Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

3 player campaign for TWW3

BrightestLightBrightestLight Registered Users Posts: 513
do you guys think it'd be possible for them to create a 3 or 4 player campaign mode in warhammer 3? maybe even later down the line, not even at launch

Comments

• RiskafishRiskafish Registered Users Posts: 494
    I don't think they would do it but it would be amazingly cool if they did.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 519
    I really hope so. 2-player co-op is too limiting.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 835

2 Player is very limiting, as it has to either be cooperative or head to head. 3K introduced a free approach to this, but generally speaking; playing a 2 player campaign cooperative or competitive is generally preset. 3 or 4 players however could introduce a lot of insecurity and strategy to campaigns.
  • summertimelovinsummertimelovin Registered Users Posts: 242
    Yes please! Mortal Empires really needs this. I dream of the day when I can finally betray three of my friends at the most inconvenient (for them) moments or build doomspheres under their capitals and laugh at their outrage. They'll probably unite to destroy me but it'll be worth it.
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,359

2 Player is very limiting, as it has to either be cooperative or head to head. 3K introduced a free approach to this, but generally speaking; playing a 2 player campaign cooperative or competitive is generally preset. 3 or 4 players however could introduce a lot of insecurity and strategy to campaigns.
    Also desyncs and potential for even longer turn times.

I'm just saying.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • NinaranNinaran Registered Users Posts: 29
    Sephlock said:

Also desyncs and potential for even longer turn times.

I'm just saying.
    Nothing like having to spend 3-4 turns just building up or recuperating, passing turns relatively quickly, only to have your friend fight 2-3 battles per turn, each with a 2-3 minute loading screen into the battle and another 5 minute loading screen out of the battle. With the battle itself and his own realm management, those 3-4 turns could sometimes go up to an hour or so of inactivity.

Now imagining that with even more players.. oof.

Then again, just having the -option- there doesn't mean you -have- to play with more than one person.
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Registered Users Posts: 1,149
    Playing this game with other people, outside of quick battles, sounds like... absolutely zero fun. Waiting, waiting, more waiting. Turn-based games are awful for multiplayer. A game where some players fight separate real-time battles at different times than the other players is even much worse.

Of course, options never hurt. But I hope and assume they won't spend significant development time on it.
  • VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Registered Users Posts: 230
    In my experience, Desyncs happen in turn based games when those turns are simultaneous . When I play TW2 head to head in a multiplayer campaign, it never de syncs. One turn at a time. I would very much like the player limit to increase. Fighting the AI only is boring and predictable. I have beaten legendary over and over and would like a greater challenge.

CA please think about increasing the player limit.
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Registered Users Posts: 513
    i...don't really care about waiting. if you do then it's fine, you don't have to play it.
  • DarthnollDarthnoll Registered Users Posts: 1
    To any and every person who is afraid of "waiting" you obviously wouldn't play/don't play MPC's anyways soooo why are you posting? The truth is lots of long running total war players know how fun it was to have 8 player campaigns in the days of Medi2 and are simply looking to get a 4 player campaign experience similar to what we used to have. People who want this want it because it would convince friends to purchase and play more, it sucks when you have a core group of people to play games with and then can only play 2 players in a game. The wait times are offset by having multiple monitors to do other stuff on, talking with your friends etc etc. It really would not be that bad as far as time goes, that or you are unfortunately pretty impatient, which by all means, you don't need or want this feature, but plenty of us do and it would increase sales as roommates and online friends alike would suddenly be more interested in spending a couple hours out of 2 to 4 days a week playing the game.

Ever played DnD before? That's a wildly successful multi-player campaign based game that takes a lot of time to do. And a HELLUVA-lot of people play that. It really doesn't take much thought to realize this would be a feature that would be loved by many and would make the game more appealing to another large market.