Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

announcement Date Warhammer III, Speculation

AzurianAzurian Posts: 670Registered Users
In fact, the announcement will show us the whole future of the series. It will determine which races or lordpacks it makes sense to wait, etc.
however the question is when? when the sky collapses and the universe plunges into the abyss of excitement and predictions.

Call me the most niviness, I am waiting for the announcement in the spring.

Tagged:

Comments

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,568Registered Users
    Well, how much time passed between the announcement of WH1 and its release, and WH2 and its release?

We know there's one more pack after this upcoming one (Monday newsday?) So...
  • AzurianAzurian Posts: 670Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

Well, how much time passed between the announcement of WH1 and its release, and WH2 and its release?

We know there's one more pack after this upcoming one (Monday newsday?) So...

A year passed between the announcement and the release of the first part. Between the announcement and the release of the 2nd part, six months.

• DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    Troy is already in SteamDB, there are DLCs for Wh2 and 3K as well for whole year. If the 2020 is really year of Troy, then WH3 will be 2021. Spring - Autumn. I don´t expect Wh3 announcement before second half of 2020..
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 902Registered Users
    edited November 11
    I think we’ll get a WH3 announcement and trailer mid 2020, provided that Troy releases within the first 6 months of 2020. I don’t see CA dropping a trailer for WH3 before Troy has released.

Release for WH3 will be closer to the end of 2020 or Early 2021 so long as there aren’t any pushbacks.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,352Registered Users
    edited November 11
    Spring is unlikely. It's over soon.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Posts: 109Registered Users
    Doesnt the announcement comes with insta pre order and new race?
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 712Registered Users
  • DerPhonixDerPhonix Senior Member Posts: 398Registered Users
    Feel confident it will be a February/March 2020 announcement.
  • ScionOfTheEmperorScionOfTheEmperor Posts: 141Registered Users
    My estimation for the CA road map will be:
    December: Warhammer II DLC, Probably Dark Elves (Rakarth) vs Skaven (Throt) with Malus as FLC,
    January: Three Kingdoms DLC,
    March/April: Warhammer DLC, Probably High Elves (Eltharion) vs Greenskins (Grom) with Imrik as FLC,
    June/July: Total War Saga: Troy Released,
    July/August: Warhammer III Announced,
    October/November: Warhammer III Pre-Order Race/Campaign Pack Announced/Released, Probably SR/DoW,
    March/April: Warhammer III Released.

I won't estimate on DLC for Warhammer III as that's too far away to guess and I'm admittedly not factoring in any other possible Three Kingdoms DLC.
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,293Registered Users
    edited November 11
    Kelefane said:

Early 2021.

December: Warhammer II DLC, Probably Dark Elves (Rakarth) vs Skaven (Throt) with Malus as FLC,
    March/April: Warhammer DLC, Probably High Elves (Eltharion) vs Greenskins (Grom) with Imrik as FLC,
    October/November: Warhammer III Pre-Order Race/Campaign Pack Announced/Released, Probably SR/DoW,

I won't estimate on DLC for Warhammer III as that's too far away to guess and I'm admittedly not factoring in any other possible Three Kingdoms DLC.

We don't know how many Lord Packs are *truly* left. We just know there are two as far as we know. There might be another LP after the Greenskins pack.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Posts: 411Registered Users
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,674Registered Users
    Troy gets released, 3 to 6 months passes and they announce it.
  • darkgaia01darkgaia01 Posts: 155Registered Users

their won't be a 4 month gap between the pre order and release of game 3 as the gap between norcsa pre order and game 2 was about 6 weeks. i would also think they announce game 3 in april to may time.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,058Registered Users
    Like last time I would say the announcement will be the month after the last (non pre-order) content drop for this game, which I think will be the LP after this one coming next.
  • AsamuAsamu Posts: 581Registered Users
    edited November 11
    I'm guessing late spring-early summer for the announcement, with a mid-late fall or early winter release.

December: Skaven vs Dark Elf DLC
    January: 3K DLC
    March/April: WH DLC Eltharion/Grom
    May: TWS:Troy - maybe flip this with the Eltharion/Grom lord pack.
    June: WH3 Announcement
    Pre-order announcement in July/August
    September-October: WH3 release.

If there's another WH2 DLC planned, which is certainly possible, the WH3 stuff all gets pushed back ~2 months.
    I don't see them pushing WH3 to 2021. A late 2020 release is already 3 years from WH2.
    edited November 11
    Asamu said:

I'm guessing late spring-early summer for the announcement, with a mid-late fall or early winter release.

