Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So what does the Future bring? What's in WH3, what DLCs and FLCs will come?

MantrielMantriel Posts: 15Registered Users
edited November 10 in General Discussion
I recently bought the two games and I love them. Played over 200h, played one campaign with almost all of the races (Beastmen, Vampire Coast and Lizardmen to go) and I will be playing both games for another 600+ hours.

But I don't really see anything that we will see in the upcoming future that would excite me. So I was wondering what will we get in the future at all, altogether.

-

I guess 2-3 DLCs and 2-3 FLCs, maybe a preorder and WH3 before they close their chapter with WHFB and move on to something else.

WH3
- 4 chaos gods, chaos dwarves, ogre and probably Kislev
- A Mortal Empire type map (I guess the map that we already have in Mortal Empire, but the east side is fully "populated")
- a smaller map (like the vortex campaign)

Greenskin overhaul?
A DLC/FLC with new Dark Elves... and everything else is beyond my knowledge

What else is likely to come in the next two-three years?

-

I hope for another HE LL (probably Imrik, but I am happy with Korhil/Caradryan).
WE overhaul
Another Skaven LL
A couple of Empire mini factions (I don't know their names, the wolfs and the sigmarites etc.).

-

Multi Core support and a huge world map would ba also awesome, do you think it is possible that we will get these?
If not I think WH3 is kinda lackluster (at least on paper) and I don't really see anything to be excited about.

I probably will still buy it on release day, but to be honest I don't really see a reason why I should. I already have enough that I enjoy. And the two things that I am looking forward to are "faster ME turns" and bigger ME map.
Post edited by Mantriel on

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,245Registered Users
    HE vs. x will come in a month's time. His Majesty the Crown Prince Imrik of the House Caledoran, the Lord of the Dragons is on his way!

(...)

And then the Sisters of Twilight will come out.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,376Registered Users
    edited November 10
    Game#2
    -This year rival DLC
    -next year at least one crossover DLC with the greenskin rework. Probably Grim & Paunch, especially if HE will not be featured in the upcoming DLC.
    -Maybe 0-2 more DLCs, but it is hard to say since it depends if game#3 is announced/released 2020 or put back to 2021.

Game#3
    -preorder dlc with announcement. Pattern so far means race DLC, probably intended for game#2.
    -4 core races, with the usual cut content coming later as rival DLCs. If I had to guess

-Maybe 1-2 race DLCs depending on the actual Dark Lands campaign map. Will the map go until Nippon? Stop at the Mountains of Mourn? Might Nagash be the big bad villain in the campaign itself or could Nagashizzar become a DLC? Time will tell. Really good job of how the map could look like is to be found here.
    -WoC should get a total rework with game#3, adding missing stuff. Possible that they get milked with DLC (DLC for the DLC god) to maximize money and throwing "god specific" DLCs out.
    -Probably EVERY race so far might get a rework in game#3, for the new Immortal Empire playmode. Since game#3 might offer new mechanics and a similar balance creep we saw between Old World and New World at game#2 release.
    -The crossover DLC situation might bring new stuff longterm for game#3 then, even if it might not be so easy to integrate then still "missing" special character to THAT campaign map which would rather belong to the Old or New World. Kinda like Elector Counts just have no place in the Dark Lands ;)

------Red Dox
    Post edited by Red_Dox on
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,059Registered Users
    I would say this game has 2 LPs and a Race Pck for the next game's pre-order left I think these will be: DE vs Sk, HE vs GS, and the RP will be DoW/Southern Realms.

Game 3 will likely be Daemons, Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs and Kislev (I say likely because of Kislev being questionable, the other three are virtually guaranteed).

DLC for that I think will be Monogods, perhaps delivered in Campaign Pack styled after LPs (Khorne vs Slaanesh, Nurgle vs Tzeentch). Also the standard LPs, maybe another CP - perhaps Khurgans. After that it will be X-LPs (like Hunter and Beast) until CA decides to pack it in I think.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,011Registered Users
    In the upcoming LP for Christmas should ether get a new Skaven LL or HE one and there will be another cross LP to come next year. CA have also stated they want to update WEs which will hopefully bring a WE LL with them BM will prob get updated to tho that may happen game three when the chaos god's arrive.

To be honest tho I'm sure there will be alot of surprise elements and mechanics by CA when Game three arrives who knows what they have planned, I'm really looking forward to it

• CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,454Registered Users
    Red-Dox. Thanks for going to the effort of adding the book images. Really makes sense to me now.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,352Registered Users
    Monos are the obvious DLC choices for game 3.

Hobgoblins would be pretty cool too.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,011Registered Users
    I really hope they do keep creating cross LPs when game three arrives, the mechanics that come with new LLs can be so much fun

• YitterbumYitterbum Posts: 171Registered Users
    WH2:
    • Lord pack for DE and Skaven with FLC LL.
    • Lord pack for HE and GS with FLC LL and update to GS.
    • Possibly one FLC LL for an event.
    WH3:
    • Chaos Dwarfs, Daemons of Chaos, Southern Realms/Dogs of War, Kislev, and Ogre Kingdoms with either Kislev or Southern Realms/Dogs of War being the pre-order bonus.
    • 2 or 3 lord packs for the core races.
    • 2 cross-game lord packs. (Probably where you will see Middenland and Beastmen updated)
    • 4 lord packs for the Warriors of Chaos to add marked units and LL's. (Most likely vs. game 1 races as a last hurrah)
    • FLC with each DLC and some events. (One being for the WE's to bring them up to speed)
    And that's it.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,390Registered Users
    There is also still the make War not love event again at Valentine’s Day. I can’t remember if we got anything the last times but Isabella was a nice extra back in the day.

