Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lore question

TotalWar78TotalWar78 Posts: 230Registered Users
Was there ever direct contact, fight or just plain conversation between mortal and one of Chaos Gods? Mostly i mean, mortals from forces of order.

Comments

• FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,402Registered Users
    Happened all the damn time. The gods loved to taunt the mortals. Mostly they tried to convert them to their cause. One famous example was when they tried, during the End Times, to convince Settra the Imperishable to join them and fight Nagash on their behalf.

Apart from this, many of the followers of Chaos had direct interaction with them. Sigvald the Magnificent talked to Slaanesh, Valkia the Bloody to Khorne, Vilitch the Curseling to Tzeentch, etc.
  • beegee84beegee84 Junior Member Posts: 147Registered Users
    That's exactly what happened with archaeon
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 1,221Registered Users
    In the end times it happens a few times. Slaneesh grabs Morathi directly and pulls her into the realm of chaos. Khorne strikes a battlefield with his sword, destroying everything he hits, and also freeing all his present servants from the magic of Balthasar Gelt. Also, I imagine some of the greatest chaos lords have heard the gods speak to them directly, Valkia certainly has spoken with Khorne.

I don't think any mortal could ever fight them directly though. The chaos gods are bound to the realm of chaos, and they are it, so I don't think they could ever leave.
  • TotalWar78TotalWar78 Posts: 230Registered Users

In the end times it happens a few times. Slaneesh grabs Morathi directly and pulls her into the realm of chaos. Khorne strikes a battlefield with his sword, destroying everything he hits, and also freeing all his present servants from the magic of Balthasar Gelt. Also, I imagine some of the greatest chaos lords have heard the gods speak to them directly, Valkia certainly has spoken with Khorne.

I don't think any mortal could ever fight them directly though. The chaos gods are bound to the realm of chaos, and they are it, so I don't think they could ever leave.

I mean more, likes of Emperor of man, or any dwarf or any High Elf, anyone from forces of order or Lizardmen that had direct conversation but not converted to dark side.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,046Registered Users
    Hashut says "hi".

We don't know what exactly he said, but we know the Chaos Dwarf's side went something like this:

#JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • TexV2TexV2 Posts: 77Registered Users

I mean more, likes of Emperor of man, or any dwarf or any High Elf, anyone from forces of order or Lizardmen that had direct conversation but not converted to dark side.

I dont think you can, Tzeentch will drive you mad, Khorne will most likely just kill you, Nurgle whould also most likely kill you and its said no mortal has been able to resist Slaanesh.