If there's another WH2 DLC planned, which is certainly possible, the WH3 stuff all gets pushed back ~2 months.
    I don't see them pushing WH3 to 2021. A late 2020 release is already 3 years from WH2.

I can easily see them releasing WH3 in 2021. Its the end of the trilogy. It needs to be perfect. They only have one shot at it. Throw in the unknown(s) factors that we don't know yet regarding what is coming for WH2 after the Greenskins update, and its a picture that kind of paints itself. Common sense really.
  • BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Posts: 40Registered Users
    Kelefane said:

Asamu said:

I can easily see them releasing WH3 in 2021. Its the end of the trilogy. It needs to be perfect. They only have one shot at it. Throw in the unknown(s) factors that we don't know yet regarding what is coming for WH2 after the Greenskins update, and its a picture that kind of paints itself. Common sense really.
    We can still see an expansion game
    It's a highly profitable game setting so who knows what we see in the future

Kelefane said:

Asamu said:

Contracts man, contracts. Guess you don't know about that with GW and CA.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,390Registered Users
    I’m still hoping for another crossover LP after the GS rework.
    Dwarfs definitely need a playable faction somewhere in the new World.... I also want to see a thunderbarge

But yeah they could also get a crossover with Chaos Dwarfs or Ogres.
    ArneSo said:

I’m still hoping for another crossover LP after the GS rework.
    Dwarfs definitely need a playable faction somewhere in the new World.... I also want to see a thunderbarge

But yeah they could also get a crossover with Chaos Dwarfs or Ogres.

Yeah I'd like to see the Vamps finished off, but think this will be game 3.
    Kelefane said:

Kelefane said:

Asamu said:

Considering how much TW is probably making GW I am sure they would be more than happy to extend their licensing deal if CA asked.
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 281Registered Users
    edited November 11
    Announcement 2020 spring or early summer. Release late 2020 or early 2021.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,474Registered Users
    Asamu said:

Who knows? I guess it all depends on how much effort they are putting into TWW3. A late 2020 release might be 3 years from the release of TWW2 but it’ll only be about 1,5 years since they started work on TWW3 in earnest which only seemed to happen around the release of Three Kingdoms. Still 1,5 years is longer than it seemingly took for TWW2 to be made.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • goliath55goliath55 Posts: 392Registered Users
    All I can say is I'm super excited for WH3 and not too fussed about the next lord pack if it is Skaven v DE
    Kelefane said:

Kelefane said:

Asamu said:

So??? What exactly is the problem? It's highly profitable for both parties involved. Just sign a new contract lmao
    Kelefane said:

Kelefane said:

Asamu said:

So??? What exactly is the problem? It's highly profitable for both CA and GW. Just sign a new contract.
    Contracts lmao
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,251Registered Users

No we didn't learn about Norsca till months after the announcement.

Though they did make some statements before the actual announcements that allowed us to narrow it down to likely Norsca. I mean a lot of people were still concvinved it was the Southern Realms but thats just this forum. People are already convinved the pre-order will be DoW/ Southern Realms. Just like they were for the last Campaign pack. And the last pre-order.

Though they did make some statements before the actual announcements that allowed us to narrow it down to likely Norsca. I mean a lot of people were still concvinved it was the Southern Realms but thats just this forum. People are already convinved the pre-order will be DoW/ Southern Realms. Just like they were for the last Campaign pack. And the last pre-order.
    Haha, yeah I remember there were a few people here that were convinced that the TKs were the 4th game 2 race until the Skaven announce, even with all of the obvious hints for Skaven!
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Haha, yeah I remember there were a few people here that were convinced that the TKs were the 4th game 2 race until the Skaven announce, even with all of the obvious hints for Skaven!
    Oh lol I totally forgot about that. Or people convinved that the first Old Friend was Middenland as a race AFTER CA said it wasnt a race or LL.

Fact of the matter is this community is terrible about assuming things about the future despite little/no evidence or evidence to the contrary.

For example we have speculation on Game 3. The only things we can be sure of is that we are getting Daemons, Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs. Pretty much everything else about game 3 is just assumptions and wishes. Monogods, Kislev, DoW, Cathay, Hobgoblins, Undead Legions and so on is all just speculation and I think we need to remember that and not act like anything is a fact.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,213Registered Users
    Announcement just comes with a listing on steam, no release date or price or details of any pre-order. All you can do is add it to your wishlist.

Troy presently just says Coming 2020. When you can actually pre-purchase the game the pre order details are generally available at that point and a release date is also set although that can change depending on circumstances. This follows the announcement by some months when presumably they have some faith in specifying an actual release date.