Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Potential game 3 crossovers

ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,865Registered Users
edited November 15 in General Discussion
I think we all agree that game 3 will be perfect for tons of interesting crossover Lord Packs.
The dark lands are the homelands of many Greenskin tribes as well as Skaven and also Vampires. Depending on the size of the map we may also see some HE colonies and LM.
Daemons have Rivalries with nearly every race in the Warhammer World and they also have many interesting Characters.

In the following I want to share some ideas for potential crossover scenarios:

1. Dwarfs vs Chaos Dwarfs
Classic and epic Rivalry. The Clegane bowl of the warhammer world everyone is waiting for.
Dwarfs would be perfect for a start position in the Dark lands or the Mountains of Mourn.
This Crossover is a Must!

2. Dwarfs vs Ogres
Small against large. David and Goliath. Dwarfs had many holds in the Mountains of Mourn. So it would be a fun start with lots of room to expand. Also from a design choice it would fit extremely good in my opinion.

2. GS vs Ogres
Both races have some similarities. They love to plunder so this match up would also work pretty well. Especially because Ogres end up with the GS in the End times.

3. GS vs Chaos Dwarfs
In my opinion the most promising crossover. The Black Orcs were created by the Chaos Dwarfs, which held them as Slaves. After a big slave revolt which nearly destroyed the Chaos Dwarf Empire those former slaves flew over the World edge mountains and „civilised“ the savage Orcs and teached them how to use metalworks. The normal Orc Boyz were born.
A LP around that old Rivalry would be just epic. Former Slaves against their cruel masters. A classic story with a nice theme. It could also focus on all the Black Orc stuff the GS are still missing. Black Orc Warboss, Black Orc Bigboss, Black Orc weapon variants.

4. HE vs Daemons
If we get some HE Colonies like the Gates of Calith or Tor Elithis this would make a perfect start position near the Southpole, Home of the Daemons. Also a classic Rivalry that could add the Seahelm theme with unique Ship building and Colony mechanics. Would be even more fun if we get the „perfect map“ as the final combined campaign map. If CA doesn’t go that Far East we still have Tor Elasor which is actually further northeast. CA probably moves that Island group to implement it in the game 3 map.

5. Empire vs. Daemons
Middenland, Cult of Ulric.
Game 3 start somewhere in the Dark Lands in form of a religious Crusade led by Emil Valgeir.
Immortal Empire start probably in Middenland. Boris finally arrives as FLC and „will have his last hurray“.

6. LM vs Daemons
The oldest Rivalry in the Warhammer World.
LM are actually complete but there are still some units and Characters that would be nice for a LP. Not the highest Priority but would be nice at some point. Start Position in the Dragon Islands or if CA goes Far East, Kuresh.

7. DE vs Daemons (Valkia)
If Valkia isn’t there from the start that would be a nice Matchup since she invaded Naggaroth from the North. Start could be somewhere around the Southpole.
Anethra Helbanes husband Duriath invaded the HE Colony of Tor Elithis in the Far East.
On the „perfect map“ we can see a start position named Clar Duriath. Not sure if it is loreful but it would be a nice start position for Anethra Hellbane. Valkia vs Anethra would also look great from a design point of view. Pure female power!
If we don’t get Malus for Festtag that would also be a good point to implement him.
DE vs Daemons offers a lot of potential.

8. Skaven vs Ogres/Chaos Dwarfs
Not the best option but Skaven have a large presence in that area and we still need Eshin as the last major Clan (after Moulder). Would also be nice to play Skaven in the Far East.

9. VC vs ???
Vampire Counts still missing so many important Characters. Neferata is a given, maybe as part of Nagashs unique race or as a crossover LP. Not sure which Match up would fit here but VC definitely deserve some love in game 3.

Game 3 doesn’t offer much in terms of new races but therefore it offers tons of potential crossover LPs to keep the trilogy alive for ages. Warhammer 2 got 2 years of DLCs so I expect the final game to get up to 3-5 years. If we look at Rome 2 DLCs this isn’t quite unrealistic. CA also said that the warhammer project will take around 10 years in total. After the trilogy is completed CA has also more freedom and time to focus on additional content. Let’s keep in mind that this is probably the last chance for the Warhammer World to shine, so I‘m looking forward for a long period of interesting DLCs. The more the merrier.

Here is a link of the „perfect map“ again to look over potential start positions.
https://i.redd.it/w1jo0j09iox31.png

I really hope CA goes that big because it would give them space for many amazing LPs that would keep the game alive for the next 10 years.

