Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What the heck is the deal with playing Napoleon's Battles???

Spartan480BCSpartan480BC Junior MemberPosts: 58Registered Users
Howdy!

A little help please.

I just attempted to play one of Napoleon's historical battles for the first time. The historical battle I selected to play was Friedland.

To my astonishment, I discovered that I was allowed to control only a fraction of all the French units on the map. About three out of four French units on the map were locked; therefore I could do nothing to influence what they did. I attempted to fight the battle with the small number of French units I could control, but, within minutes, the large number of French units I couldn't control were ineffectual in responding to Russian attacks and were routed off the field. Minutes later, the small number of French units I could control were overwhelmed by Russian units converging from all over the field and were themselves routed.

What the heck?

What am I missing?

What's the trick for being successful in this game?

Thanks!

Comments

• Spartan480BCSpartan480BC Junior Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    I have now advanced all the way through the historical Napoleon's battles. I now see that Friedland is the only game in the historical Napoleon's battles series to behave as I described above. So, I'll now venture an answer to my own question: Friedland is intended to be played as a multiplayer game with co-players playing those parts of the French Army over which I have no control, correct?