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,376Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

There is also still the make War not love event again at Valentine’s Day. I can’t remember if we got anything the last times but Isabella was a nice extra back in the day.

So far we got Isabella, then a map pack and this year there was not even an event in the first place. So I would not hold my breath for 2020.
    Similar expectations for the summer "Skull Throne". This year was the Amethyst Wizard for ME, last year the missing Bone Giant for TK and don't know what before that. Krell? Nice to have but nothing to freak out about ;)

------Red Dox
  • SelakahSelakah Posts: 335Registered Users
    edited November 10
    I'm going to go against the grain and posit the following for Game 3:

Core:
    • Daemons of Chaos (Two Monogod Factions, with the remaining two coming later as Lord Packs)
    • Warriors of Chaos (Made free for all, with a completed roster and drastically overhauled mechanics)
    • Chaos Dwarfs
    • The Empire (The traditional foil for Chaos; 2 New Legendary Lords, one stationed at Pigbarter in the Dark Lands, plus new units and Lords)
    Campaign DLC:
    • Ogre Kingdoms (The only remaining army book race that doesn't fit the Chaos theme in Game 3, and works very well as a one-off Campaign Pack)
    • Kislev or Southern Realms (assuming Souther Realms doesn't come out first as a Pre-Order race)
    • The Undead Legion of Nagash?
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,390Registered Users
    @Selakah

1. The empire can’t be a core race because they are part of Game 1.
    Selling them again as a core race for a stand alone game would be on a EA “costumer-ripoff” level. The Empire also has absolutely zero presence in the Dark Lands. Kislev and DoW both have.

2. Warriors of Chaos also can’t be a core race since they are a DLC Race for game 1.
    They will probably get a huge rework and tons of new units, but selling them again would be a PR disaster.

Also from a Marketing perspective, 3 Chaos Races + 1 core race from a 3 years old game wouldn’t sell good. That wouldn’t even be good for a addon. That constellation would even be worse than Monogods.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,142Registered Users
    • Dogs of War
    • Kislev
    • Khorne
    • Tzeentch
    • Nurgle
    • Slaanesh
    • Ogre Kingdoms
    • Legion of Nagash
    • Chaos Dwarfs
    • Cathay (maybe)
    • something unexpected like Vampire Coast in WH2
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,059Registered Users
    Ludbone said:

• Dogs of War
    • Kislev
    • Khorne
    • Tzeentch
    • Nurgle
    • Slaanesh
    • Ogre Kingdoms
    • Legion of Nagash
    • Chaos Dwarfs
    • Cathay (maybe)
    • something unexpected like Vampire Coast in WH2

Ah yes, had forgotten Legions of Nagash, silly me! But I do wonder how they will add him in, maybe Bretonnia style FLC, guess it depends upon how much is being added unique to the race.
  • SerPusSerPus Posts: 31Registered Users
    edited November 11
    Alright, I'll probably repeat what was already said many times before, but here is my guess.

The next DLC is probably Skaven vs DE with DE FLC.

After that HE vs Greenskins DLC with HE FLC.

I really doubt that any TWW2 faction will receive more lord packs(at least until TWW3 cross-game DLCs), so there probably will be pre-order DLC with Skaven DLC alongside it.

There are a few different options for the pre-order DLC, but my guess will be Undead Legions faction with Nagash and Neferata as LLs. Here are my thoughts on why that might be the case:
    1. Nagash is a quite important Warhammer character and there are plenty of people who would like to see Neferata in the game(I have no idea why, but it seems so), so CA will probably add them. But Nagash doesn't really fully fit in neither VC nor TK factions, so it makes sense to add a new one with unique campaign mechanics.
    2. Since Undead Legions is basically a combination of VC and TK rosters it doesn't look like a full-fledged Race Pack, but on the other hand, it's probably too cost-demanding for an FLC. The most obvious solution is to use it as a part of TWW3 promotion campaign and give it 'for free', as they did with Norsca.
    3. Locations of both Nagashizzar and Silver Pinnacle are right on the border between ME and the possible TWW3 maps, so they could be added in both campaigns.
    4. Nagash can be used in the same way as Warriors of Chaos were used in TWW1, so CA might kill two birds with one stone: make promotional material for pre-orders and a TWW3 feature at the same time.
    5. Someone from CA said that there will be no Vampire Counts content for a while, so that might be a reason why
    With TWW3 it's all looks pretty clear: Daemons of Chaos, Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs and probably Kislev(I hope not).
    Warriors of Chaos might receive an update that integrates Daemons in their campaign mechanics and, if we are being lucky, add 3 more god-themed LLs alongside with making Sigvald into his own Slaanesh-themed subfaction.
    After another round of Lord Packs I think it might be possible for CA to start fleshing out minor factions like Hobgoblins with small updates/DLCs.
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Posts: 5Registered Users
    I feel like everyone just forgot about the hobgoblins. Would be nice to have a mongol-like nation in TWW3.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,568Registered Users
    Qwerty55 said:

I feel like everyone just forgot about the hobgoblins. Would be nice to have a mongol-like nation in TWW3.

They'd fit in nicely as Chaos Dwarf slaves ;).