Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Beastmen vs Wood Elves dlc.

ZafrasZafras Posts: 109Registered Users
I know that CA said they have no intention to do any dlc for dlc, but I think a lot of people want CA to give WE and BM another look so if they have time to do a dlc for dlc pack I think this might be the best option. It could be like one of the last dlc for warhammer II before warhammer III in my opinion, since when TWW3 will come out it will be all about those daemons of chaos for some time. I also think it should be a well received dlc since so many people want some units added for BM. Also BM and WE hate eachother (a lot) so more reasons to do a lord vs lord pack.

Comments

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,563Registered Users
    Based on how they handled the Lizardmen vs Empire DLC, all they need to do is give both races new gameplay so they're significantly different.

I'm not sure if there are major Beastman and Wood Elf conflicts aside from the one big one though... anyone more versed in the lore care to chime in?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,352Registered Users
    It'd be a great way to make BM & WE worthless.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 112Registered Users

Implying Beastmen are worth anything to begin with*

Lol
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,563Registered Users

Implying Beastmen are worth anything to begin with*

Lol
    Ouch
  • ZafrasZafras Posts: 109Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

Based on how they handled the Lizardmen vs Empire DLC, all they need to do is give both races new gameplay so they're significantly different.

I'm not sure if there are major Beastman and Wood Elf conflicts aside from the one big one though... anyone more versed in the lore care to chime in?

The entire and only point of the dlc is to give BM the missing units and WE their amber rework.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,011Registered Users
    Honestly I think both just need a update, LL added and BM there missing units. But if they did give them packs i think I'd much rather they did a cross pack tho for both for LPs give WEs some forest spirits, but beastmen may get a big chaos aligned update for game three, so who knows

• ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,390Registered Users
    No plans for DLC for DLC. Also game 1 DLCs are not happening anymore since it is a dead game. DLCs need to include at least one game 2 race.

Both just need a rework and maybe FLC.
    ArneSo said:

No plans for DLC for DLC. Also game 1 DLCs are not happening anymore since it is a dead game. DLCs need to include at least one game 2 race.

Both just need a rework and maybe FLC.

Just because that they need a rework, both are from the first game when the dlc races weren't so complete. Just like the empire rework it doesn't need to be added to the first game.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Posts: 873Registered Users
    There was a post by CA saying that no dlc for dlc wasn't a thing anymore.

I can't be bothered to find it though.
    edited November 10

That's like the first line of my post though...
    EDIT: anymore? lol
    I’m glad that I took a screenshot of the no DLC for DLC statement. Yeah there is no rule that generally makes DLCs for DLCs impossible. But CA also made clear that they have currently no plans for it.

CA plans DLCs long in advance, at least 6 months of not 1 year. So DLC for DLC is extremely unlikely to happen in the next 12 months.

DLC for DLC is unlikely in general, but DLC for DLC including 2 game 1 DLC races is simply impossible.

• c4gtyc4gty Posts: 6Registered Users
    game alreaddy missing a elven race.

It is Asrai. I really want to see these damn dino rider sexy blonde elven girls with only nipple armor
    ArneSo said:

I’m glad that I took a screenshot of the no DLC for DLC statement. Yeah there is no rule that generally makes DLCs for DLCs impossible. But CA also made clear that they have currently no plans for it.

CA plans DLCs long in advance, at least 6 months of not 1 year. So DLC for DLC is extremely unlikely to happen in the next 12 months.

DLC for DLC is unlikely in general, but DLC for DLC including 2 game 1 DLC races is simply impossible.

Yes, I said I that I'm aware they said that they have no intention for dlc for dlc in the very line of my post which you don't even bother to read. Also I already know GS will be the next faction dlc after this 1, so my idea was that this would come somewhere in august-september next year which is 99% unlikely to happen anyway. I simply thought it was a cool idea and the only way CA would do it is if enough people want it.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Posts: 873Registered Users
    Zafras said:

That's like the first line of my post though...
    EDIT: anymore? lol
    My mistake for not reading it properly!
    @Zafras
    Sorry was my mistake, was already quite late when I wrote that commend. 😅

I honestly would love more content for both WE and BM, but I just fear their only chance is FLC. I hope WE will get a huge rework after the GS, maybe another LL too.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,819Registered Users
    Given CA's waffling on "no DLC for DLC" I think they have a shot at WH3, but yeah, either one of them would have to be matched with a WH3 race, and not with each other.

And that's setting aside the ethics of DLC for DLC.
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 1,011Registered Users
    c4gty said:

game alreaddy missing a elven race.

It is Asrai. I really want to see these damn dino rider sexy blonde elven girls with only nipple armor

What you talking about? Asrai are the WE.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,352Registered Users

Given CA's waffling on "no DLC for DLC" I think they have a shot at WH3, but yeah, either one of them would have to be matched with a WH3 race, and not with each other.

And that's setting aside the ethics of DLC for DLC.

BM are an obvious candidate to be updated in game 3. WE just need FLC.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.