Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No garrison for occupied Norsca settlements?

markusasmarkusas Posts: 133Registered Users
Feature or missed bug?
Feels strange to have to park a fullstack to protect these camps?
When game 3 comes out I want to travel the world from the east to west and invade the western shores of Naggaroth. Make that happen! Also expand map south and make Karak Eight Peaks 10 slot.

Comments

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 1,954Registered Users
    Norsca is an entirely uninhabitable place for any one else than the Norscans. The lack of a garrison option represents this. The only faction that could reasonably have garrisons in the area other than the Norscans would be the Skaven.
  • VemberVember Posts: 95Registered Users

Norsca is an entirely uninhabitable place for any one else than the Norscans. The lack of a garrison option represents this. The only faction that could reasonably have garrisons in the area other than the Norscans would be the Skaven.

That doesn't make sense. Anyone could build walls there, the Norscans just choose not to because they're "nomadic". Boggles the mind that no one else can construct garrison building or walls in these settlements.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Posts: 1,456Registered Users
    you could not build walls but I remember having a small garrison
    when I conquered these before. Did they change it ?
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,205Registered Users
    Vember said:

That doesn't make sense. Anyone could build walls there, the Norscans just choose not to because they're "nomadic". Boggles the mind that no one else can construct garrison building or walls in these settlements.
    ahm... Norscans are overall not really nomadic. They have quite a few villages, especially at the coast. Nomadic is more the forte of the Hung and Kurgan, the horsemen people
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 959Registered Users
    If you mean you have no garrison army at all, It sounds like a bug. Norscan cities are not normal though, only a limited garrison building exists that doesn't give walls I believe.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • markusasmarkusas Posts: 133Registered Users

If you mean you have no garrison army at all, It sounds like a bug. Norscan cities are not normal though, only a limited garrison building exists that doesn't give walls I believe.

I talk about major/province capitals not having a garrison building which leaves you with like 9 units to hold the enemies at bay.
    When game 3 comes out I want to travel the world from the east to west and invade the western shores of Naggaroth. Make that happen! Also expand map south and make Karak Eight Peaks 10 slot.
  • VemberVember Posts: 95Registered Users

Vember said:

ahm... Norscans are overall not really nomadic. They have quite a few villages, especially at the coast. Nomadic is more the forte of the Hung and Kurgan, the horsemen people
    That's why I had nomadic in quotes...it's a lore thing that isn't really accurate, and has been used as the reason for Norscan settlements not having walls.
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Posts: 744Registered Users
    Probably because the constant chaos corruption coming into territory from northern wastes
  • markusasmarkusas Posts: 133Registered Users
    Btw is there anyone with good knowledge of lore that knows if the Norsca major settlements in the lore have palisades?
    It feels like a big viking camp would have palisades?