Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If Dark Elves Are The Next Lord Pack, Can We Expect Only Three New Units?

SaborSabor Posts: 222Registered Users
Afternoon everyone, so with the next DLC right around the corner I was reviewing the potential units that could come with a lord pack featuring the Dark Elves. After reviewing the missing dark elf units list (https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/251398/dark-elves-lord-pack-missing-ll-units-lore-draft#latest thank you AsaRin for putting this together by the way) it is clear Dark Elves don't have a lot left to offer. What we can honestly expect from the Dark Elves side of the lord pack is
The Scourgeunner chariot

the Medusae (potentially with a bloodwrack shrine mount)

and a new lord in the form of a Black Ark Fleetmaster

or High Beastmaster

So realistically two new units and a lord. Is there anything else anyone can think of that really is a unique new unit that is new to the Dark Elf roster that is not a weapon variant. I am excited for the Medusae personally, but only the Medusae and a chariot seems kind of...meh to me. What is everyone else's thoughts?

Comments

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 781Registered Users
    Yes, only 3 units and a lord, just like what Skaven got in P&W, DE are not really missing anything else from their army book and they dont have much supplement stuff, so I would be glad if Skaven got 5 or 4 units like the Lizardmen got in the P&W
    Soon
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,352Registered Users
    3 units. Medusa, Medusa Chariot, Beast tamer chariot.

I wouldn't be surprised if a 4th random unit was added. Realistically though the DE don't have many niches to fill. They're basically done.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,567Registered Users

I wouldn't be surprised if a 4th random unit was added. Realistically though the DE don't have many niches to fill. They're basically done.

The Dark Elf animated armor that someone mentioned, just because a certain subset of fun haters just absolutely hates the idea of golem units. Also because they're cool.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,615Registered Users
    I wouldn't be surprised if CA makes a new variant for a unit like they did with the Sacred Krox.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited November 9
    I think the Medusae, Bloodwrack Shrines, and Scourgerunner Chariots (plus RORs) are the most likely options for the DE. Following that, I suppose that would mean the Beastmaster would be the new lord option.

Personally I hope we get Black Ark Fleetmasters as well as part of a Black Ark rework, but that might be going too far.
    neodeinos said:

I wouldn't be surprised if CA makes a new variant for a unit like they did with the Sacred Krox.

Just so long as they quietly shuffle the guy who thought the WWE elbow drop was a good idea to another part of the project.
  • SelakahSelakah Posts: 335Registered Users
    edited November 9
    They have been pushing thematic Lords with the past couple Lord Packs. They came up with an Ancient Kroxigor and a Hunstman General for the Hunter and the Beast. If Rakarth turns out to be the DLC Lord, I'd expect a Beastmaster Lord; however, if we end up getting Malus, I'd not be surprised if CA just made up a "Demon-Possessed Dreadlord" generic Lord.
    We can only pray for three or four smashy monsters for the Skaven.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 112Registered Users
    If it is DE V Skaven, betting on the Brood Horror being the big show off unit.
    We've seen actual army book units shafted for a made up unit, so wouldn't be shocked if the Chariot or a Meduase variant is missing, or more likely a third Medusae unit is created or even turned into a Lord/Hero.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 501Registered Users
    Selakah said:

They have been pushing thematic Lords with the past couple Lord Packs. They came up with an Ancient Kroxigor and a Hunstman General for the Hunter and the Beast. If Rakarth turns out to be the DLC Lord, I'd expect a Beastmaster Lord; however, if we end up getting Malus, I'd not be surprised if CA just made up a "Demon-Possessed Dreadlord" generic Lord.

If Malus will be in Lord pack, he can have Master hero. B)
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,097Registered Users
    How did you screw this up @Sabor? 1 Generic Lord + 3 Units, and maybe 1 Hero.

Lords
    High Beastmaster (Mounts - Scourgerunner Chariot, Manticore)

Heros
    Dark Elf Master

Units
    Scourgerunner Chariot
    Bloodwracked Medusa
    Bloodwrack Shrine

Technically we are still missing the Blackark Fleet Master but of the two I think he's the one we'll be missing out on.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,536Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

Just so long as they quietly shuffle the guy who thought the WWE elbow drop was a good idea to another part of the project.

Or at least if they're going to do it, make it a "People's Elbow".

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,352Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

The Dark Elf animated armor that someone mentioned, just because a certain subset of fun haters just absolutely hates the idea of golem units. Also because they're cool.
    Darn haters and their addiction to haterhol.

Thing is that was just a lore mention and really adds nothing the DE should have.

I imagine if they wanted to add a random unit they'd add some infantry unit, but there's no niche left. Maybe a pure tank unit, but the DE shouldn't have those.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,097Registered Users
    EVERY ONE GETS A GUNDUM

DARK ELVES GET A GUNDAM

DWARFS GET A GUNDAM

CHAOS DWARFS GET A GUNDAM

ORKS GET A GUNDAM
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

just a lore mention and really adds nothing

Cries in Ghorst
  • ZafrasZafras Posts: 109Registered Users
    None of those units attracts me. I need to see a monster or I'm not liking the dlc, the grim and the graves was and still is my most hated dlc so far because of it. The sad thing is the monster will be either on the HE or Skaven side so DE get will get screwed.
  • SaborSabor Posts: 222Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

How did you screw this up @Sabor? 1 Generic Lord + 3 Units, and maybe 1 Hero.

Lords
    High Beastmaster (Mounts - Scourgerunner Chariot, Manticore)

Heros
    Dark Elf Master

Units
    Scourgerunner Chariot
    Bloodwracked Medusa
    Bloodwrack Shrine

Technically we are still missing the Blackark Fleet Master but of the two I think he's the one we'll be missing out on.

I did not mess anything up o.o CA is extremely reluctant to give us more heroes for some reason. The only new hero we have ever gotten in a lord pack was the Handmaiden in Queen and the Crone ( maybe the ancestors for Belegar, but they are exclusive to Belegar so I do not count them). So in my opinion the likely hood of getting a hero is pretty slim, but i guess not impossible. Considering that the last Lord pack had only 3 new units and a new lord I think it is entirely reasonable to expect 3 units tops.
    They do seem pretty eager to give us lords though, for good and for ill.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    I don't care if it's 3 what i care for is that they are unique looking unit whit a unique role on the field.

For example i would be **** if we get like variants of another unit, but if we get Medusae and Bloodwrack Medusae t and Scourge Runner chariot then i would be happy.
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 834Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

They do seem pretty eager to give us lords though, for good and for ill.

in reality we want race packs... at least that what i want.
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,320Registered Users
    CA might also add these 3 DE-units:

Alongside with DE-Master:

But after the interesting addition of Sacred Kroxigors...a fresh new CA-related DE unit(s) sounds pretty possible IMO.

However, i agree with you...the most important missing units are Medusae, Shrine and the Scourgerunner Chariot (High Beast-boy and Fleetmaster are both cool). If that's the case (only 3 units for the DE side) i hope with all my filthy mortal's heart that our Moulder Rats are gonna get at least 5 new units...

...talking about the likes of:

- Giant Rats or Wolfies
    - Stormfiends
    - Stormfiends with weapon-variant (long range and close range would be perfect)
    - Great Pox Rat or Brood Horror
    - Verminlord (if they won't add it as a lord/hero)

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,615Registered Users

CA might also add these 3 DE-units:

Alongside with DE-Master:

But after the interesting addition of Sacred Kroxigors...a fresh new CA-related DE unit(s) sounds pretty possible IMO.

However, i agree with you...the most important missing units are Medusae, Shrine and the Scourgerunner Chariot (High Beast-boy and Fleetmaster are both cool). If that's the case (only 3 units for the DE side) i hope with all my filthy mortal's heart that our Moulder Rats are gonna get at least 5 new units...

...talking about the likes of:

- Giant Rats or Wolfies
    - Stormfiends
    - Stormfiends with weapon-variant (long range and close range would be perfect)
    - Great Pox Rat or Brood Horror
    - Verminlord (if they won't add it as a lord/hero)

The Slaanesh units would be amazing for Morathi
  • YitterbumYitterbum Posts: 171Registered Users
    They could add the Magma Dragon if they wanted. It had rules in Monstrous Arcanum and a Forgeworld model. It also lived in the mountains of Naggaroth.

• AsamuAsamu Posts: 581Registered Users
    They could also adds beastmasters as a unit. They had non-character models on TT, though were always attached to Hydras.

Lord:
    High Beastmaster

Hero:
    Master

Units:
    Scourgerunner Chariot
    Beastmasters
    Bloodwrack Medusa
    Bloodwrack Shrine

That's everything that's not already in the game that was technically part of the TT roster.

Black ark fleetmasters are already in as part of the black arks, though are just treated as a dreadlord in combat.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,474Registered Users
    edited November 10
    At some point the current Lord Pack model ceases to be viable. For the Delfs that point is all but reached.

We’re going to need a new model at some point which includes more than two DLC Lords or something else to provide worth.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,048Registered Users
    Zafras said:

None of those units attracts me. I need to see a monster or I'm not liking the dlc, the grim and the graves was and still is my most hated dlc so far because of it. The sad thing is the monster will be either on the HE or Skaven side so DE get will get screwed.

What do you think a medusa is?
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 829Registered Users
    If said 3 units are on the same quality level of the 3 that the Skaven received in P&W, I'm fine. I'd rather have 3 useful, good and nice looking units, over 6 mediocre ones.
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,293Registered Users
    Well, the Medusa, Shrines and Scourgerunners finish up the DE unit roster. It's really all they are missing. So if that's what they get, I'll be happy.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 112Registered Users

Zafras said:

Can I have a guess?
    Medusa was a Greek woman who was turned into a monster that turns anyone who gazes into her eyes to stone to simplify any way.

Being serious for a second, I think they mean a large single entity like a Carnosaur, rather than Monstrous Infintry like a Kroxigor. Kinda lame criteria for a lord pack being good or not though.
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,293Registered Users

Zafras said:

Can I have a guess?
    Medusa was a Greek woman who was turned into a monster that turns anyone who gazes into her eyes to stone to simplify any way.

Being serious for a second, I think they mean a large single entity like a Carnosaur, rather than Monstrous Infintry like a Kroxigor. Kinda lame criteria for a lord pack being good or not though.
    Honestly, I guess I'm in the minority. I look forward to Lord Packs for the LLs themselves. Units are just gravy to me. I'm very much looking forward to my favorite faction being completed in December.