Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Indypride's game 3 Factions and Lord predictions

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,311Registered Users
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,512Registered Users
    Honestly, hes probably right.

• UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 447Registered Users
    I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned before, but wouldn't the easiest plan and most appealing be including 5 races instead of 4? Daemons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev and a revamped Warriors of Chaos.
    This way we don't have to add WoC lords like Vilitch or Tamurkhan to the DoC roster and they can have a system where Daemons and Warriors can be combined for the Monogod thing.
    Also yes, WoC is a DLC, but it should be pretty much guaranteed to be getting a revamp and new units through the same Doc ones like Bloodcrushers. It'll be the same as Markus and presumably Grom grantting access to another games roster, or better just give game III owners the old crappy roster for free.
  • JycceJycce Posts: 161Registered Users
    Can someone describe the content of the video (factions and lords) please ? I neither have the time nor the opportunity to watch it right now (can't put the sound on) and I'm not sure I see the point to post only a link to the video ...
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian Posts: 447Registered Users
    Jycce said:

Can someone describe the content of the video (factions and lords) please ? I neither have the time nor the opportunity to watch it right now (can't put the sound on) and I'm not sure I see the point to post only a link to the video ...

Indyprides choices.
    Daemons of Chaos: Belakor, N'kari, Skarbrand, Kugath, Kairos Fateweaver plus 4 Woc LLs, Valkia, Vilitch OR van Horstman, Festus the Leechlord and Dechala
    Chaos Dwarfs: Astragoth Ironhand and Drazhoath the Ashen
    Ogre Kingdoms: Greasus Goldtooth and Skrag the Slaughterer
    Kislev: Tzar Boris and daughter Katarin
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,311Registered Users
    Having the majority of an entire installment dedicated to chaos will not go over well.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,893Registered Users
    I'm thinking 5 is entirely possible. Kislev plus the 4 remaining books would work real well.

Game 1 after all has 5 core races.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • JycceJycce Posts: 161Registered Users
    @UberReptilian Thanks a lot.

Well his list is pretty much mine (excepted the 4 WoC LLs).

About the 5 core races : Why not but I don't understand why CA would suddenly change its habits and give us one more "free" race whereas they can sell it as a DLC.

True but Brettonia addition happened after the launch of the game and CA had the need to promote its first fantasy game. This situation is less likely to happen now.

• misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 748Registered Users
    Indy nailed it. Monogods, Daemons, Kislev, Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs will all be in at launch?
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 2,987Registered Users
    DoC, Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, & Kislev.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,517Registered Users
    Kelefane said:

Honestly, hes probably right.

Eah.... Probably Asking for too much.... but who knows.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,893Registered Users
    @Jycce The series has been highly successful, and game 3 would benefit a lot from the relatively easy to do Kislev.

I wouldn't bet on it, but 4 races isn't necessarily what we'll get.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 583Registered Users
    I doubt we will have Daemons of Chaos race if we also get four monogods races, Daemons of Chaos race will be just mix of four monogods races, nothing unique just like Legion of Nagash race with Vampire Count and Tomb Kings units. >:)
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,517Registered Users
    Labria said:

I doubt we will have Daemons of Chaos race if we also get four monogods races, Daemons of Chaos race will be just mix of four monogods races

Yeah except for all those Marked Chaos Warriors and Beasmen units... Totally the same thing.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,141Registered Users
    I don’t think Be’lakor will be in game. It feels like Chaos Undivided isn’t much of a thing anymore and with all the God specific characters that can be added does ole Be’lly really add anything?
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • AurawallAurawall Posts: 166Registered Users

I'm thinking 5 is entirely possible. Kislev plus the 4 remaining books would work real well.

It's due to of the Warhammer races/factions left, Game Workshop only really supported Chaos.

Kislev was set up as a "jobber" nation who exists to get beat up by Chaos to make Chaos look strong.
    Ogre Kingdoms was barely pushed. It always felt to me that OK was only kept alive to have a living neutral race.
    And Chaos Dwarfs didn't make it to the last edition until the very ver end. And they only seemed to exist to give the evil nondwarfs nonundead technology.

The biggest issue with game three is it exists in a place GW never really expanded on much. The only race in the Dark Lands GW really cared about was Chaos Demons, WoC and Skaven. And Skaven came out in game 2 and WoC in 1.

The only hope for more is if GW actually did care and have a bunch of lore in a vault but didn't make the models due to low potential sales. But it all depends on if GW allows it and what kind of game CA is making (and for whom).
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Posts: 1,673Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

I don’t think Be’lakor will be in game. It feels like Chaos Undivided isn’t much of a thing anymore and with all the God specific characters that can be added does ole Be’lly really add anything?

I mean Daemons of Chaos Undivided is exactly how 8th edition was done, so I do expect there to be a Daemons only roster, and in that instance Belakor is the only logical choice to lead them. You could make the same argument against Archaon. Belakor is his Daemonic mirror, both should be in the game
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,141Registered Users
    Indypride said:

RikRiorik said:

I mean Daemons of Chaos Undivided is exactly how 8th edition was done, so I do expect there to be a Daemons only roster, and in that instance Belakor is the only logical choice to lead them. You could make the same argument against Archaon. Belakor is his Daemonic mirror, both should be in the game
    I don’t think I have the 8th edition Daemons of Chaos army book. So that might be it but I got the feeling across both 40k and Fantasy Battles after the 4th edition (40K Chaos Space Marines) and 6th edition Fantasy Battles that Chaos Undivided was very much being played down as a concept. Well you know, not in the sense of every model in an army having to be associated with the same God but that being marked with the Mark of Chaos Undivided was no longer a thing.

I couldn’t make the same argument of feeling he isn’t going to be in game against Archaon as he is already in game. Is Be’lakor ever even given rules again outside of 6th edition and Shadows over Albion? I’m not into the End Times but nothing I’ve read on the subject, as far as I remember, had Be’lakor be the focal point of Daemon armies like Archaon is for Chaos as a whole?

As much as I love Be’lakor and Chaos Undivided he just doesn’t feel like a big enough or the right kind of player to make it into the game when there are God specific characters to choose from.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,279Registered Users
    It is definitely an interesting take. I mean I am sure at some point between game 1 and 2 that CA said all games will have 4 races at launch, though that was years ago now so plans could have changed.

I mean I wouldn't complain at all about having 8 races at launch, especially if they do end up with 2 LLs each, though I still think it is more likely that we will get Armybooks + Kislev with Monos as DLC.
    Indypride said:

RikRiorik said:

Whats your prediction on what the 3 LL's will be for the Festag LP?

• IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Posts: 1,673Registered Users
    Kelefane said:

Indypride said:

RikRiorik said:

That it will be Skaven vs. Dark Elves. I had thought it would be Skaven vs. Dwarfs because staying with cross game lord packs seemed the logical step to take, but that quickly got nipped in the bud lol. Because Greenskins are getting their rework next year and likely matching up in an Eltharion the Grim vs. Grom the Paunch pack, I dont expect to see High Elves and Lizardmen are obviously off the table. So that leaves Skaven vs. Dark Elves.

Malus Darkblade is by far the most logical choice for DE, but guessing who he will match up against is hard. Could be Throt, could be Thanquol, could be someone else. FLC is impossible to guess, my vote would go to Imrik, but it could be anybody.
    I only see Be’lakor happening if one thing happens: if both Kislev and Cathay come out at launch.

If Kislev is a core race and Cathay is prorder, then DoC only starts with 2 LL and gets no more until lord packs. With only 2 LLs, CA might not want to pick favorites and include Chaos Undivided. Then you need a CU LL.

If Kislev is core and there isn't a new human race as preorder, then 2 additional LLs can be DLC and be included with a WoC preorder or something. All 4 Chaos gods can be playable at launch and CU is unnecessary.

Again, it all comes down to what GW allows CA to use.
    Aurawall said:

I only see Be’lakor happening if one thing happens: if both Kislev and Cathay come out at launch.

If Kislev is a core race and Cathay is prorder, then DoC only starts with 2 LL and gets no more until lord packs. With only 2 LLs, CA might not want to pick favorites and include Chaos Undivided. Then you need a CU LL.

If Kislev is core and there isn't a new human race as preorder, then 2 additional LLs can be DLC and be included with a WoC preorder or something. All 4 Chaos gods can be playable at launch and CU is unnecessary.

Why? What has Be'Lakor got to do with Kislev, and Cathay of all places? I mean I'm not sure we will get him at launch but I have no doubt we will get him eventually.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 583Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

Labria said:

I doubt we will have Daemons of Chaos race if we also get four monogods races, Daemons of Chaos race will be just mix of four monogods races

Yeah except for all those Marked Chaos Warriors and Beasmen units... Totally the same thing.
    I mean DoC roster has only monogods stuff. If we get four monogods races, DoC roster will be in game. For example, all Khorne units and characters from DoC roster can be in Khorne race. There will no reason to add Daemons of Chaos race to game. DoC will have nothing unique in game except Be'lakor and Daemon Princes.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1396625137
    I am sure we will get one Deamons of Chaos race or four monogods races but definitely not both.

If we get four monogods races, I prefer Be'lakor as endgame threat with mix of daemons units from all monogods races. B)
    Goatforce said:

Aurawall said:

Why? What has Be'Lakor got to do with Kislev, and Cathay of all places? I mean I'm not sure we will get him at launch but I have no doubt we will get him eventually.
    Well that's what I mean. Be'Lakor's best chance are either at launch or very late in the cycle.

Getting all 4 Chaos gods a LL has to be a priority. More important that all 4 Skaven Great Clans a LL. (Which needs to need too btw)

And if WOC gets linked the gods with marks or mutations and LLs, tha'tll push him back even more.
    Aurawall said:

Goatforce said:

Aurawall said:

Well that's what I mean. Be'Lakor's best chance are either at launch or very late in the cycle.

Getting all 4 Chaos gods a LL has to be a priority. More important that all 4 Skaven Great Clans a LL. (Which needs to need too btw)

And if WOC gets linked the gods with marks or mutations and LLs, tha'tll push him back even more.
    Cathay is extremely unlikely, hence my confusion, the map is unlikely to stretch that far East, as it may well cause issue fitting everything into ME2.

But yeah I guess my opinion is we will get Armybooks + Kislev with SR/DoW pre-order. So 2 LLs each at launch and I think it is more likely we will get N'Kari and a Khorne LL leading DoC. So I guess I agree with you somewhat that the only way we see Be'Lakor at launch is if we get a wider spread of races at launch like Indypride suggests.
    Indypride said:

Kelefane said:

Indypride said:

RikRiorik said:

That it will be Skaven vs. Dark Elves. I had thought it would be Skaven vs. Dwarfs because staying with cross game lord packs seemed the logical step to take, but that quickly got nipped in the bud lol. Because Greenskins are getting their rework next year and likely matching up in an Eltharion the Grim vs. Grom the Paunch pack, I dont expect to see High Elves and Lizardmen are obviously off the table. So that leaves Skaven vs. Dark Elves.

Malus Darkblade is by far the most logical choice for DE, but guessing who he will match up against is hard. Could be Throt, could be Thanquol, could be someone else. FLC is impossible to guess, my vote would go to Imrik, but it could be anybody.
    Very interesting. So DE vs Skaven with a HE FLC huh?

@Goatforce

I agree. But I was saying it the other way. Be'lakor and CU have a better chance the more crowed the launch is. CA would not want to play favorites of the 4 gods.

Imagine the stink if the Supported Chaos Demons are Khorne and Undivided.

The Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh fans would lose their minds. Chaos Demons has the "Empire" problem. It is one of the factions that GW actually actively supported in lore and play that it is saturated. So it is flush with LLs and picking favorites will cause Longbeards level grumbling.

The remaining human factions have the opposite problem. GW ignored the and they lack many combat worthy living characters. Kislev only has 2. It would be tough to go more than Boris and Katarina and get people to pay. Cathay is unlikely as longtheirs are partially unkown. Cathay only happens if CA thinks Kislev is too boring tactically alone. And very few SR/DOW LLs are special enough to push a paid DLC on their own. Beastmen 2.0 almost.

So Be'Lakor's best chance is if GW lets CA use everything and CA goes Chaos Undivided at launch due to the cramped space. I go with Indypride's assessment on everything else.
    Aurawall said:

@Goatforce

I agree. But I was saying it the other way. Be'lakor and CU have a better chance the more crowed the launch is. CA would not want to play favorites of the 4 gods.

Imagine the stink if the Supported Chaos Demons are Khorne and Undivided.

The Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh fans would lose their minds. Chaos Demons has the "Empire" problem. It is one of the factions that GW actually actively supported in lore and play that it is saturated. So it is flush with LLs and picking favorites will cause Longbeards level grumbling.

The remaining human factions have the opposite problem. GW ignored the and they lack many combat worthy living characters. Kislev only has 2. It would be tough to go more than Boris and Katarina and get people to pay. Cathay is unlikely as longtheirs are partially unkown. Cathay only happens if CA thinks Kislev is too boring tactically alone. And very few SR/DOW LLs are special enough to push a paid DLC on their own. Beastmen 2.0 almost.

So Be'Lakor's best chance is if GW lets CA use everything and CA goes Chaos Undivided at launch due to the cramped space. I go with Indypride's assessment on everything else.

Haha, well it seems we do agree with each other then
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 522Registered Users
    I hope he's wrong on this one. I want the "Core 4" (Warriors, Beastmen, Norsca, Daemons) to be generic. Later on, do Khornate, Tzeenchian, Nurglich and Slaaneshi packs for those four, as the amount of unique units for each is too small for a unique faction.

Personal opinion, mind you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file