Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Amd ryzen 3 2200g and vega 8

Turk_in_disquiseTurk_in_disquise Posts: 8Registered Users
Can this ^ run shogun 2 and rome 2 on high settings ?

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,327Registered Users
    Shogun 2 maybe, not Rome 2, not even close.

The 2200G is a very weak processor. For comparison, it's about on par with my old i5 2500k, which was pretty new when Shogun 2 came out, so that works out relatively well. The video capabilities of the Vega 8, are bottom end though. I had a 560 Ti at the time, worked it real hard, but my system ran the game at 2560x1440 with high graphics.

Vega 8 is about half as strong as that, medium should work. Large unit sizes are going to murder the poor thing in Rome 2, even with the rest of the graphics turned down low you will never see good performance in a large battle.

The 3200G is a much stronger processor, but it's really not practical to play modern games with integrated graphics. Vega 11 is damned impressive, but it's still ten year old performance. You'd be missing a bunch of technology if you tried to use a 580 to play current games, but raw power wise, it beats even the best in integrated graphics, handily.

Unless that Vega 8 is a temporary stopgap until you buy a video card, it's far from an ideal decision.