Which Crossovers are you guys looking for? Maybe you also have some more detailed Ideas about specific LLs, units and start positions. Feel free to share!

Comments

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 1,199Registered Users
    Valkia is not a demon... She is a chaos lord and belongs with the warriors of chaos. If we get monogods she could be part of it, but that would still not be demons only.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    @yolordmcswag
    Oh yeah that’s true! I left WoC out because I have no clue how CA will implement them. But they also definitely deserve some love in Form of DLCs.
    I‘m not a monogod fan but Warriors of Khorne vs DE would just be epic.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,459Registered Users
    I think it is hard to predict crossovers when we don't really kniw how Game 3 is even going to go
  • rothamon81rothamon81 AustriaPosts: 134Registered Users
    edited November 15
    If one goes by the amount of WH 3 threads, one could assume the release is around the corner ;) Since there isn't a WH 4 planned I'd say DLC quality (they've gotten better and better already) and policy will be positively different. I wouldn't even be disappointed if they forego the seperate campaign map (yet I doubt it) and focus on upgraded ME map.
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 1,095Registered Users
    how are they supposed to sell Game3 without its own map? Upgrade ME map that also require Game 1 and Game 2?
  • AurawallAurawall Posts: 157Registered Users
    Grom vs Golgfag

The Fat and Fatter?

Thick Boyz Showdown
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,978Registered Users
    Tetto'eko vs Kairos Fateweaver

The Oracle clash.

Tamurkhan vs Elspeth/Bruckner/Falk

Basically the book.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • darkgaia01darkgaia01 Posts: 184Registered Users
    High elves vs demons of chaos would be cool you could have past LL's like Caledor Dragontamer and Aenarion vs some demon LL's and since their not going be any new units for them to add and no place in the big immortal empire map to put them you can add mini campaign telling the story of making the great vortex with playing demons objective of stopping the high elves.
    @darkgaia01
    Depends on the map of game 3 and the final combined map.
    If CA only makes Dark Lands + Mountains of Mourn, yes there wouldn’t be much places for potential new start positions. But if they make a bigger map and include the Far East plus all the HE colonies, there would be tons of interesting start positions.

LM - Kuresh, dragon islands, Ind
    HE - Gates of Calith, Tor Elasor, Tor Elithis
    DE - Clar Duriath or Southpoles
    Dwarfs - Dark Lands, Mountains of Mourn
    Skaven - Cathay, Nippon, Ind
    GS - Everywhere
    Vampires - Silver pinnacle, Cathay

It all depends on how big CA makes the map. If they have big plans for DLCs the map will be big, if they don’t have any plans for a post release support, the map will be small.

I really doubt that we will get more mini campaigns, CA realised that most people don’t care about them. They should rather use resources for more important things in my opinion. Like more LL and mechanics.
  • RyriameRyriame Junior Member Posts: 24Registered Users

Valkia is not a demon... She is a chaos lord and belongs with the warriors of chaos. If we get monogods she could be part of it, but that would still not be demons only.

Acutally Valkia the bloody is a demon. (if you are talking about her)
    Ryriame said:

I'm assuming they are talking about the fact Valkia isn't part of the Daemons of Chaos roster. She is part of Warriors of Chaos.
  • RyriameRyriame Junior Member Posts: 24Registered Users

Ryriame said:

I'm assuming they are talking about the fact Valkia isn't part of the Daemons of Chaos roster. She is part of Warriors of Chaos.
    Could be that, they where talking about but what i ment was that she was a demon i tough it was more that.

Aye, she aren't part of Daemons of Chaos roster, but i think like you said. Miss read the chat. :wink:
    We have no idea how CA will implement Chaos at all.

Warriors of Chaos split up into each god.

Daemons of Chaos split up into each god

Just undivided WoC, DoC with god aligned subfactions.

Big overblown Monogod mishmash boogaloo.

So let’s just say “Chaos” in general. I don’t want this thread to turn into another monogod discussion 😅

I just used the term Daemons because they are confirmed to be a core race.
    ArneSo said:

We have no idea how CA will implement Chaos at all.

Warriors of Chaos split up into each god.

Daemons of Chaos split up into each god

Just undivided WoC, DoC with god aligned subfactions.

Big overblown Monogod mishmash boogaloo.

So let’s just say “Chaos” in general. I don’t want this thread to turn into another monogod discussion 😅

I just used the term Daemons because they are confirmed to be a core race.

