Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Fix for the chaos invasion. ME

overtaker40overtaker40 Posts: 30Registered Users
edited November 17 in General Discussion
Remove the purple and blue sub factions and have 3 spaced waves of significantly more powerfull chaos armies, each one arriving at a random one of 6 or so, fixed points based across the map.

Might be near you or might be far away.

The waves 1: 7 weak armies 2: 7 mid tier armies 3: 7 strong armies .first turn they arrive only have half stack or half health so if near you can try get em quick

Have to plan for them get 3 turns warning before each wave. Not location though

Have increased stats for when they fight other ai factions.

But I think having to dread a random location would be alot more thrilling than the anoying and persistent weak armies from the same places.

Infact having one randomly selected ai faction as well with more buffs than other ai, when facing ai, would allow for a more interesting and varied endgame. Having to deal with some new, decent lategame armies that wouldn't always be the same factions with chaos being a threat that's going to hurt your empire regardless of how good you are.

Comments

• overtaker40overtaker40 Posts: 30Registered Users
    I also think there should be a statistical setting where the ai could effectively beat chaos alone in 25% of games you play

Think 25 in 100 games you can ignore chaos completely
  • darkgaia01darkgaia01 Posts: 187Registered Users
    they also need to add the bloody dlc units to the unit spawn list and same goes for vortex as it seems a waste to make them and then not even add them for the AI to make full use of them.
  • Lin_HuichiLin_Huichi Posts: 305Registered Users
    No. Randomly spawning Chaos is why I quit my one and only Vortex campaign.

Instead, keep the fixed points for Chaos invasions, including the servants and puppets of Chaos. Personally I use the 10x Chaos mod so they appear with ~60 stacks, first is low tier units and second invasion with Legendary Lords and high tier stuff. Like Total War Warhammer 2: Prepare to Die edition.
  • BronzebeardBronzebeard Posts: 197Registered Users

Instead, keep the fixed points for Chaos invasions, including the servants and puppets of Chaos. Personally I use the 10x Chaos mod so they appear with ~60 stacks, first is low tier units and second invasion with Legendary Lords and high tier stuff. Like Total War Warhammer 2: Prepare to Die edition.

Does that mod affect only the main chaos factions or is it for all the smaller ones as well?
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,294Registered Users
    Here's the best fix:

Remove it. Completely.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,501Registered Users
    Clear goals/missions in a RPG sense would be nice..
  • Lin_HuichiLin_Huichi Posts: 305Registered Users

Does that mod affect only the main chaos factions or is it for all the smaller ones as well?
    All Chaos factions spawn with the additional stacks, even the norscans at sartosa
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Posts: 40Registered Users

All Chaos factions spawn with the additional stacks, even the norscans at sartosa
    Indeed. I have the Chaos waves boosted to 5x their normal amount and it's definitely more challenging for me (playing as Khemri in ME at the moment). Eastern Lustria is a dead wasteland with only Itza holding out. The AI controlled Empire still crushes the main Chaos force in the north though.
  • PTreePTree Posts: 310Registered Users
    Change one of the waves to a GS WAaaaaaaA, and a Skaven Incursion, to mix it up. With WH3, we'll also get Demons appearing all over the place.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,531Registered Users
    PTree said:

Change one of the waves to a GS WAaaaaaaA, and a Skaven Incursion, to mix it up. With WH3, we'll also get Demons appearing all over the place. </

So many good invasion options that could be added randomly between turns 100-500.

Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Posts: 30Registered Users

i get what you're saying but your preference is likely a minority. my idea was more something that would be good for everyone and adjusted by difficulty while still have variation in every game. what you like is better as a mod.