

Yeah its like "hey your life is better now. How? You won't notice it but it is. mm, okay I guess?"

steph74 said:

Yeah its like "hey your life is better now. How? You won't notice it but it is. mm, okay I guess?"
    Wont notice it in this game, but if we see this project as a trilogy instead of three separate games then it would make sense.

If they released a patch alongside Norsca in Game 1 and said that it would not change anything noticeable but would prevent a huge delay in new content when Game 2 launches, that would count as a huge quality of life increase that wasn't immediately noticeable.

steph74 said:

Wont notice it in this game, but if we see this project as a trilogy instead of three separate games then it would make sense.

If they released a patch alongside Norsca in Game 1 and said that it would not change anything noticeable but would prevent a huge delay in new content when Game 2 launches, that would count as a huge quality of life increase that wasn't immediately noticeable.
    But in this case, the QoL is replacing an Old World race rework. It should be huge and noticable. I think fixes for WH3 should be dropped randomly on any date like " hey heres a patch that focuses on the future" nobody would bat and eye. But in this case is replacing something we wanted for something we don't even get.

steph74 said:

But in this case, the QoL is replacing an Old World race rework. It should be huge and noticable. I think fixes for WH3 should be dropped randomly on any date like " hey heres a patch that focuses on the future" nobody would bat and eye. But in this case is replacing something we wanted for something we don't even get.
    I agree, QoL changes should be noticeable, but in this case they have expressively been said not to be. So this is my best theory to explain how this could be.

If the stitching together of game 2 and game 3 requires the sacrificing of one free old world update but it avoids the problems we had when Game 2 released then I wouldn't feel cheated. I, of course, would prefer them to do this AND give me free stuff, but realistically I don't think they owe me this.

I would say time will tell, but if they are using this time to avoid a catastrophic delay later on, they would be unlikely to tell us that!

steph74 said:

I agree, QoL changes should be noticeable, but in this case they have expressively been said not to be. So this is my best theory to explain how this could be.

If the stitching together of game 2 and game 3 requires the sacrificing of one free old world update but it avoids the problems we had when Game 2 released then I wouldn't feel cheated. I, of course, would prefer them to do this AND give me free stuff, but realistically I don't think they owe me this.

I would say time will tell, but if they are using this time to avoid a catastrophic delay later on, they would be unlikely to tell us that!
    Because maybe when the last/final WH2 DLC drops, they can use the window time till WH3 (probably 1 year) to introduce fixes and preparations for WH3. If they do it while we are still expecting new content for current game, its I dunno.
    edited November 8

steph74 said:

Because maybe when the last/final WH2 DLC drops, they can use the window time till WH3 (probably 1 year) to introduce fixes and preparations for WH3. If they do it while we are still expecting new content for current game, its I dunno.
    I don't think there will realistically be a gap of 1 year between the last DLC coming out and Game 3 releasing.

Again though, I do agree that i'd prefer them to do this kind of work on top of FLC updates not instead of it, but if this is in fact what 'QoL changes' means we can't really complain. They don't owe us FLC content. And I would say that a flawless release of Game 3 (unlike the mess we had when Game 2 released) is worth it.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,563Registered Users
    Based on what was said, I suspect that we won't notice much.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 434Registered Users
    I think the December update is going to mostly be under-the-hood changes that will will make the game run better rather than changes the player will directly see and interact with. Optimization, bug clean up, fixing the atrocious spaghetti code that this series has been running on since Empire, removing hard-code limitations, etc. Hopefully CA makes it so the game runs using more than one CPU core.
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,674Registered Users
    Another hole in some shoulder of character "A" fixed.
    They may fix the wrists of Kroxigors.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 829Registered Users
    Did they mention any gate bug fix?
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 456Registered Users
    Also remember we are getting this LP/faster than the last few so can't really compare it to a overhaul update.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,352Registered Users
    They literally said under the hood changes. So we can expect precisely not much.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,468Registered Users
    For me ideal would be fixing whatever is making the game loading times ridiculously long. It's not end turn times, it's loading times that last for minutes.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,086Registered Users
    An improvement to diplomacy conversation would be great.

Maybe they will get it fixed next decade. Some pal told me this bug exists in Total War since one of Rome games.
    makar55 said:

Maybe they will get it fixed next decade. Some pal told me this bug exists in Total War since one of Rome games.
    There's a small chance it may be addressed in WH3.

Does it exist in 3k?
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 829Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

makar55 said:

Does it exist in 3k?
    I've heard that it can be spotted in an old video on the YouTube official channel, before the game was released, but don't quote me on that.
    Sephlock said:

makar55 said:

Does it exist in 3k?
    No idea, I did not play 3K.