Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dear James

markp27markp27 Posts: 1,344Registered Users
edited November 24 in General Discussion
Can we get a basic update with what is happening with the game?

Our only way of knowing that the DLC has been delayed is through those checking Reddit and posting on here. We have no idea if we are getting an update or FLC before Christmas, or even what is happening with fixes for treachery and offspring in non-family couples.

Any communication on these topics would be greatly appreciated not only by myself but the whole community.

Comments

• Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 2,057Registered Users
    +1

It feels like forever since we heard anything... it's almost like... you're... hiding something... but what could it be... PERHAPS... you are SPIES FOR CAO CAO! TRAITORS! TRAAAAAAITOOOOORS!!!!! You should be cleaved in half by my halberd.

"I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,165Registered Users
    +1 Give us something to discuss on the forum instead of all these bull **** discussions
  • XVypeXXVypeX Posts: 114Registered Users
    edited November 25
    Member that time they said they would have more communication on the forums....

so where is that player experience manager?
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Posts: 413Registered Users
    edited November 25
    According to Reddit, there will be no news this november, including Warhammer. This means the dlc trailer for warhammer will come in the first week of december while the rest will be marketing period.
    You know what that means? No news for 3k until next year.
  • nephlitenephlite Posts: 225Registered Users
    I am sorry to discuss only "why this game is not fun for now" in this forum.
    But ... there's nothing left to talk except that.
    nephlite said:

But ... there's nothing left to talk except that.

Well why do you think nobody is talking about 3k anymore? It's not really a game built to have continuous discussion and speculation.
  • XVypeXXVypeX Posts: 114Registered Users
    edited November 25
    The Games fun for me, love it and with the Wu_kingdaissance mod, it makes the game feel complete for me now.
    I also created this mod if anyone is interested :)https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1902569992 it works along with the Wu_kingdaissance mod.

only thing I want to see addressed is the bug issues that people are hating just now.
    @Kirkwald
    If weren't for Rome2 and Warhammer, I wouldn't have been sorry for this.
    It made me expect long term support for each Total War games.
    XVypeX said:

Yes indeed. Sorry to see ca not responding in any way. Like someone else said it’s like talking to the wall.
  • united84united84 Posts: 615Registered Users
    I pray the content for January 2020 will not be another catastrophe of the likes of 8P or Dynasty Mode.

I dont mind the silence as long as the historical team is showing due diligence to their post-release content. No more cookie cutter and copy pasta please.

• mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Posts: 1,683Registered Users
    It is pretty disappointing. I thought they made a ton of money from this game. It does not make any sense.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    Well from what I can see here and how James didn't bother to reply in this thread, I think I'll conclude that they aren't telling us anything because there is nothing to tell us at the moment, and that they will make a thread about things themselves as they are ready to announce new content.

Well from what I can see here and how James didn't bother to reply in this thread, I think I'll conclude that they aren't telling us anything because there is nothing to tell us at the moment, and that they will make a thread about things themselves as they are ready to announce new content.

Well, you are probably right that there really is nothing to talk about. I think it's pretty clear that the next DLC is going to be the Liang rebellion and/or the Yellow Turbans.
    This is honestly one thing that hurts the longevity of the game, at least when it comes to discussion. The setting of this game isn't one that drums up any sort of speculation and even if someone tries, to most people, such speculations isn't all that interesting to delve on i.e. which chinese warlord is going to be include in the next DLC.

There is always something to share.
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 300Registered Users
    XVypeX said:

its for them! not for us….. I'll bet ya it this sleek good modern blond girl with a heart of gold stalking every available venue right at this moment, collecting deducting, chosing favorites which she then adresses back to to 'the team'

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,503Registered Users
    Just a heads up, there is going to be info about the next DLC before the end of the year.

Soon Warhammer's new DLC will be released, and by then CA will not allow any lighting for 3K.
    Well, Warhammer's DLC just got teased which means the DLC will come out on the 2nd week of december while the trailer for the 3K DLC will probably come out on the last week of december.

That said, I wish 3K content also got these kind of teasers (even if it looks like people aren't exactly happy with what is teased so far). At least the entire community just bursts into wild speculation.
    But eh.
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 1,344Registered Users

Just a heads up, there is going to be info about the next DLC before the end of the year.

On Reddit, nothing here as usual. We have become the forgotten people.
    markp27 said:

That's actually twitter but eh, it's the same in the end.
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 1,344Registered Users
    Kirkwald said:

markp27 said:

That's actually twitter but eh, it's the same in the end.
    I realised that :D but every bit of information we have had so far has come from Reddit ;)
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,284Registered Users
    Will probably get the news after WH2 DLC is out and before CA goes into holiday mode.
  • punic soldierpunic soldier Posts: 79Registered Users
    i am very funny,that casual players who write in this forum, writing aberrant nonsense things like implementing more territory and more factions that have nothing to do with history or at the time like japan, mongolians and things like that.
    It is as if the civilizations of america were added to rome,these people have no idea what they write.
    with so many things to implement in the campaign that will give more immersion and depth to the game such as new start dates, new factions, exclusive generals, historical and more mechanical events,i don't have the DLC of the eight princes because it does not contribute anything to the main campaign and they are not integrated in it, but it has very good mechanics that makes a different game mode in each faction, CA should add more mechanics of this quality to the main campaign.
    all DLC, FCL, expansion or update must be integrated into the main campaign.
    If CA launches a DLC or expansion with a start date earlier than the main campaign, the player who does not get that DLC may play from that start date, but the player who has that DLC in addition to being able to play the main campaign from That start date will do it with the new factions, new mechanics, exclusive, general events and everything new implemented,this will avoid incompatibility in multiplayer campaigns.
    i am currently playing a multiplayer campaign, which by the way did not skip important events with liu bei such as the incorporation of zhao yun or the historical event of tao quian and then the annexation of their territories,i do not know if it will be a bug in the multiplayer, by that in a single player campaign these events jumped me.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,408Registered Users
    It is as if the civilizations of america were added to rome,these people have no idea what they write.

I would have been 100% for an early Aztec invasion in Rome 2 or Attila btw.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 2,057Registered Users

i am very funny,that casual players who write in this forum, writing aberrant nonsense things like implementing more territory and more factions that have nothing to do with history or at the time like japan, mongolians and things like that.
    with so many things to implement in the campaign that will give more immersion and depth to the game such as new start dates, new factions, exclusive generals, historical and more mechanical events,i don't have the DLC of the eight princes because it does not contribute anything to the main campaign and they are not integrated in it, but it has very good mechanics that makes a different game mode in each faction, CA should add more mechanics of this quality to the main campaign.
    all DLC, FCL, expansion or update must be integrated into the main campaign.
    If CA launches a DLC or expansion with a start date earlier than the main campaign, the player who does not get that DLC may play from that start date, but the player who has that DLC in addition to being able to play the main campaign from That start date will do it with the new factions, new mechanics, exclusive, general events and everything new implemented,this will avoid incompatibility in multiplayer campaigns.
    i am currently playing a multiplayer campaign, which by the way did not skip important events with liu bei such as the incorporation of zhao yun or the historical event of tao quian and then the annexation of their territories,i do not know if it will be a bug in the multiplayer, by that in a single player campaign these events jumped me.

Cough... Mongolians (or at this time known as Xianbei/Xiongnu) were part of the history of the Three Kingdoms. Yuan Shao's sons were executed by a Khan of a Xianbei tribe and their heads were sent back to Cao Cao to secure friendship. Cao Cao would later summon the Xianbei in a 4 pronged attack against Shu (which Zhuge Liang dismantled before it could even begin).

Then there are the frequent skirmishes between border guard dogs like Gongsun Zan and Ma Teng.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin