Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Way To Make 3-4 Player Campaign Possible

CAFBCAFB Posts: 1Registered Users
edited November 29 in Total War General Chat
The issue, the long wait for your individual turn, but what if that can be avoided. Simultaneous Turns Baby! Essentially everyone has their turn at the same time, working and strategizing like any other turn, and though some might finish before others, that's just something no system can take away. Point being, the issue of having to wait for each individual person is taken out of the equation, effectively having real time constant play.

But now you might ask yourself, "I can see this working with auto resolved battles, but that no fun, how will we fix the issue of players wanting a hand at the chaos?" Ho Ho my dear friend, not only can you witness awesome battle, but creative assembly have already implemented features to help you. Not only can you take control of the enemy army, whether yours or the AI's, they have also added features in which the attacking player can allow a section of his army to be commanded by another player, just make sure he is trustworthy, wink. I feel that not only will this make multiplayer campaigns a hit, it will become incredibly immersive, and quite frankly the very first of its kind. Yes games like the age of wonders franchise has simultaneous turns, but that is all they have.

Creative Assembly, I may not really know what your aspirations and goals are, but I think this is something that will bring people together in your games; it may actually break more friendships if I'm honest, but that's besides the point :P. People will start talking and inviting, informing people of these games so they can enjoy a campaign experience like never before, even if it's a friend who has never played a total war game before, and rest assured he or she will have more confidence in trying it out now that they have friends to play with.

Creative Assembly, I think this will give people that much more incentive to buy and enjoy your beautiful and stunning games. In the end I just wanted to make an effort, to make people aware, despite the fact that that some may or may not have known of this possibility. The tech is there, it just needs a path.

Sincerely CAFB, and thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts on the idea.
Post edited by CAFB on

Comments

• The_Gordion_KnotThe_Gordion_Knot Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited November 30
    Really like the idea, I hope that CA will implement this because if they did I would spend every second of my day playing total war for the rest of my life. And that is coming from the Gordion Knot so that means a lot.
  • virginia1861virginia1861 Posts: 31Registered Users
    CAFB said:

The issue, the long wait for your individual turn, but what if that can be avoided. Simultaneous Turns Baby! Essentially everyone has their turn at the same time, working and strategizing like any other turn, and though some might finish before others, that's just something no system can take away. Point being, the issue of having to wait for each individual person is taken out of the equation, effectively having real time constant play.

But now you might ask yourself, "I can see this working with auto resolved battles, but that no fun, how will we fix the issue of players wanting a hand at the chaos?" Ho Ho my dear friend, not only can you witness awesome battle, but creative assembly have already implemented features to help you. Not only can you take control of the enemy army, whether yours or the AI's, they have also added features in which the attacking player can allow a section of his army to be commanded by another player, just make sure he is trustworthy, wink. I feel that not only will this make multiplayer campaigns a hit, it will become incredibly immersive, and quite frankly the very first of its kind. Yes games like the age of wonders franchise has simultaneous turns, but that is all they have.

Creative Assembly, I may not really know what your aspirations and goals are, but I think this is something that will bring people together in your games; it may actually break more friendships if I'm honest, but that's besides the point :P. People will start talking and inviting, informing people of these games so they can enjoy a campaign experience like never before, even if it's a friend who has never played a total war game before, and rest assured he or she will have more confidence in trying it out now that they have friends to play with.

Creative Assembly, I think this will give people that much more incentive to buy and enjoy your beautiful and stunning games. In the end I just wanted to make an effort, to make people aware, despite the fact that that some may or may not have known of this possibility. The tech is there, it just needs a path.

Sincerely CAFB, and thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts on the idea.

I gave up total war for ageod. You can play up to 8 player MP because everyone turns are done at the same time. You do your turn, building, movements etc and all players do at the same time. Than they are processed all at once. It is great.

http://www.ageod.com/
  • CodesCodes Posts: 1Registered Users
    Honestly this is a great idea I hope total war does this