Galrauch(where ever he ends up) would be a good match up against the High Elves.
    @FungusHound
    I agree! A Dragon Character as LL would also be quite unique and sell good as a LP. Would be good against Imrik actually even if I hate to admit that. 😅
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 1,199Registered Users
    Ryriame said:

I was mainly referring to the army she is in, she would be a lord for the warriors of chaos not demons. However, I don't think she's a demon either. I know she died and was resurructed, but Khorne would have the power to reawaken a mortal in their mortal body. Her TT rules from 8th edition clearly indicate that she is a heavily mutated chaos lord, not actually a demon prince(ss). She has neither unbreakable, magical attacks, or a ward save like demons have, so the writers of her rules clearly saw her as still mortal.
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Posts: 785Registered Users
    edited November 15
    I assume the ones that didn't get one this time will in the next game.

So dwarves vs chaos dwarves and vampire counts vs daemons.

The dwarves are obvious but i could easily see a rivalry between undead and nurgle.
  • RiskafishRiskafish Posts: 450Registered Users
    Vampire Coast vs Dogs of War. That is pretty much the main story of the Dreadfleet so there is no shortage of lords to pair up.
    @Riskafish
    Didn’t CA say that the Dreadfleet story was before the start of the game and that it ended with Noctilus as the winner and Aranessa being turned?

I also think Vampire Coast is the last race that needs a LP.
    edited November 15
    ArneSo said:

@Riskafish
    Didn’t CA say that the Dreadfleet story was before the start of the game and that it ended with Noctilus as the winner and Aranessa being turned?

CA didn't say anything other than putting Dreadfleet storyline out of the novel's timeline of events. Noctilus and Roth suffered heavy casualties but the battle seems to have been inconclusive, other than Sartosa being destroyed, it seems. Aranessa however seems corrupted by Stromfels without being aware of it, although CA hasn't really elaborated on it.

To be honest, the novel isn't in line with the story elements presented in the Dreadfleet rulebook so no wonder they didn't have to follow it. The only time-based event seems to be that Karl Franz was the Emperor when Noctilus teleported over to Galleon's Graveyard. So, they shifted it a bit sooner so that it happens within that framework.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 1,007Registered Users
    Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

@Riskafish

CA didn't say anything other than putting Dreadfleet storyline out of the novel's timeline of events. Noctilus and Roth suffered heavy casualties but the battle seems to have been inconclusive, other than Sartosa being destroyed, it seems. Aranessa however seems corrupted by Stromfels without being aware of it, although CA hasn't really elaborated on it.

To be honest, the novel isn't in line with the story elements presented in the Dreadfleet rulebook so no wonder they didn't have to follow it. The only time-based event seems to be that Karl Franz was the Emperor when Noctilus teleported over to Galleon's Graveyard. So, they shifted it a bit sooner so that it happens within that framework.
    It's heavily implied that Jhaego Roth is dead and Noctilus was the victor of that battle. In Noctilus' campaign intro (can't remember if it was Vortex or ME), the narrator says "Jhaego Roth can no longer stop us." At the end of Noctilus' campaign, all the text says is that Noctilus wants to go back in time and murder Roth's ancestors or something along those lines.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/9wmzvi/count_noctilus_vortex_campaign_epilogue/
    edited November 15
    Bonutz619 said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

@Riskafish

It's heavily implied that Jhaego Roth is dead and Noctilus was the victor of that battle. In Noctilus' campaign intro (can't remember if it was Vortex or ME), the narrator says "Jhaego Roth can no longer stop us." At the end of Noctilus' campaign, all the text says is that Noctilus wants to go back in time and murder Roth's ancestors or something along those lines.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/9wmzvi/count_noctilus_vortex_campaign_epilogue/

He ain't dead at all.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 522Registered Users
    Would makes sense since we have maybe 1 or 2 faction that can be DLC and 4 being part of the core game.

So unless CA starts doing other type DLC, I expect a lot of LP and crossover LP.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 1,007Registered Users
    Crossil said:

Bonutz619 said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

@Riskafish

He ain't dead at all.
    Oh well I must’ve missed that lol. Carry on.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 2,326Registered Users
    Forgot to include High Elves vs Warriors of Chaos

Imrik vs Galrauch!
  • DerPhonixDerPhonix Senior Member Posts: 426Registered Users
    Not really enough units for Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs to do a whole lot of DLCs if they are already included in the game.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,018Registered Users
    The Dwarfs are going to need their Rune Golems and Rune Guardians (and Thunderbarges) to deal with all the stuff that the Chaos Dwarfs can throw at them, plus whatever new game 3 mechanics they'll have access to.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka