Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredWarhammer; Total War II - configuration

BronnBronn Posts: 8Registered Users
edited December 2019 in Performance & Graphics
Hi All,

I have a RTX2080 with a CPU to run it. my monitor is AW3420DW which is a 120 Hz 34" ultrawide monitor.

When I run the game it runs at 60 Hz not 120 Hz (other games I run run at 120Hz) and the frame rate is only 60 FPS.

Is there some configuration or setting I need to set to be able to run at 120 Hz and higher FPS?

I am currently running on ultra but get only 60 FPS or much lower, my computer should be able to support much higher FPS.

The game looks great in 3440x1440 ultrawide, jsut the FPS and Hz are not aligning with what my system can deliver.

Thanks and any help is much appreciated.

B

Post edited by CA_Hamish on

Comments

• Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Posts: 352Registered Users
    hey,

so you are trying to explain that if you enable vsync that your cpu/gpu chooses for a refreshrate 60 hz/fps or just that your system is not able to produce those fps?

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • BronnBronn Posts: 8Registered Users

hey,

so you are trying to explain that if you enable vsync that your cpu/gpu chooses for a refreshrate 60 hz/fps or just that your system is not able to produce those fps?

Without V-sync the system seems to be locked close to 60 FPS/60 Hz
  • CA_HamishCA_Hamish Posts: 131Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SEGA
    Hi @Bronn

In order for me to look into what you have encountered, I will need some additional information.

Could you please submit (in a reply to this thread) your Dxdiag, preferences.script and modified.log. This will tell me all about for settings and system. Furthermore, could you please run a the battle_benchmark (graphics settings > advanced graphics > benchmarks) and post a screengrab of the results.

It would be worth noting that we cap the framerate on the front-end to 60fps. This is to optimise system resources as there is no real need to render anymore than 60fps in the menu screens. When in the game campaign and battles the fps is uncapped.

Please also check your Nvidia settings and make sure there is nothing there that is capping your frames or forcing V-sync enabled.

Please let us know how you get on

Thanks in advance,
    CA_Hamish :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file